• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'd bet russell doesnt put in work in the gym like he's supposed to. based on his thoughts on game tape, i bet he is one of those A.I. Tmac type dudes that just relies on his athleticism to carry him. Dude is nowhere near as good as he even was when he played with KD or his MVP year. His midrange/elbow pullup used to be so money it was automatic. and his MVP season, dude could hit from anywhere. His game has regressed in such a way, he plays like he has a brain tumor most nights. wide..wide...WIDE open layups and at the last second, make a contested pass to steven adams when he's not even in position.

No way he puts the time in during the summer on anything except his bench press and sprints.

Seen him working all summer on the jumper every day damn near at UCLA

I think it’s a mechanics issue personally. Technique is too rigid and two motion which works against a shooter when shooting, especially from 3

Then you factor in shot selection, and his shot being inconsistent (shoots on his way down sometimes, legs kick out at times)

I think its still impressive what Russ does, averaging a triple double, to be that engaged in every single game crazy. However they had a great team, should of at least took Portland to 6

Engaged in getting a triple double is different from being engaged in playing “winning basketball”

One thing that always annoyed me was when people say “Russ plays with more effort than anybody in the league”. They use that as a qualifier for his deficiencies. When I’m actuality, he only plays “hard” when he has the ball on offense...and recklessly on defense.

People are such prisoners of the moment. Yes Dame is amazing and I’d give up LeBron and every player and pick we have for the next 10 years to have him but what happens if he gets knocked out in 5 next round and then next year fails to make it past 2nd round again (like he has last few years)? Will you guys turn on him just like that? He won one series against a thunder team with playoff Russ at the drivers seat. Again, he’s great but there’s always a pendulum swing in rhetoric with things. Just last week the nuggets were horrible, now they might make it to the WCF. From busts to WCF in 4 days. Wow!
if the player gives everything and balls whenever they can, people dont turn on the player, they say the team trash and implore the ownership to get better talent or for the player to walk. Nobody says AD is trash. If dame balls next series and they lose, and if he balls next season and they miss the playoffs, dudes gonna be calling for CJ and Terry Stots heads, not Dame.

I don’t think Leonard will find a better fit during his prime than what he has now

Perfect compliments up and down the roster. Clear pecking order. Offensive and defensive balance and versatility and shooting. Seemingly forward thinking coach. No egos anywhere outside of Lowry but he knows his role

The weakest link long term would be lowrys exit from his prime

I wouldn't want to put my eggs in the aging Lowry/Gasol basket but I agree they are perfect fit. Siakam is real nice but I don't know if he will be an elite second option.

Dame gotta ride this moment.............

Denver in 6 this series, then Denver in 7 next series. In 6 if Kanter is still hurt.

I think it’s a mechanics issue personally. Technique is too rigid and two motion which works against a shooter when shooting, especially from 3

Then you factor in shot selection, and his shot being inconsistent (shoots on his way down sometimes, legs kick out at times)

This is why I preach "Smart Work, Not Hard Work". ****** will get in the gym and be workout warriors...working on the wrong ****. Bammas gettin up 500 jumpers a day...with the wrong technique. Dudes need to realize cognitive training is a thing also. Learn how to THINK the game.

This is why I preach "Smart Work, Not Hard Work". *****s will get in the gym and be workout warriors...working on the wrong ****. Bammas gettin up 500 jumpers a day...with the wrong technique. Dudes need to realize cognitive training is a thing also. Learn how to THINK the game.

It’s not always about getting in the gym and leaving dog tired either.

I don’t think Leonard will find a better fit during his prime than what he has now

Perfect compliments up and down the roster. Clear pecking order. Offensive and defensive balance and versatility and shooting. Seemingly forward thinking coach. No egos anywhere outside of Lowry but he knows his role

The weakest link long term would be lowrys exit from his prime
Looks at Gasol, Ibaka, and Green getting up there in age

Glad its only Russ slander in here today. cuz PG slander will not be tolerated at all. Even tho he sounded like a jaded lover with that "it was a bad shot" comment.

Kudos to the person that mentioned Russ midrange game just falling off a cliff compared to couple years ago, OKC gotta do some soul searching this summer and figure out their next step.

It’s not always about getting the gym and leaving dog tired either.

I really think that's why players are so injury prone these days. You got kids tearing their ACL's in the 11th grade. Kids are playing TOO much basketball because the old school idea of work ethic is just "balls to the wall, first man in the gym, last one to leave".

I don't even really bother commenting on Russel Westbrook because he pretty much embodies everything I despise about certain types of people.

The fake tough, pretending to work hard so that you look good but your behavior actually damages the people around you is easily one of the more annoying personality types in life.

Russel Westbrook out here playing mediocre to bad defense for his entire career but hiding behind scowls and flexing to trick people into thinking he's not hurtting his team.

He's unbelievably selfish and I don't understand stand how OKC has let him destroy their franchise.

But different strokes for different folks.

Dame gotta ride this moment.............

Denver in 6 this series, then Denver in 7 next series. In 6 if Kanter is still hurt.
Yeah it was already a favorable match up IF Denver moves on but if Kanter is still banged up Jokic/Millsap are gonna fest inside.

I wouldn't want to put my eggs in the aging Lowry/Gasol basket but I agree they are perfect fit. Siakam is real nice but I don't know if he will be an elite second option.

Looks at Gasol, Ibaka, and Green getting up there in age
I believe siakam can be a legit #2 if you keep a deep team around them. He’s older but that’s ok, that’s actually a benefit to keep Leonard around. The versatility of that duo on both ends are off the charts

You can retool around Leonard and siakam. I don’t think it’s so easy to microwave a legit contender

With the salary cap and egos and finding the right mix of role players and personal motivations 1-15 and on top of that have a cutting edge coach, gm and culture

Leonard has all of that

This is why I preach "Smart Work, Not Hard Work". *****s will get in the gym and be workout warriors...working on the wrong ****. Bammas gettin up 500 jumpers a day...with the wrong technique. Dudes need to realize cognitive training is a thing also. Learn how to THINK the game.

Bingo

45 minutes of smart work > 1.5 hrs of useless training that leaves you drenched in sweat but not an ounce better

Prime example is Blake Griffin

He’s the actual example of someone who didn’t just work hard, but completely reconstructed his shot

He had a two motion shot in which he released it on the way down and has completely revamped his shot to being a fluid one motion release

That’s what I think Russell would need to do but he’s extremely hard headed and Blake’s the exception

And this is where we gotta really relax & humble ourselves, say wateva you want about Russ deficiencies in his game compared to the other ELITE PLAYERS IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME, but now ya'll telling a MVP caliber player, multiple time All Star, Guaranteed HOF'er.... how to train & what he should be practicing :lol::lol:

****** be in here talking like they Pat Riley in the flesh, imagine telling someone who reached historical heights in their profession that their method of training is wasting time :rofl:

I believe siakam can be a legit #2 if you keep a deep team around them. He’s older but that’s ok, that’s actually a benefit to keep Leonard around. The versatility of that duo on both ends are off the charts

You can retool around Leonard and siakam. I don’t think it’s so easy to microwave a legit contender

With the salary cap and egos and finding the right mix of role players and personal motivations 1-15 and on top of that have a cutting edge coach, gm and culture

Leonard has all of that
Siakam isnt the issue, its the other guys. FVV, OG, Powell and nice young pieces but thats about it. Gonna need more especially a big to battle with Embiid

Russ plays like he practices in a hoodie.

Back
Top Bottom