NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

For you guys that have Bron already in your top 5....at this point.....id like to see you're arguments as to why you have him ranked above guys like Shaq, Kobe and Duncan.

:nerd:

because his peak was higher than Duncan's and was more consistent than Shaq.

Kobe...I don't argue about Kobe in public anymore, but I'll just say I think Lebron is significantly better.

For you guys that have Bron already in your top 5....at this point.....id like to see you're arguments as to why you have him ranked above guys like Shaq, Kobe and Duncan.

:nerd:
Eye test and statistics he's flat out better than Kobe

Duncan for all his consistency was never close to the dominance of prime LeBron Duncan was never the undisputed best player in the league same goes for Kobe

Shaq was not always engaged mentally and seemed like a terrible leader they have the same peak performance in my opinion and it would seem easier to build around LeBron

nerd.gif

Duncan for all his consistency was never close to the dominance of prime LeBron Duncan was never the undisputed best player in the league same goes for Kobe

Shaq was not always engaged mentally and seemed like a terrible leader they have the same peak performance in my opinion and it would seem easier to build around LeBron
This.

Has Lebron shown he can effectively play all 5 positions? I've seen this said many times but has it happened on any sort of consistent basis? Was curious

Has Lebron shown he can effectively play all 5 positions? I've seen this said many times but has it happened on any sort of consistent basis? Was curious
Effectively I think he's shown he can play the 1 and the 3.  He can run a team offensively and in Miami he would guard Derrick Rose in the 4th, and at times when he wanted to, would guard Steph. He doesn't shoot well enough to play the 2 but can lock down a 2.  He doesn't have a good enough post game (it has improved though) to play the 4 and doesn't have a consistent j to do the pick and pop, but again I've seen him body a 4 on the defensive end.  He doesn't really play the 5 but in international play I've seen it.  I don't think he plays all 5 positions effectively but I think you can get away with it....meaning if he's a 3 or a 4 and switches to a 1 on the defensive end on a pick and roll for example and is now guarding Russ or Steph, it's not so much a mismatch on his end.  

Offensively, Bron can play any position he wants, effectively. Full time.

Defensively, he can guard the 3 (some 4s) full time, but I've heard people say he can "lock up" any position for a game...and that's not true. He can "lock up" for spurts, but he's not Jordan/Pippen defensively out here

I agree he can et away with it and probably even do ok for a game or two. But that 5 position line is thrown out like he easily play center all the time and be an all star. It confuses me when I see it

I agree he can et away with it and probably even do ok for a game or two. But that 5 position line is thrown out like he easily play center all the time and be an all star. It confuses me when I see it
Lol. He might be able to play the 5 now since there's really no team that uses it for a majority of the game.  

LeBron would be an all star at any position

The he can't play the 1-5 he can just play

CP loves position discussions...what's your take?
I would have loved to have seen Lebron play the 1.  He's older now so playing the 3 is pretty set in stone but can you imagine if a team built around Lebron being a 1??  Your perimeter players would be all forwards lol.  Lebron at 6'8" 2** playing the 1, a 6'5''-6'6'' 2 guard and a 6'7''-6'9'' 3.  I know Magic was 6'9'' and it wouldn't be the first time we saw a point with that height but being 6'8'' and having that athleticism would be nasty.  

The he can't play the 1-5 he can just play

CP loves position discussions...what's your take?
When you play pickup do you say what position you are ?? Positions don't matter man teams just put out 5 players now regardless of position how many teams close out games with a player playing there traditional positive

When you play pickup do you say what position you are ?? Positions don't matter man teams just put out 5 players now regardless of position how many teams close out games with a player playing there traditional positive

Unfortunately my pick up games aren't very similar to NBA games. I'm impressed if yours are

And professionals still use positions. Hence the different lineups and why they don't just put their five best scorers out there

And your initial comment of positions don't matter anymore actually supports my statement that I don't like the 'Lebron can play all 5 spots' narrative. It's an illogical narrative if positions are irrelevant now

Last edited:
Unfortunately my pick up games aren't very similar to NBA games. I'm impressed if yours are

And professionals still use positions. Hence the different lineups and why they don't just put their five best scorers out there
I dunno when I play 5 guys just go out and hoop it's not like we can't play if we don't have a center

Yes I understand that but players have different roles and matchups are very different now more switching more side to side action more screens more pick and rolls versatility is so important take for example golden state they're gonna close the game with out a traditional center yet they have enough rim protection and rebounding to squeak by.
Cleaveland also used to close out the game like delly/Kyrie/jr/ Lebby/ love or Tristan anyway back to the topic

Exactly it's a dumb argument he can probably gaurd at least 10 stating centers tho
Capela
Pachuila
Noah
Etc

you think he can guard any of these guys full time and still put up those stats? ha.

have you ever played the post full time even recreationally? It takes a lot of energy to bang bodies, keep these guys off glass, etc. Not just about them scoring. Those cats are on the court for reasons other than scoring

I respectfully disagree.

Duncan was every bit as dominant as Bron. If not more. And more consistentThese are Duncan's stats and accolades from 97-07

22ppg 12rpg 3apg 2.5bpg
4 Championships
3 Finals MVPS
2 Back to Back MVPS

The only reason Duncan wasn't the "undisputed best player in his era"...is because he played with SHAQ..... Who you are making "assumptions" on his leadership ability.

When you look at the results and impact Duncan and Shaq had....its up there.

Them being big men....and not being flashy clouds some peoples judgment.

you think he can guard any of these guys full time and still put up those stats? ha.

have you ever played the post full time even recreationally? It takes a lot of energy to bang bodies, keep these guys off glass, etc. Not just about them scoring. Those cats are on the court for reasons other than scoring

Yes I know I but joakim Noah was being checked by Jared Dudley 2 years ago Houston without Dwight might be the worst rebounding team I haven't watched pachulia too much on Dallas but golden state wants their bigs to go back on d and not crash the boards unless your ezeli

Back
Top Bottom