NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

maybe the twolves trade is bigger than it seems,maybe they are getting amare for another team that cant get him.when the wolves get him then they will tradehim to another team for something else.but knowing the wolves management they arent that smart.

Originally Posted by CP1708

And every second longer they hold onto Nash or Shaq, their value decreases.

You know for a fact Ney York would give up a decent player or two for Nash. You know they would. D'Antoni would give a kidney to get his girlfriend back.
And I think someone would give away a bench guy for Hill for just a year or two. A playoff type team.

I don't know about Shaq. His value may be decent, but his demands may not be, he could be a difficult move.

I would love Nash in NY, I was a fan of the phoenix suns since D'Antoni was there as the coach so him + Nash = NY would just be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jeoma789

im sorry that this is irrelevant, but can someone explain Tay's struggling production towards the end of the season/playoffs? Is it just that he's not a go-to-guy and just needs excellent supporting players around him. There were many plays in that Cleveland series where he would go nowhere on the dribble and use his post-up as a safeguard. So essentially agree on the Gordon trigger b/c I think he needs that a good guard scorer to get him going.

Tayshaun Prince was playing hurt and never was a guy that the Pistons could/should go to.

He's better off as a third option type of weapon like Lamar Odom.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by Executive76

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/coach?id=81
Will Nuggets extend Karl's contract?
George Karl | Nuggets
Upgrade to Insider today to access Rumor Central
I hope not
tired.gif
same here. I'd like to see a more vibrant coach at the reigns. a guy that will get up and yell at officials, yell at his team, show some kind of heart in the game. game 6 of the WCF gk was leaning against the scorer's table sucking on mints all game like it was pre-season. I've pretty much had it with dude.

I also suspect (and hope) the Nuggets are quietly planning something. last year I remember people talking about the Nuggets planning something for summer 09. whatever happened with our 10 million dollar trade exception from the Camby trade? did we use that? did it disappear? did they get some kind of extension to use that beyond 1 year? can we do somethign with kenyon now that he's been playing decent and the end of his contract is at least on the horizon (2 more years I think)? can we package kleiza in a deal with martin to get a yonger PF or C and a draft pic or something? we also need a young backup PG to learn under Chauncey for a couple years. Nuggets have some work to do. people will expect a lot from them this comnig season. Nuggets fans have any speculation?

Even after getting rid of Camby/A.I. we're most likely gonna be over thetax limit for next season

BEFORE they even attempt to resign Anderson,Kleiza,Jones,Carter

We have a trade exception from Billups/A.I deal...If Kroenke opens up that check book a big move can bemade
nerd.gif

If not they're probably gonna sell their draft pick and trade the 1st round pick fromCharlotte
ohwell.gif

I agree young backup PG is needed
Kleiza needs to stays and get pt and nobody wants Kmart
Anderson needs to work on his on the ball defense

GOT DAMN it would be MORONIC to give up al jefferson for amare straight up.

nevermind adding a lottery selection.

the wolves should immediately be disbanded if that goes down.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

GOT DAMN it would be MORONIC to give up al jefferson for amare straight up.

nevermind adding a lottery selection.

the wolves should immediately be disbanded if that goes down.
[h2]http://mvn.com/wolveswatch/2009/06/kahn-confirms-jefferson-for-stoudemire-wont-happen.html[/h2]
[h2]Kahn confirms Jefferson for Stoudemire won't happen[/h2]Now that the Phoenix Suns are reportedly shopping F Amare Stoudemire, rumors have surfaced that had Al Jefferson and the Wolves sixth overall pick going to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire.

Thankfully, new GM and McHale-firing David Kahn has dispelled those rumors.

In Jerry Zgoda's Wolves blog, the Star Trib's beat writer is reporting that Kahn has contacted Big Al to assure the rising start that such a trade is nothing more than speculation. Zgoda writes that the rumor's origin was the blog of Marc Spears, a writer for the Boston Globe.

Link

Originally Posted by CasperJr

any news on deng being moved from the bulls
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I havent heard anything. But i have heard some rumors about us trading both of our firsts for the Nets first

[h3]Marky Maypo to the T-wolves?[/h3]
Several reports indicate that Mark Jackson (including from the NY Post's NBA columnist), the hot candidate for the Knicks'coaching job last summer until a professional coach became available, is one of the top, if not the lead candidate to replace Kevin McHale inMinnesota, where new GM David Kahn knew Jax from their days together in Indiana.

Well, good for M-Jax, who doesn't have a stick of coaching experience. In Minnesota, where Kahnhas admittedly embarked on a rebuilding program, Jackson could cut his coaching teeth with a team to which virtually no one will pay attention.

Which is more than those of us subjected to him the past couple years as a broadcaster can say about someone who'd, more often than not, state theobvious and fall back on cliche.

That doesn't make him a bad guy and doesn't suggest he'd make a bad coach. But if Kahn does hire him, maybe the ESPN/ABC folks can come up witha better listen.

As long as it's not Jalen Rose (why does he always smile like that, because he knows he's stealing money) or AveryJohnson (who's a hoot to hear talk with his Loo-siana accent, as long as you don't pay much attention to what little he says).

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by CasperJr

any news on deng being moved from the bulls
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I havent heard anything. But i have heard some rumors about us trading both of our firsts for the Nets first
Who do you think the Bulls would be looking at with #11 pick?

That would be a bold move, but I would prefer Bulls look to trade those picks along with a player to land us either a replacement for BG or a C that willcommand some double teams and give us some consistency in the middle.

I'm still crossing fingers for Shaq

[h2]Yao downplays rumors of Cavs' interest[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

BEIJING -- Rockets center Yao Ming has called a possible move to Cleveland an "unknown" amid rumors that the Cavaliers' new Chinese part owners want to sign him.

In a recent interview with his hometown Shanghai TV station, Yao said he continued to have "much affection" for the Houston Rockets, the team that took him in the first round of the 2002 draft and with whom he has played all six of his NBA seasons.
"
1722.jpg
I've already been with Houston for such a long time, I still have much affection for this team.
" -- Center Yao Ming

Yao has not won a championship, but said Houston's drive to the second-round of the playoffs this year had given him hope that the Rockets can contend next season.

Rumors of a possible move to Cleveland have swirled since a group of Chinese investors signed an agreement last month with the Cavaliers to become minority owners. The move is expected to boost the team's popularity and marketing opportunities in China, where Cleveland star LeBron James is very popular.

"This is all an unknown," Yao said in the interview, a transcript of which was posted online Friday.

"I've already been with Houston for such a long time, I still have much affection for this team," he said. "Moreover, this past season we were very successful, and that let me see some hope."

Cleveland has not publicly expressed interest in Yao, who has one guaranteed year left on his contract with Houston, including a player option for the 2010-11 season.

Yao broke his troublesome left foot in Game 3 of the second-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers, the eventual champions.

The lure of a championship remains strong and Yao conceded to feeling jealous of fellow China national team member Sun Yue, who played for the Lakers.

"There's a little bit of envy," Yao said. "If I didn't have feel even some jealousy, then I'm afraid that really would make me a little too much of a slacker."

Originally Posted by Proshares

[h2]Yao downplays rumors of Cavs' interest[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

http://
BEIJING -- Rockets center Yao Ming has called a possible move to Cleveland an "unknown" amid rumors that the Cavaliers' new Chinese part owners want to sign him.

In a recent interview with his hometown Shanghai TV station, Yao said he continued to have "much affection" for the Houston Rockets, the team that took him in the first round of the 2002 draft and with whom he has played all six of his NBA seasons.
"
1722.jpg
I've already been with Houston for such a long time, I still have much affection for this team.
" -- Center Yao Ming

Yao has not won a championship, but said Houston's drive to the second-round of the playoffs this year had given him hope that the Rockets can contend next season.

Rumors of a possible move to Cleveland have swirled since a group of Chinese investors signed an agreement last month with the Cavaliers to become minority owners. The move is expected to boost the team's popularity and marketing opportunities in China, where Cleveland star LeBron James is very popular.

"This is all an unknown," Yao said in the interview, a transcript of which was posted online Friday.

"I've already been with Houston for such a long time, I still have much affection for this team," he said. "Moreover, this past season we were very successful, and that let me see some hope."

Cleveland has not publicly expressed interest in Yao, who has one guaranteed year left on his contract with Houston, including a player option for the 2010-11 season.

Yao broke his troublesome left foot in Game 3 of the second-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers, the eventual champions.

The lure of a championship remains strong and Yao conceded to feeling jealous of fellow China national team member Sun Yue, who played for the Lakers.

"There's a little bit of envy," Yao said. "If I didn't have feel even some jealousy, then I'm afraid that really would make me a little too much of a slacker."

rofl. yao to cleveland? no way in hell. cleveland is a sorry %*@ excuse for a city and is not marketable, plain and simple. they're onlyrelevant cause of lebron obviously.

I just hope the Celtics aren't dumb enough to trade Rajon. Ray Allen could be on the block and I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom