Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fu_mr_rogers.gif

Yall better hope the Knicks aint ever good again cuz ima be butt *** nekkid in here night after night tweaking my nipples with my shirt off at the keyboard.

You think buc em and jumpman are bad?

Wooooooo boy
wow.png

history has shown us that folks wont have to hope too hard.

He definitely tore his calf just the matter of the severity. Part of me thinks him and them going out like this may be enough to convince him to stay one more season.

people are confusing a ruptured achilles and a completely torn one. if the achilles is completely torn, you bout to have a seat whether you like it or not. a partially torn one though you may still be able to at least move around. maybe.

Nah man. Rupture and tear are used interchangeably in the medical world. Difference being the tear can be partial or full thickness. All or only some fibers or all or some of the tendon. Doctors typically (not always) reserve "rupture" for a full thickness tear. Meaning the tendon completely tears and rolls up your calf like a party noisemaker or rubber band.

lawdog1 lawdog1 said he ruptured his which I'm guessing meant full thickness tear. And he said he was gucci.

When Durant went down, the players and coaches were in immediate shock with the injury. I assume, just like all of us, that they thought that KD tore his AT.

One thing that wasnt very heavily reported was what Demarcus Cousins did right when KD hurt himself. Cousins left the bench and followed KD into the locker room. Assuming he did this because he assumed it was an AT injury too. No more than a couple minutes later, Cousins returned to the bench to tell the players and coaches it was his calf, not his AT. While I guess he could have been lying (not sure why he would have been though), there is no way that Cousins formulated this plan to hide the real injury from his teammates and coaches in this two minute period of time.

it'll be interesting how the league handles news regarding injuries once gambling becomes legalized
i know the nfl and mlb have certain rules in placed on how the news is released and the timing of it

Nah man. Rupture and tear are used interchangeably in the medical world. Difference being the tear can be partial or full thickness. All or only some fibers or all or some of the tendon. Doctors typically (not always) reserve "rupture" for a full thickness tear. Meaning the tendon completely tears and rolls up your calf like a party noisemaker or rubber band.

lawdog1 lawdog1 said he ruptured his which I'm guessing meant full thickness tear. And he said he was gucci.
they said my homie on the football team ruptured his and it was partial. he actually finished the rest of the game full contact and all. im saying people are confusing the concepts, not so much the terminology. an example is the report about looney first said it was a broken collarbone now all the sudden its "just" a fracture. but a broken bone IS a fracture feel me?

on some a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square steeze. your description of the roll up is hilarious though lmaooooo

I don't think we see Durant for the remainder of the series. If he's already been ruled out for game for any hasn't participated in any contact drills or practice, I doubt he's going to play in game 5 or beyond. This isn't NBA 2K, a player can't not practice or take contact for a month and just hop in the starting lineup.

I think the Warriors are pulling a classic NFL move where guys are questionable even though they're still on crutches and have no chance of playing. It gives the opposing team something to game plan for and think about.

This has me more worried about the long-term prognosis for his injury. Even when he first got hurt, it looked like a four to six-week injury and it seems to be on the long end of that recovery cycle. I remember a bunch of Niketalk doctors in here saying he would only miss a week or two. Maybe he's seriously hurt and we won't know the real story until the offseason.

With Durant likely out for the remainder of the series, I think the Raptors take this in five or six. No Durant in a hobbled Klay won't get it done. We saw last night that even if Curry goes nuclear the Warriors still get blown out at home.

People are primarily focusing on Durant and Klay's offense but honestly, take those two guys off and they've lost to elite defenders who can guard multiple positions. Even with Draymond as they're anchor, their defense was still butt cheeks last night.

I don't see them going into Toronto and winning another game.

You are correct. Mine was a complete rupture, so if you ran your hand along the back of my leg before the surgery you could feel a little hole/gap where part of the Achilles was supposed to be. After it snapped, it rolled up like you said, hence the space that little space where the tendon was no longer connected.

they said my homie on the football team ruptured his and it was partial. he actually finished the rest of the game full contact and all. im saying people are confusing the concepts, not so much the terminology. an example is the report about looney first said it was a broken collarbone now all the sudden its "just" a fracture. but a broken bone IS a fracture feel me?

on some a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square steeze. your description of the roll up is hilarious though lmaooooo

Except here you have an example of a dude who completely ruptured his (full thickness) and he had no trouble walking around and carrying on.

You are correct. Mine was a complete rupture, so if you ran your hand along the back of my leg before the surgery you could feel a little hole/gap where part of the Achilles was supposed to be. After it snapped, it rolled up like you said, hence the space that little space where the tendon was no longer connected.

did they go through scrimmage today or just ruled him out and decided to scrap it? either way, would be shocked if he came back. he might as well throw on a suit and cheer from the sidelines.

did they go through scrimmage today or just ruled him out and decided to scrap it? either way, would be shocked if he came back. he might as well throw on a suit and cheer from the sidelines

The trainers were not comfortable with him scrimmaging yet.

Except here you have an example of a dude who completely ruptured his (full thickness) and he had no trouble walking around and carrying on.
nah u missed it. they said my homie RUPTURED his, but it was partial. in your example "Doctors typically (not always) reserve "rupture" for a full thickness tear." Thats why i said its not really about the terminology people getting confused. people think any kind of rupture or tear to the achilles = you grounded cant walk or put weight on it. im saying theyre confusing the complete tear with the partial.

but i digress. this is the finals thread, not anatomy 101 lol

random note: i used to teach geometry and it’s incredible just how difficult it was for students to understand this concept

incredible. lmaoooooooo

i get it, but sometimes its just not necessary tho. this was literally someone being overzealous and forgetting themselves. not a deep-seated manifestation of dormant racism that erupted on kyle lowry. thats ALL im saying, is people trying to turn this into something its not.
You have got to be kidding.

did they go through scrimmage today or just ruled him out and decided to scrap it? either way, would be shocked if he came back. he might as well throw on a suit and cheer from the sidelines.

nah he wasnt cleared for scrimmage from the orthopedist (i think). At the end of a response, Kerr alluded to KD scrimmaging in the next few days. Not sure if that’s just him being careless and not really having a full understanding of KD’s injury or if he accidentally said more than what he was supposed to

In any case, i wish they’d just rule him out already instead of stringing us along. But it’s drama that has the nba world watching

You have got to be kidding.

am i kidding that a courtside fan (who happens to be a partial owner) shoving the guy who just fell into his friends porbably didnt stem from racism? no. no im not. im keenly aware of the climate and all of the other happenings in our nation... but a light shove during a sport when ur team is losing is not grounds for a hate crime investigation.

Back
Top Bottom