Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In some cases yes. Most cases no.

With Kevin he literally strained his calf so badly that he was out over a month and hadn’t even practiced. I ain’t no doctor but the calf is connected to the Achilles. Badly compromised calf = chance of Achilles rupture in strenuous activity

Agree.

That said, I think there’s very little chance any of the doctors he was dealing with are going to face any malpractice liability for various reasons. First, to give an assessment, the doctors would have had to rely heavily on what KD was telling them about how his leg felt to him. If he told them he was feeling completely normal, no pain or tightness in the calf or Achilles of any kind and he wasn’t limping, would be hard to say they were negligent in telling him he could play. Second, at the end of the day, it was KD who chose to play in an NBA game, an activity in which injury is always a risk. A lot of doctors will tell you that if an Achilles is going to blow, its going to blow. Doesn’t matter what the person does, it will happen eventually. Unless the doctors involved said, “KD, there is absolutely zero chance you can get hurt in any way if you play in Game 5,” I don’t see a viable malpractice case in this situation.

How did they not see it? His personal staff should have been the balance of status, if gs was telling him he was good. Unless it was the other way around, with his staff telling him he was good, and gs advising him not to push it. Imo, he wanted to push it, and his staff, being under his employ, said go for it if you feel like it. Not sure if he would have such a calm demeanor about it if he was mad at the teams handling of things.
Not sure either existed in kds last MRI. I'm pretty sure he didn't have one in the last week or so before he went down. And from his words, he wanted to play.

The whole situation is fishy and I think kd himself, in time, will see the true ill will and bad intent behind gsw actions or lack thereof.

Especially if he's NEVER the same

Agree.

That said, I think there’s very little chance any of the doctors he was dealing with are going to face any malpractice liability for various reasons. First, to give an assessment, the doctors would have had to rely heavily on what KD was telling them about how his leg felt to him. If he told them he was feeling completely normal, no pain or tightness in the calf or Achilles of any kind and he wasn’t limping, would be hard to say they were negligent in telling him he could play. Second, at the end of the day, it was KD who chose to play in an NBA game, an activity in which injury is always a risk. A lot of doctors will tell you that if an Achilles is going to blow, its going to blow. Doesn’t matter what the person does, it will happen eventually. Unless the doctors involved said, “KD, there is absolutely zero chance you can get hurt in any way if you play in Game 5,” I don’t see a viable malpractice case in this situation.

Damn good info

And that makes sense in that you can blow your Achilles at any given time and we don’t know the info kd was giving to doctors about how he was actually feeling

Just shocking to me how apparently no one gave kd an indication that you could tear your Achilles given your current calf injury. That makes no sense wtf lol smh

How can Jalen rose see that KD has no business on the court but no one in the Warriors org could?
Rose’s reporting was suspect to me. KD’s injury was shrouded in mystery and secrecy since May. Suddenly the Dubs go from tight-lipped to giving a random media member access to Durant’s private workout? Nah, B. That seems unlikely, given how close to the vest the GSW played KD’s injury the whole time.

Damn good info

And that makes sense in that you can blow your Achilles at any given time and we don’t know the info kd was giving to doctors about how he was actually feeling

Just shocking to me how apparently no one gave kd an indication that you could tear your Achilles given your current calf injury. That makes no sense wtf lol smh
You don't think KD told the doctors on both sides he was ready? He did have his own doctors looking in, didn't he?

Rose’s reporting was suspect to me. KD’s injury was shrouded in mystery and secrecy since May. Suddenly the Dubs go from tight-lipped to giving a random media member access to Durant’s private workout? Nah, B. That seems unlikely, given how close to the vest the GSW played KD’s injury the whole time.

True. But the fact that he was literally cleared to practice 48 hours prior to the game was extremely alarming.
Common sense tell us that's a recipe for disaster.

What are you saying? Rose was straight up lying about even seeing KD practice? THAT seems unlikely
True. But the fact that he was literally cleared to practice 48 hours prior to the game was extremely alarming.
Common sense tell us that's a recipe for disaster.

Right. A bunch of people in here were questioning that. And we're just a bunch of idiots on a message board :lol:

Damn good info

The situation is weird all the way around, but if I was the lawyer defending the doctors, the spin I’d try to go with is “we didn’t say there was no risk of injury. We said the calf injury healed enough that he wasn’t any more at risk than what’s present any time an NBA player steps on the floor. KD’s been in the league 10 years; he knows there’s always a risk of injury.”

Plus, if KD still signs a max deal this Summer, there’s an argument he wasn’t really damaged financially by the injury.

Might have a point if they didn’t trail in every single series to get to the finals.

They know how to deal with a playoff loss.

They were supposed to be rattled down 0-2 to the Bucks.
That were supposed to be rattled after blowing game 2 vs GS.
I'm not worried about their mental toughness, I'm worried about their ability to make wide open shots cause they've missed a lot of them in both losses.

What are you saying? Rose was straight up lying about even seeing KD practice? THAT seems unlikely

Right. A bunch of people in here were questioning that. And we're just a bunch of idiots on a message board :lol:
He didn’t even finish the practice. Said he left pissed and limping..... “but how do you know??” :lol:

This is the Finals.... it ain’t some playoff series in the middle of May.
Uhh, you do realize that you probably wouldn’t get here if you approached the conference finals or 2nd round like some regular ol playoff series right? :lol: I don’t even know what that means

Uhh, you do realize that you probably wouldn’t get here if you approached the conference finals or 2nd round like some regular ol playoff series right? :lol: I don’t even know what that means

Obviously not, but there is no way to prepare mentally and emotionally for the Finals. That’s why experience is so crucial. GS knows how to control those two things, whereas Toronto is losing any edge they had.

Back
Top Bottom