• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This series could have just as easily been a sweep, Raptors were just the better team sans KD. He was the only hope for the Dubs to win and he wasn't ready.
This simply isn't true tho. While of course Kevin would've made this far and beyond easier, warriors didn't lose because of lack of skill. It was lack of health. Can't say definitively that Toronto is the better team, just the healthier team.

It’s actually hilarious because I remember being in school in the mid 90s and people were saying the Rockets 1994 title wasn’t as legitimate because they never had to face MJ and the Bulls due to MJ’s retirement. I feel like nobody holds that against them now but back then people were saying that they didn’t have to face prime MJ for a title. In 1995 it was different because they got back there and the MJ-Bulls were eliminated early by the Shaq-Penny Magic.
Ya, also the Lakers during the 80s.

As much as this GSW team has rubbed me up the wrong way over the last couple of years it’s actually quite sad to see them go out like this especially Klay. Having said that I think this series has seriously exposed Stephs intangibles.

All I know is whether Kawhi stays or leaves, that GM is a Hall of Famer now. Dude fired the coach of the year and made a trade that everyone said was dumb/pointless for a guy they thought would never play a game in Toronto, and won a championship off of it. That’s some guts, foresight, and overall genius talent evaluation of your assets. I can’t wait for the 30 for 30 on this story years down the road.

All I know is whether Kawhi stays or leaves, that GM is a Hall of Famer now. Dude fired the coach of the year and made a trade that everyone said was dumb/pointless for a guy they thought would never play a game in Toronto, and won a championship off of it. That’s some guts, foresight, and overall genius talent evaluation of your assets. I can’t wait for the 30 for 30 on this story years down the road.
Big Balls Masai

Wizards trying to give him 10 mil a year and equity in the team

This simply isn't true tho. While of course Kevin would've made this far and beyond easier, warriors didn't lose because of lack of skill. It was lack of health. Can't say definitively that Toronto is the better team, just the healthier team.

TOR won 16 of 24 quarters, tied 2 more. Warriors lost all 3 home games. Had some really fluky things happen to even win 2 games. Anybody that watched would agree that sans KD even with Klay, the Raptors were a better team. Outside of that 18-0 run GS controlled none of this series. TOR were better defensively and offensively, more guys consistently contributed. Total team effort.

Last edited:
Congrats to @osh kosh bosh, QU!K QU!K , @ahat20 & the other Toronto Raptors supporters. Don't let anyone belittle this first-ever championship or moment. Same haters that claim GSW had an easy path to the Finals now chirp nonsensically about the Raps being gifted a title due to injuries. Pay them no mind, my NT brethren. Injuries are forever a part of sports, as unfortunate as that reality is. Toronto don't control KD rupturing his Achilles or Klay tearing his ACL, but they do control winning every single road game at Oracle. Kyle Lowry effectively shut up every single naysayer on this forum. FVV hit big shot after big shot. That boy got the clutch gene. Trey from the left wing with Steph all up in his grill. They tried to call Siakam a fluke. **** with that. Man's only gonna get better as he expands his range and consistency with the three-point shot.

Dray did some things down the stretch that made no sense to me. Looking for a bail-out foul call while going 1 v. 2 on the break. Lowry didn't foul him there, the refs got it right. Turnover pass, although Cook didn't give him the best passing angle when Dray got doubled around the FT line. Risking the steal on Siakam when he didn't have to gamble so recklessly.

@BIG LEEMELONE & @HOU$TON, check your PayPal. A Lannister always pays his debts, in a timely manner. Y'all and @youngwolf were spot-on about this series from jump. I read it wrong the whole way and actually doubled down before G5 because I didn't see much value in hedging, instead plugging Dubs in 7 hoping KD would inspire the troops. NT all fun and games but I hope everyone can keep their word about bets made, no matter the dollar amount. Maybe I'm built different but I ain't breaking my word or my balls for anybody. Hasta la muerte.

TOR won 16 of 24 quarters, tied 2 more. Warriors lost all 3 home games. Had some really fluky things happen to even win 2 games. Anybody that watched would agree that sans KD even with Klay, the Raptors were a better team. Outside of that 18-0 run GS controlled none of this series. TOR were better defensively and offensively, more guys consistently contributed. Total team effort.
While all of that is true. They still could've lost. They didn't. But what beat gsw mostly was their own health problems.

The real 30 for 30 is the story between the Spurs and Kawhi, not Masai and his decisions. He took a risk and it paid off.

elpablo21 elpablo21 , the LQ finna flow at the Seattle summit the way the champs is goin' down in the Raps locker room. I'm thirstier than Ayesha, rollin' up with all the Oban. We gonna come as close to death as Jon Snow with the Night's Watch. What is dead may never die, my G.

Warriors so trash
Letting everyone know
Klay injured his Achilles
Hoping it forces other teams not to take the chance
So that he stays

Congrats to the Raptors fans in here. Didn't think you guys would win but you guys got the job done. Hope you guys are able to keep Kawhi next season. Maybe the Maple Leafs are next :nerd::pimp:

elpablo21 elpablo21 , the LQ finna flow at the Seattle summit the way the champs is goin' down in the Raps locker room. I'm thirstier than Ayesha, rollin' up with all the Oban. We gonna come as close to death as Jon Snow with the Night's Watch. What is dead may never die, my G.
You already know

bruh
giphy (5).gif

Will have the Henny on chill for @DeadsetAce

Back
Top Bottom