• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rockets analytics team is really on some next level ****. How do you calculate all that? :lol: at least we got proof.

Still shouldn't have missed 27 straight 3s though.
:lol: these guys.
"As we told the Rockets, we do not agree with their methodology," Mike Bass, an NBA spokesman, told ESPN on Monday.
Trying to change the narrative on why they didn't go to the finals. You literally couldn't make a 3.

Edit:
The league cited Harden's attempted block as a potential infraction -- a possible foul, but one the league could not say conclusively was a foul even upon review, according to Houston's analysis. Houston concluded that the non-call cost them two points. Had the officials called the foul on Harden, Looney would have gone to the line for two shots. He is a 61 percent career free throw shooter; Houston attached an expected value of one point to a Looney two-shot trip to the line. But the foul was not called, and Durant hit a 3-pointer -- two more points than the Warriors would have been expected to score, under Houston's accounting, had the officials whistled Harden.

These dudes really want it both ways. They're mad a foul WASN'T called on them because the result of a non-call that in the moment favored them, went away from them because KD hit a 3. Good god.

I'm heading to the Toronto/ Sixers game tonight and even though I'm excited to watch it. I don't expect to win tonight. Too many things we need to change in order to compete and that's on Brown.
  • Have Simmons guard KL full time. He's best equipped (physically) to guard him as Kawhi ate Butler and Harris alive.
    • Have Butler guard Lowry
    • I'd rather Embiid guard Siakim and Harris guard Gasol. Siakim torched Harris in the post and Gasol is more of a perimiter offensive player at this stage. This will allow Embiid to help more on defence as Siakim is less of a threat from the 3 than Gasol.
  • Force Kawhi to guard the off-ball person.
    • I remember a couple of years back, Kawhi was so good defensively that the person he was guarding would try to take KL out of the defensive scheme by literally taking himself out of the offence
  • Have Jimmy be the primary ball handler and Simmons the secondary. This needs to happen, Tor knows how to guard PG Simmons and made his game extremely predictable. Having Simmons as the roller/ dunker opens up multiple scoring avenues for himself and gets Jimmy the ball in his hands much more. they can exploit whoever ends up with Lowry when the other end up with KL (I know, Lowry is an excellent defender, even at the post, but it's picking your poison at this stage)
  • Our bench is still trash, especially without Mike Scott. Someone will need to step it up, and maybe also put some faith in Smith (doubtful it will happen but we might resort to that)
I pray that Embiid plays tonight, this series will have a lot of growing pains for Philly (kind of where Toronto was 4 years ago), I just want to see improvement and to keep it close and execute our sets well until the very end.

You’re correct about all these things. Embiid on Siakam and Tobias on Marc is definitely the way to go. Ben on Kawhi especially needs to happen.

Wait, what

The Houston Rockets believe officiating in last season's Western Conference finals cost them an NBA championship, and in a report since sent to the league, tabulated the net result of 81 potential missed calls and non-calls in Game 7 of that series

"Referees likely changed the eventual NBA champion," says the memo, addressed to Byron Spruell, the NBA's president of league operations. "There can be no worse result for the NBA."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26634745/rockets-audited-18-game-7-say-finals-bid-taken

@Peep Game wasn’t gon let up!

20190429_152544.jpg

giphy (57).gif

Wait, what

The Houston Rockets believe officiating in last season's Western Conference finals cost them an NBA championship, and in a report since sent to the league, tabulated the net result of 81 potential missed calls and non-calls in Game 7 of that series

"Referees likely changed the eventual NBA champion," says the memo, addressed to Byron Spruell, the NBA's president of league operations. "There can be no worse result for the NBA."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26634745/rockets-audited-18-game-7-say-finals-bid-taken
I am always of the belief, the more you cry about the refs, the fewer calls that will come your way.

I get advocating for your players and presenting hard data might appear to be the professional way to go about it, but I just hear excuses at the end of the day.

The Rockets lost to the Warriors, point blank.

The Rockets could have played better. Point blank

Wait, what

So...they assume they would win the NBA championship instead of saying that it cost them a trip to the NBA finals?

I am always of the belief, the more you cry about the refs, the fewer calls that will come your way.

I get advocating for your players and presenting hard data might appear to be the professional way to go about it, but I just hear excuses at the end of the day.

The Rockets lost to the Warriors, point blank.

The Rockets could have played better. Point blank
They went 0 for 27 from 3. I don’t want to hear nothing from the rockets about last year.

All this nonsense takes away from them even more (good) and is a loser mentality. You lost game 1, already complaining and bringing up stuff from the prior year? Guess they're really trying for a competitive advantage of sorts while hedging the excuses for when they come up short (again).

Fact of the matter is - it's easy to look at everything in isolation and say "if this, then that" when in actuality, you take one non-call/wrong call in the last two minutes to gauge an impact when the rest of the game could have changed in either direction, period.

In the WCF last year, the Rockets won Game 3 by 3 and Game 5 by 4. I suspect that, if they were lame enough, the Warriors video staff also could go over those games and identify a bunch of call that arguably swung the games in the Rockets favor. That’s why the whole thing is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom