• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SALT LAKE CITY -- Houston Rockets center Clint Capela, who had perhaps his worst performance of the season in the Rockets' 107-91 Game 4 loss to the Utah Jazz on Monday, told ESPN that he has been battling two respiratory illnesses during the series.

Capela, who missed a practice due to illness days before the series started, said he was diagnosed with adenovirus and a klebsiella infection during a Sunday visit to a Salt Lake City doctor, who prescribed medication and eye drops.

Capela, whose eyes were extremely bloodshot, was told it would be another four or five days before he would be fully recovered.

"It's tough, man," Capela told ESPN after being held to four points on 1-of-6 shooting and seven rebounds in the loss. "Especially when I try to breathe, it's hard. I'm just going to fight it the best that I can."

It was a season-worst scoring total for Capela, who averaged 16.6 points and 12.7 rebounds during the regular season. He grabbed fewer than seven rebounds only twice this season.

The Rockets were outscored by 20 points in Capela's Game 4 minutes. It was his second worst plus-minus of the season behind a minus-22 in a Dec. 6 loss in Utah.

Last edited:
EB82F184-8E9B-4666-80B2-3EA3A46DF51F.jpeg

My bracket has houston in 5 anyway but we still should’ve closed out last night. Rockets will get it done tomorrow night. Cost me a few dollars tho :smh:

BOLD Predictions on ESPN:

Bontemps: That Golden State beats Houston in five games in the Western Conference semifinals. For all of the growing belief that the Rockets can beat the Warriors in a series, I think that the Warriors -- if healthy -- will end that series more quickly than many would expect. And here's a bonus one: Toronto will win the East.

Goldsberry: The Larry O'Brien Trophy is moving East. Like Andre, I think the Warriors are vulnerable, but I also think whoever comes out of the East will take home the title.

Marks: A Joel Embiid flagrant foul will cost Philadelphia a chance at reaching the conference finals. After picking up flagrant fouls in Games 2 and 4, Embiid is two points shy of serving a one-game suspension.

Bontemps: That Golden State beats Houston in five games in the Western Conference semifinals. For all of the growing belief that the Rockets can beat the Warriors in a series, I think that the Warriors -- if healthy -- will end that series more quickly than many would expect. And here's a bonus one: Toronto will win the East.

Goldsberry: The Larry O'Brien Trophy is moving East. Like Andre, I think the Warriors are vulnerable, but I also think whoever comes out of the East will take home the title.
Bontemps one is bold but lowkey realistic

Goldsberry is legit bold, I can't see Boston winning it lol

Kept my word and didn’t watch the game, did the jazz really keep that harden strategy of defending behind him? I’m reading that they kept the same tactic

I'm going to cut Clint Capela some slack here, there was at least 2 or 3 lobs during that game where I thought to myself "thats a tough one to get"

James doesn't always give him alot to work with on a lob

Marks: A Joel Embiid flagrant foul will cost Philadelphia a chance at reaching the conference finals. After picking up flagrant fouls in Games 2 and 4, Embiid is two points shy of serving a one-game suspension.

Yeah those flagrants could **** us with Embiid. Ridiculous they even called that last one where Embiid got all ball a flagrant.

I also think there’s a verrrry high chance something breaks out between Ibaka/Lowry and Embiid/Jimmy/Ben/Mike Scott.

Yeah those flagrants could **** us with Embiid. Ridiculous they even called that last one where Embiid got all ball a flagrant.

I also think there’s a verrrry high chance something breaks out between Ibaka and Embiid/Jimmy/Ben/Mike Scott.

Ibaka been missing on that punch for years, Prayers to the first person who gets caught by one it may be lights out :lol:

Back
Top Bottom