• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kawhi is freakishly strong. he rarely gets affected by bumps while driving the lane
he's like prime bron when going downhill

In my eyes, thats what CP3 did when folded like a lawn chair trying to sell the contact. Harden on that last shot had his momentum going forward when he started the shot and unfortunately for the defender he is allowed any space in front of him until his feet hit the ground.

BTW I'm not trying to cape for Harden here! I have been in this thread throughout the season calling out James when he exaggerates contact by contorting his body in air or falls back after landing and gets the call. But if you go back and watch the missed calls from tonights game, he was actually having his landing space completely taken away.

These are fouls, any way you shake it. :lol: Harden definitely over sells stuff, flops and flails at times, but you have to call fouls when a player is fouled. Point blank.

Conversely, I would not want to rely on the refs calling fouls on step back 3s in the playoffs against the Warriors as a strategy for me to win against them.

Can't decide if the Rockets should feel good about this game or not. They didn't play particularly well and still had a shot, but Klay and Steph weren't that good yesterday either.

Back to basketball tho, i'm glad Kerr Came out the gate with Iggy yesterday. They really forced Harden to work much harder getting the switch on Curry. I never understood why they just sacrificed it so easily before.

If i'm the Warriors i gotta feel good coming into gm 2. If there was a game to steal at Oracle this was it, and it almost happened. Steph/Klay completely off, nothing from the bench & ridiculous TO after TO. All things that can be fixed.

Granted Hou missed a lot of shots, but CP3 & Gordon played great (especially the second half). Harden has proven over & over against this team that this performance he had yesterday is more so the mean than an outlier. The only thing that i think will vastly improve with Hou is probably Capella not being Horrid & maybe one of House/Tucker shooting better.

But if we take both teams and what they can improve on going forward i gotta think GS has more to gain.

kawhi is freakishly strong. he rarely gets affected by bumps while driving the lane
he's like prime bron when going downhill
It shows when he plays with his back to the basket too. Earlier this year, when he was playing the Celtics, he caught the ball on the block and basically backed Marcus Morris, who I'd say is pretty strong himself, right under the basket and got an easy layup. I was completely caught off guard by that.

There's really nothing he can't do. We haven't seen him in a couple years, and he's definitely reminding folks of the kind of level he has the ability to reach in the playoffs.

It shows when he plays with his back to the basket too. Earlier this year, when he was playing the Celtics, he caught the ball on the block and basically backed Marcus Morris, who I'd say is pretty strong himself, right under the basket and got an easy layup. I was completely caught off guard by that.

There's really nothing he can't do. We haven't seen him in a couple years, and he's definitely reminding folks of the kind of level he has the ability to reach in the playoffs.

he was doing that in the finals vs bron
if they post him and teams do not double, he will get whatever he wants and that's usually a high pct shot

Steve Kerr getting annoying with his little MJ references during his post game pressers.

"I played with this guy Michael."

tenor.png

These are fouls, any way you shake it. :lol: Harden definitely over sells stuff, flops and flails at times, but you have to call fouls when a player is fouled. Point blank.

Conversely, I would not want to rely on the refs calling fouls on step back 3s in the playoffs against the Warriors as a strategy for me to win against them.

Can't decide if the Rockets should feel good about this game or not. They didn't play particularly well and still had a shot, but Klay and Steph weren't that good yesterday either.
Think it is mainly reputation based. Cousins gets T'd up for stuff 250 other players in the league can do and not get called. Harden has cried wolf too many times. Playoffs should be about heart, not guile. Always been that way. I think if he just drove and sought contact he'd get most of those whistled for him. Really can't reward someone for flopping on a stepback three though.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what to expect from this Den Vs Por Series going forward. Both teams are pretty evenly matched talent wise (Kanter is actually gonna be pretty useful in this series also). another one that should easily go 6-7.

I think most importantly they need to call stuff both ways. You can't have a player do a rip through and get the call then have a no-call on the other end. I get refs are human, but if you're doing a terrible job make sure it cuts both ways or there looks to be a ref bias. I can't remember who it was, but a Rocket didn't let a Warrior land on the jumpshot and got called for it even with his feet kicked out. Steph does that stuff all the time where he shoots and kicks out, landing on his ***... He does get bumped as well, but it's the same play as when Draymond jumped forward to stop Harden. No call on that end though, obviously. Harden gets whatever he wants, except against Golden State. That's the NBA ref rule.

I have no idea what to expect from this Den Vs Por Series going forward. Both teams are pretty evenly matched talent wise (Kanter is actually gonna be pretty useful in this series also). another one that should easily go 6-7.

Defensively or offensively?

Defensively or offensively?

Both Honestly Offensively he's always been able to get 15-20 on a pretty good efficiency. defensively it's shaky because Denver spreads the floor out a bit, but i'm just not worried about Jamal Murray cooking him on the pick & roll constantly. he should be atleast average on that end

I think the blazers are basically a souped up version of the Spurs. Dame aint getting clamped up by Harris like Derrick white was

Been calling him Kawhichael Jordan for 3 years now for a reason.

Gimmie him over anyone not named Bron. MJ still in my top 10 tho

I'll never forget that story you told about Kawhi in 11th grade. Coming off a disappointing B- on his algebra midterm, he put up 32 second half points to lead his team. Said you've never seen someone that focused since Mike in '96.

Followed his career ever since then & look at him now.

I think most importantly they need to call stuff both ways. You can't have a player do a rip through and get the call then have a no-call on the other end. I get refs are human, but if you're doing a terrible job make sure it cuts both ways or there looks to be a ref bias. I can't remember who it was, but a Rocket didn't let a Warrior land on the jumpshot and got called for it even with his feet kicked out. Steph does that stuff all the time where he shoots and kicks out, landing on his ***... He does get bumped as well, but it's the same play as when Draymond jumped forward to stop Harden. No call on that end though, obviously. Harden gets whatever he wants, except against Golden State. That's the NBA ref rule.
If we are talking about the same play with Draymond, he had the same right to that space as Harden. Harden owns the space where his feet left the ground, not the space 3 ft in front of it. Draymond's momentum carried him like a foot forward as he contested. Harden stepped back, raised up to shoot, and then pulled up the landing gear so he could stretch his feet out 3ft toward the defender who position already. That is not a basketball play and should not be rewarded.

Unless you are talking about another play.

I'll never forget that story you told about Kawhi in 11th grade. Coming off a disappointing B- on his algebra midterm, he put up 32 second half points to lead his team. Said you've never seen someone that focused since Mike in '96.

Followed his career ever since then & look at him now.

Actually, I think I’ve told this story before but I was messing with the daughter of a Spurs scout back in the day. Her dad was responsible for scouting Kawhi and he was the one who advised trading for him.

#TrueStory

Back
Top Bottom