• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would he give his ring to Hinkie? Dude didn't do **** outside of draft Embiid and stockpile assets that ended up being meh.

Embiid loves Hinkie. Credits him for helping him so much for the beginning of his career and everything he went through.

Legit named his own dog after Hinkie :lol:

There are teams w/two max slots that are trying to put together championship teams this summer

The Warriors are winning chips w/essentially 3 max level guys on their team.

The heat won chips with essentially 3 max level guys.

I can't fathom then, why Hinkie jugging the system is such a bad thing. As long as KD is in golden state and as long as teams are building in this manner, the closest thing to a surefire way of championship team building is having elite cost efficient talent for 7, 8 years.

Sometimes genius lies in its simplicity, so while Hinkie ain't a genius for simply jugging the system...maybe he is for doing just that. The process didn't work fully and they still ended up with Embiid, Simmons, and Butler and Harris who in a roundabout way are products of the process.

Like I said everybody tanks. But everybody doesn't break the record for consecutive losses in back to back years and get their backs blown out every nite. It's not just an opinion, it's the reason the NBA had to step in. Your rebuild doesn't have to be that ugly. Now rebuilding teams won't have the same odds to get top picks because of the way he exploited the rules to such an extreme. He broke the system when he didn't have to take it that far to get the same results. It was overkill

Everybody: we should probably tank and put ourselves in good position for the draft

Hinkie: why don't we try to go 0-82 and lose every game by 20 points?

That's not a genius to me. That's a damn idiot :lol:. IMHO

Reactions: HIM
If you think that potentially using a war that people died in is an appropriate means of trash talk then idk....

You’re assuming a lot there. Unless I missed where his intention was established. Let me know how this is trash talk when it’s actually real life for him.

Do you know about the Bosnian genocide? I remember it. I remember meeting people who escaped at that time and made it to America.

It wasn’t a war it was ethnic cleansing. But keep politics out of sports that’s like the maga tagline

ECDB2722-552D-466C-BC3A-8BEC5DBCAEB9.png
Hmmm
bet, give us joker and jamal and he's yours.

You’re assuming a lot there. Unless I missed where his intention was established. Let me know how this is trash talk when it’s actually real life for him.

Do you know about the Bosnian genocide? I remember it. I remember meeting people who escaped at that time and made it to America.

It wasn’t a war it was ethnic cleansing. But keep politics out of sports that’s like the maga tagline

I get all of this. I get honoring your people. I don’t get if this a slight on Jokic as if he was responsible as both were babies during the war. Maybe he’s said something in the past. I don’t know. It’s interesting to say the least. Hopefully these dudes peace it up

I get all of this. I get honoring your people. I don’t get if this a slight on Jokic as if he was responsible as both were babies during the war. Maybe he’s said something in the past. I don’t know. It’s interesting to say the least. Hopefully these dudes peace it up

If that’s what his intention was. If that’s what Nurkic said he was trying to say... I’m with everyone who says that’s wack. There’s no honor in doing that.

I didn’t see it that way, I just read a lot of assumptions on what he was doing.

Kings haven't made the playoffs since 2005-06.
Suns have lost 58+ games the past four years.

What difference does it make if you're bad or historically bad? The best path to get good players is high lottery picks and Hinkie recognized that.

In theory yes that sounds amazing... in reality the only team that built a contender through doing that in modern history are the OKC Thunder who just happened to draft THREE MVP's on one team. We have much more proof that overloading on picks and throwing a bunch of young high ceiling guys on one team usually doesn't result in anything near a championship. Sixers had a bunch of Picks three of their high lottery picks are literally scratching to stay on an NBA roster

In theory yes that sounds amazing... in reality the only team that built a contender through doing that in modern history are the OKC Thunder who just happened to draft THREE MVP's on one team. We have much more proof that overloading on picks and throwing a bunch of young high ceiling guys on one team usually doesn't result in anything near a championship. Sixers had a bunch of Picks three of their high lottery picks are literally scratching to stay on an NBA roster

But two of them are All NBA'ers and All Stars by 25 That's entirely the point.

The draft is an inexact science, but by spamming it you increase your chances of drafting one of those All NBA 1st team guys.

Philly did the right thing. Don't really see how you can debate against it after seeing what OKC (before trading Harden) and GSW were able to assemble through the draft.

They obviously missed on some players, which prolonged "the process", but it was the right idea. They got 2 really, really good players. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure they fit together.

Back
Top Bottom