NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Beasley for CP3

Straight up
pimp.gif
You cheap bastard
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

laugh.gif
at the Hornets even just for thinking about trading CP3.

They should just worry about getting rid of Peja's contract if they have financial issues.

With that said, get it done Dunleavy. Give up anyone on the team except for Griffin and Gordon.
laugh.gif
You wouldn't trade Griffin or Gordon (not both obviously) for Chris Paul? You must be out of your mind. I'd do that in a second, and Idon't care how good either of those guys are projected to be. CP3 is only like 24.

With that said, get it done Dunleavy. Give up anyone on the team except for Griffin and Gordon.
laugh.gif

I dont even know what to say about this... Even with The laughing smiley I cant tell if your joking or what..

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

laugh.gif

They should just worry about getting rid of Peja's contract if they have financial issues.

laugh.gif
You wouldn't trade Griffin or Gordon (not both obviously) for Chris Paul? You must be out of your mind. I'd do that in a second, and I don't care how good either of those guys are projected to be. CP3 is only like 24.
Exactly.

I'll give them Conley, Gay and next year's first round pick unprotected for CP3. I might even trade OJ and Conley for CP3. He's the perfect PG tobuild around. If he can make that Hornets team a playoff team single handedly, just imagine where he can take a team with young talent.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You wouldn't trade Griffin or Gordon (not both obviously) for Chris Paul? You must be out of your mind. I'd do that in a second, and I don't care how good either of those guys are projected to be. CP3 is only like 24.
Exactly.

I'll give them Conley, Gay and next year's first round pick unprotected for CP3. I might even trade OJ and Conley for CP3. He's the perfect PG to build around. If he can make that Hornets team a playoff team single handedly, just imagine where he can take a team with young talent.
KLJ would jump for joy that CP3 and Juice are on the same team but then kill himself due to Gay, Conley and Posey all being on the Hornets.

the only reason i remained a hornets fan after they moved was because they drafted cp3.....they get rid of him then i'm done w/ them 100%

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Hornets would have to be the DUMBEST franchise in the league if they dealt Chris Paul,

I don't think they are the dumbest so I don't see that happening

real talk. if they do that they might as well not be a NBA team. Franchise would get stoned

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly.

I'll give them Conley, Gay and next year's first round pick unprotected for CP3. I might even trade OJ and Conley for CP3. He's the perfect PG to build around. If he can make that Hornets team a playoff team single handedly, just imagine where he can take a team with young talent.
KLJ would jump for joy that CP3 and Juice are on the same team but then kill himself due to Gay, Conley and Posey all being on the Hornets.

KLJ isn't a Hornets fan though, he would be done with them and become a Memphis fan.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly.

KLJ isn't a Hornets fan though, he would be done with them and become a Memphis fan.

That's a rare breed.
laugh.gif

Trading Paul makes zero sense "financially." All that happened was Paul speculated that it was "possible." There are no indications in thearticles floating around that suggested that the Hornets said anything about moving him. Paul sells tickets and merchandise. They could just give away everyother player on that team to solve their financial problems. There is no logical reason to cut Paul loose first.

If they trade CP3 its officially the end of the New Orleans Hornets. The next step would be selling the Hornets back to Charlotte, and selling the Bobcats toSeattle to become the SuperSonics
cd8341ab8f0bb03759f4374af2f7b1b051ffd5.gif

Been speakin on this with someone, if Paul ever did become available, Portland is the team that needs to be front and center for a deal.

Bayless off the top, throw in LA, and Travis Outlaw and they take back Paul and Rasual Butler, and there you go. NO now has no contract longer then 3 years(Posey) and nobody who will be rich other then a new deal for LA in the 10 mil range. They get 3 young guys to build around, and all come cheap.

Portland runs with Paul, Roy, Batum, 4, Oden, with Blake, Rudy, Butler, Webster, and Pryz off the bench.

Oh, and this deal work in the trade machine.
wink.gif

i think Ty Lawson is gonna be this year's version of jameer Nelson when Nelson was drafted from St. Joseph: he slid in the draft, but is gonna be a futurestarter down the road....

[h2]Yao to have surgery, likely out 2009-10[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming has elected to have extensive surgery on his fractured left foot that almost certainly eliminates his chances of playing next season but offers hope that he can resume his NBA career and not fracture the foot a career-ending third time.

1722.jpg

Yao

After consultation with a battery of doctors, Yao, 28, has decided to undergo a bone graft to heal the existing fracture and have his arch surgically lowered to reduce the stress on his foot.

Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskas had a fracture in the same part of the foot, had a similar combination of surgeries and has played the last eight seasons without suffering another fracture.

Yao has broken the foot twice, most recently last May in Game 3 of Houston's second-round playoff battle with the eventual champions, the Lakers.

It was originally hoped the fracture would heal with rest and Yao would be back for training camp, but a check-up in June revealed the fracture had not improved.

Yao spoke with Ilgauskas before making his decision and was encouraged by what Ilgauskas told him.

"I am confident that the path I have chosen is the best one," Yao said. "I know I have a lot of work ahead of me before I can be back on the court, and I am committed to do whatever I can to make my recovery 100 percent successful. I have full confidence I'll play again."

The surgery will be performed next week by Dr. Tom Clanton, one of the Rockets' team physicians. If all goes well, Yao said he could begin rehabilitation "a couple weeks" after surgery and could return to basketball activity in six months.

Ric Bucher is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine and ESPN Insider

Yao going with the Ilgauskas surgery. First a bone graft first then another sugery to lower the arch for less stress on the foot.

John Wall here we come
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Been speakin on this with someone, if Paul ever did become available, Portland is the team that needs to be front and center for a deal.

Bayless off the top, throw in LA, and Travis Outlaw and they take back Paul and Rasual Butler, and there you go. NO now has no contract longer then 3 years (Posey) and nobody who will be rich other then a new deal for LA in the 10 mil range. They get 3 young guys to build around, and all come cheap.

Portland runs with Paul, Roy, Batum, 4, Oden, with Blake, Rudy, Butler, Webster, and Pryz off the bench.

wink.gif
it would make sense signing LO then
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but wth would NO run with? Bayless, Peja, Outlaw, LA, chandler? their bench is weak enough as it is, no need to make it even weaker. oh and, where would davidwest be?
im sure NO could get better offers then that.

You guys think of some of the worst trades ever lets be realistic for once.........

Simmons, Hassell, YI, and the GSW 1st rd pick for Paul and West. DO IT ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
happy.gif
- I kid I kid. All joking aside, The hornets need to keep Paul and move some ofthe other contracts to help out a little.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Bayless off the top, throw in LA, and Travis Outlaw and they take back Paul and Rasual Butler, and there you go. NO now has no contract longer then 3 years (Posey) and nobody who will be rich other then a new deal for LA in the 10 mil range. They get 3 young guys to build around, and all come cheap.

wink.gif
it would make sense signing LO then
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but wth would NO run with? Bayless, Peja, Outlaw, LA, chandler? their bench is weak enough as it is, no need to make it even weaker. oh and, where would david west be?
im sure NO could get better offers then that.
Yea it wouldn't make too much sense getting Aldridge when they have West. Other than Aldridge and Roy, Portland wouldn't have much tooffer unless they gave them a ton of young talent with no type of future all-star potential which is what think the Hornets would look for.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly.

roll.gif

ENLIGHTENED - You know,I never get when I look at realgm or Netsdaily and everyone talks up this pick.

We did this to dump Laptop Williams.

That pick will probably be the 2 Second round picks before we get a chance for the Warriors to make the playoffs to get a Number 1 out of it.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom