Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't get what makes him a genius :lol:
It’s not really being a genius. It’s being bold enough to break the system without giving af

The goal was to get enough good players and assets to compete for multiple years. Yes Silver got upset and forced him out and Colangelo ****** it up but the goal still remained the same

At the end of the day
witness-1.jpg

I’m thinking winner of Raptors/Sixers are going to the Finals

Thinking the exact opposite, Sixers & Raps over-extended themselves in a 7 gm series while Bucks rest up losing only 1 gm these playoffs.

Even as a day 1 Raps fan, thought if they didn't close it out last night then even if they moved on Bucks were gonna bounce em (hope I'm wrong about this of course)

I really don't get what makes him a genius :lol:

be sooo bad, that you end up with top picks. phx is trying it, but they aren't having too much luck and ended up giving booker a big contract
hinkie didn't really tie up money and was willing to go full tank mode

Kings haven't made the playoffs since 2005-06.
Suns have lost 58+ games the past four years.

What difference does it make if you're bad or historically bad? The best path to get good players is high lottery picks and Hinkie recognized that.

Hinkie recognized that and people act like he invented the wheel when tanking has always existed. He took it to such an extreme that the NBA had to intervene and get rid of him as well as change the tanking rule. So it's not just people like me saying it's dumb, it was bad for business because of the way he went about it

The thing with the Kings and Suns is that they are trying to win while being bad. The owners for both teams don’t want to accept the tank

It’s not really being a genius. It’s being bold enough to break the system without giving af

The goal was to get enough good players and assets to compete for multiple years. Yes Silver got upset and forced him out and Colangelo ****ed it up but the goal still remained the same

At the end of the day
witness-1.jpg

That approach is what got him outta there. Everybody tanks but he went full you know what. You don't go full you know what, everybody knew that but him and he thought he was smart. But how did colangelo screw up?

Nah fam... This is wild. The NBA gotta stop this one

Don’t know what to make of this. I saw this earlier, and it had some context to it about those guys being “heroes” and May 9th being a holiday to commemorate those soldiers or whatever.

There was also this.

Also, y’all remember when Dragic & Vuacic was beefin, on some country ****?

There are teams w/two max slots that are trying to put together championship teams this summer

The Warriors are winning chips w/essentially 3 max level guys on their team.

The heat won chips with essentially 3 max level guys.

I can't fathom then, why Hinkie jugging the system is such a bad thing. As long as KD is in golden state and as long as teams are building in this manner, the closest thing to a surefire way of championship team building is having elite cost efficient talent for 7, 8 years.

Sometimes genius lies in its simplicity, so while Hinkie ain't a genius for simply jugging the system...maybe he is for doing just that. The process didn't work fully and they still ended up with Embiid, Simmons, and Butler and Harris who in a roundabout way are products of the process.

That approach is what got him outta there. Everybody tanks but he went full you know what. You don't go full you know what, everybody knew that but him and he thought he was smart. But how did colangelo screw up?
The fake 1st from Noel. Giving up a 2nd to get rid of Jah. Passing on Siakam and a few others for TLC/Kork (hindsight is 20/20 tho). Selling the pick that led to Sterling Brown. Giving Jared Bayless 3/30 etc made moves that got the team from ****** to mediocre to make the league happy

From what we know about Hinkie, he would’ve flipped Jah/Noel before the league found out how bad they were

Don’t know what to make of this. I saw this earlier, and it had some context to it about those guys being “heroes” and May 9th being a holiday to commemorate those soldiers or whatever.

There was also this.

I hope that's the case. I'm not the most educated on that but from what I know of this war and it's origins that shirt was directed at Jokic and that's just too much

Broadly speaking he's allowed to speak his piece his people were the ones wronged. But if the intent behind it was to throw Jokic off I'm not rolling

not sure if directed at jokic or how friendly they were when they were teammates
maybe it was direct to the serbian viewers that were tuning in
jokic had some positive words for nurkic during his press conference

The fake 1st from Noel. Giving up a 2nd to get rid of Jah. Passing on Siakam and a few others for TLC/Kork (hindsight is 20/20 tho). Selling the pick that led to Sterling Brown. Giving Jared Bayless 3/30 etc made moves that got the team from ****ty to mediocre to make the league happy

From what we know about Hinkie, he would’ve flipped Jah/Noel before the league found out how bad they were

I think by that point his rep was tarnished and teams were reluctant to deal with him. And nerlens was starting to get a bad rep so he wasn't that easy to trade. Hinkie made some trash picks himself so no guarantee he would've nailed those picks. And wasn't he still advising the team for a while after he got axed?

There was also this.

dragic and sasha had battles when both were on national team. think it had more to do with who was top dog and goran was coming up with a lot of shine

I hope that's the case. I'm not the most educated on that but from what I know of this war and it's origins that shirt was directed at Jokic and that's just too much

Broadly speaking he's allowed to speak his piece his people were the ones wronged. But if the intent behind it was to throw Jokic off I'm not rolling

Think it could be both honestly. Very, very crazy set of coincidences.

2 players from opposing countries with bad blood... get drafted at the same position to the same team.

It becomes clear they are both talented...but one more talented than the other. One gets traded to a conference rival to make way for the other to blossom.

Years later, They meet in the playoffs on May 9th. A day meant for commemorating Bosnian war heroes. And also a potential closeout game.

NBA storylines could be a movie.

Back
Top Bottom