• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You just contradicted your own statement homie.

Players are way better today, and Michael Jordan being more dominant today.

I agree that the game is played differently. But players were just as talented in the 80s and 90s as they are today.

If anything, they weren't as innovative as they are today. I mean a euro step was legal in 1985 too. Basketball talent and basketball innovation aren't the same thing. Larry bird would shoot a 3 just as good now a he did then. He'd just shoot more of them.

Comparing stars are the top isn't how to evaluate the difference between now and then. It's really about the players in the middle and the bottom.

To say that curry, harden etc wouldn't be as successful as they are now...is not saying much. But it's true.

I was saying that as a testament to mikes greatness. He thrived in spite of situations he probably shouldn’t have even had to deal with.

And players being just as talented in the 80s and 90s as they are today??? I strongly disagree. Where are we drawing the line between talent and innovation?

no. it's not. gravity is making an entire team change their scheme for you. where everyone has to be cognizant of where you are on the court. warriors doubled dame and cj and harden and kyrie in the past. they recognize the issue of letting them get comfortable. defenses collapse for curry. with attention going to him even without the ball, guys like draymond and iggy and looney get wide open layups and dunks.
Gravity is making other player(s) come to you that wouldn't have to otherwise.

Players have different skill sets and require different schemes to slow them down.

To say curry has more "gravity" than shaq in his prime...How do you measure that?

You said "dame ain't got no gravity"

That's just not true

More streamlined? Not sure what you mean. If anything, the game is more streamlined now.

It's not so much about overall skill, curry and harden etc have the skill. It's the physicality and the ability to withstand it and still perform at the same level.
I meant more streamlined as far as everything. You got centers making threes at a decent clip. Playcalling on both ends of the floor has become complicated due to the nature of the game. Training is more complex today even. I imagine harden curry or even Westbrook's eating off of switches on o. Yeah, they'd get banged up, but burning dudes that would normally be playing in one zone getting drawn out of said zone because the game hadn't evolved to where they actually needed to play out of position.

I mean, of course he's exaggerating. But, what he's saying is true.

This and your Scottie pippen statement shows your obvious recency bias.

Fortunately, curry plays now and not back then

6CC73773-DBF3-483A-9D19-3EB2DB9B5D4C.gif

I was saying that as a testament to mikes greatness. He thrived in spite of situations he probably shouldn’t have even had to deal with.

And players being just as talented in the 80s and 90s as they are today??? I strongly disagree. Where are we drawing the line between talent and innovation?
I'm simply saying that players were able to shoot, dribble, pass and defend just as well as they can today.

I mean, we aren't talking about bob cousy here. We are talking about Isaiah Thomas

Just because kyrie Irving dribbles fancier than magic Johnson doesn't make him "better"

It just makes him better at fancy dribbling. That's the line between talent and innovation

If your better at certain facets of the game, though, wouldn't that mean you are better?
Are you asking if kyrie Irving was better than magic Johnson because he has a better handle?

Really?

Was kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan because he shot the 3 better than mj?

No because mj had more facets of the game he was better at. I was speaking in general terms. Being better at more things than the others adds up.

If you define Scottie pippen, Michael Jordan and kawhi Leonard as elite, then no, klay isn't elite.

But that's not a slight to klay. He's really good defensively.

Why is it that some gsw fans get upset about that?

I mean, elite "all world" defensive players end up on the all defensive teams at some point right? How many all defensive teams has klay made?

I'm not a Warriors fan, I like the Lakers

I don't use media awards as a measurement for players so we're not gonna see eye to eye on this

It’s absolutley crazy to me that no 2 teammates have had triple doubles in the playoffs before last night

Triple doubles just became a common occurrence within the last few years.

What was it, Lance Stephenson lead the league with 5 in 2013?

No because mj had more facets of the game he was better at. I was speaking in general terms. Being better at more things than the others adds up.
no it doesn't work like this.

Other then shooting what was curry better at then John wall in 2017.john wall must of been better. He was better at more things

I'm not a Warriors fan, I like the Lakers

I don't use media awards as a measurement for players so we're not gonna see eye to eye on this
I'm not asking you to give me your opinion on media awards. But surely you could agree that at some point an elite defender would get their just due.

An elite defensive player would make an all defensive team at some point. Right?

Klay hasn't been even a 2nd teamer. So while I don't feel like that defines his defensive ability, I think it's perfectly fine to rate him a tier below elite...especially if "elite" classifies the best defenders to ever live.

The word "elite" is thrown around way too loosely these days.

no it doesn't work like this.

Other then shooting what was curry better at then John wall in 2017.john wall must of been better. He was better at more things
Shooting is half the game, isn't it? Wall is a better passer? Nope, but wall was good in 2017. Just not, you know, breaking records or a part of a championship team. Better isn't always quantified by stats, see: westbrook. If being better at more parts of the game doesnt qualify one player as better than another, what does?

Last edited:
I swear to god if the warriors blow this im about to be the most annoying mother ****er on this entire forum.

tenor.gif

loading up the slander pistol.. :pimp::pimp:

milwaukee I see u :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom