NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I'm done talking about this subject.
Thank God.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the suns used to rest shaq every other 2 games? ...
laugh.gif

It might be good come playoff time.. although he's not getting any younger..

I'm not counting the Cavs out at all.. i'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes and experiences only makes them better.. they need shaq to stayhealthy tho..

Originally Posted by raptors29

^^^ CP, the hell are you trying to prove? I already said ORL is the favorite in the East and are better than us. Same with BOS (although that franchise is gonna pull a DET in less than 3 years, maybe 2). Saying we have no chance is just plain stupid though. I feel like the ORL/CLE series was the first time 75-80% of dudes on NT watched CLE play the ENTIRE season. They COMPLETELY exposed us because of the ridiculous mismatches (which aren't nearly as bad as they were last year) & our entire team going Casper on LeBron overnight (which I think was an aberration). Call me a homer if you want to. I just don't see the whole squad crumbling like that again. I IN NO WAY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT US WINNIG THE TITLE/HAVING THE BEST CHANCE/ETC. It is just simply foolish to completely count us out though...

That was a stupid statement. Cleveland is still a very good team, but basketball is a game of matchups. They just don't match up with the Magic. They do a better job against Boston.
Oh my God.

2cdl5k.jpg

I have said numerous times ORL is better than us & is the favorite to come out of the East. We still don't match up with them that well, but we match up with them A LOT better than last year. Anything can happen (especially when you have the most dominant player in the world on your squad)...I'm done talking about this subject.

I know that. I thought you were talking about somebody else saying they match up well with the Magic right now.

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]Center Magloire returns to Heat[/h2]
Associated Press

MIAMI -- Reserve Jamaal Magloire has re-signed with the Miami Heat, giving the team four centers under contract.

Restricted free-agent center Joel Anthony re-signed Monday. The Heat also have starter Jermaine O'Neal and seldom-used Mark Blount.

The Heat announced Wednesday they had reached an agreement with Magloire, an unrestricted free agent. He said entering offseason he "absolutely" wanted to stay with the Heat, and teammate Dwyane Wade praised his contribution as an enforcer.

Magloire appeared in 55 games for Miami last season, with 12 starts, and averaged 2.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 12.9 minutes. The nine-year veteran has career averages of 8.0 points, 6.9 rebounds and 23.2 minutes. He was an All-Star in 2004.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

laugh.gif
maglorie is one scrappy dude.. he just doesnt care whathe does to get the rebound... im glad we resigned him though... i still wanted to see us go big against other big teams with
wade
cook
beasley
j.o.
maglorie... lets hope we can see him have some more minutes behind J.O.

I don't see Magloire being a big contributer but he'll be fine as a reserve again. I would think the younger guys will get more time to get experiencefor possible development but what the hell do I know?

Oh, and Andre Miller on Portland would be a very good pickup, but I'm mixed on Heinrich in PHI. That team needs a vocal leader, I just don't think AIis anything more than a glorified role player.

Why re-sign Anthony if we were gonna keep Magloire ?

We need to find a way to get rid of Blount desperately
sick.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BSO Exclusive: Lamar Odom To Resign With Lakers 4 years/40 Million[/h1]
By BonaFide Sports Expert Robert Littal on July 22, 2009 3:37 PM | Permalink | Comments (21) | TrackBacks (0)

kobe-bryant-lamar-odom-r4187481000.jpg

Sources close to Lamar Odom have told BSO that Odom will resign with the Lakers.

Odom will sign a 4 year 40 million dollar contract to stay with the champs.

The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement.

Remember where you heard it first.

As more details come in, we will update you

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/07/bso-exclusive-lamar-odom-to-re.html

Never EVER heard of this website so let's see....

EDIT...

I guess its not true.

JOHN IRELAND OF Espn 710 is saying that he spoke to people closest to Lamar

and he says Buss is not putting the offer back on the table.

The lakers organization feel his market value only worth 6 Million and Buss was willing to surpass his market value.

But Lamar passed on it

He also said that his agent advised him to take the offer, but Odom himself wanted more.

He believes the previous 10 mill offer will not come back to the table!

Ireland is calling that bsports website as BS. Buss is in Hawaii with his family.
Damn...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

I don't see Magloire being a big contributer but he'll be fine as a reserve again. I would think the younger guys will get more time to get experience for possible development but what the hell do I know?

Oh, and Andre Miller on Portland would be a very good pickup, but I'm mixed on Heinrich in PHI. That team needs a vocal leader, I just don't think AI is anything more than a glorified role player.
What younger guys?
laugh.gif

and Lamar just hurry up and come back here, we want you!

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BSO Exclusive: Lamar Odom To Resign With Lakers 4 years/40 Million[/h1]
By BonaFide Sports Expert Robert Littal on July 22, 2009 3:37 PM | Permalink | Comments (21) | TrackBacks (0)

kobe-bryant-lamar-odom-r4187481000.jpg

Sources close to Lamar Odom have told BSO that Odom will resign with the Lakers.

Odom will sign a 4 year 40 million dollar contract to stay with the champs.

The change of heart came after Lamar reached out to Dr. Jerry Buss. The two of them had a close door meeting in Las Vegas yesterday where they were able to reach an agreement.

Remember where you heard it first.

As more details come in, we will update you
http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2009/07/bso-exclusive-lamar-odom-to-re.html

Never EVER heard of this website so let's see....

EDIT...

I guess its not true.

JOHN IRELAND OF Espn 710 is saying that he spoke to people closest to Lamar

and he says Buss is not putting the offer back on the table.

The lakers organization feel his market value only worth 6 Million and Buss was willing to surpass his market value.

But Lamar passed on it

He also said that his agent advised him to take the offer, but Odom himself wanted more.

He believes the previous 10 mill offer will not come back to the table!

Ireland is calling that bsports website as BS. Buss is in Hawaii with his family.
Damn...

[h2]Report: OdomAgrees To Terms With Lakers[/h2]
Jul 22, 2009 7:12 PM EST

lal_40.gif
Lamar Odom will re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, coming to terms on a $40 million contract over four years, according to sources close tothe forward.

The deal will likely be consummated when owner Dr. Jerry Buss returns from vacation in Hawaii.

Via BlackSportsOnline.com

Los Angeles Lakers

The press release was brief. Its impact will be profound.

The announcement Wednesday evening a resolution has been reached avoiding arbitration and allowing the Pacers to waive Jamaal Tinsley brings welcome closure for the franchise and the player.

The Pacers regain a roster spot, no trivial matter.

With the re-signing of forward Josh McRoberts Wednesday afternoon, the Pacers have 11 players under contract. That does not include second-round pick A.J. Price or veteran point guard Earl Watson, who reportedly will sign with the Pacers once he clears waivers later this week.

Tinsley can seek what he desperately needs, a fresh start in a new locale.

"This ends a very difficult period for all parties involved," said Larry Bird, President of Basketball, in the statement released by the Pacers. "We are pleased to have this resolved."

The resolution means there will be no arbitration hearing next week and the Pacers will instead waive Tinsley. If he is not claimed during the seven-day waiver period, he will become an unrestricted free agent.

"Jamaal and I would like to thank the Pacers for working on a resolution to this and Jamaal and I are sorry things didn't work out," said Tinsley's agent, Raymond Brothers. "We both wish the Pacers the best of luck in the future."

The situation had long since ceased being a distraction to the team. Tinsley hasn't been around for more than a year and the Pacers have an entirely new look at the point guard position.

His presence hasn't been felt in quite awhile.

Consider: of the players on the roster now, only five were with the Pacers the last time Tinsley played in a game (Feb. 5, 2008): Danny Granger, Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Travis Diener.

But here's the thing: his absence no longer will be felt.

The Pacers moved on long ago.

Now, so can Tinsley.

Case closed.

Wow, finally eh?

It's about time.

I honestly still think he can still start, it'll be interesting to see where he goes.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The press release was brief. Its impact will be profound.

The announcement Wednesday evening a resolution has been reached avoiding arbitration and allowing the Pacers to waive Jamaal Tinsley brings welcome closure for the franchise and the player.

The Pacers regain a roster spot, no trivial matter.

With the re-signing of forward Josh McRoberts Wednesday afternoon, the Pacers have 11 players under contract. That does not include second-round pick A.J. Price or veteran point guard Earl Watson, who reportedly will sign with the Pacers once he clears waivers later this week.

Tinsley can seek what he desperately needs, a fresh start in a new locale.

"This ends a very difficult period for all parties involved," said Larry Bird, President of Basketball, in the statement released by the Pacers. "We are pleased to have this resolved."

The resolution means there will be no arbitration hearing next week and the Pacers will instead waive Tinsley. If he is not claimed during the seven-day waiver period, he will become an unrestricted free agent.

"Jamaal and I would like to thank the Pacers for working on a resolution to this and Jamaal and I are sorry things didn't work out," said Tinsley's agent, Raymond Brothers. "We both wish the Pacers the best of luck in the future."

The situation had long since ceased being a distraction to the team. Tinsley hasn't been around for more than a year and the Pacers have an entirely new look at the point guard position.

His presence hasn't been felt in quite awhile.

Consider: of the players on the roster now, only five were with the Pacers the last time Tinsley played in a game (Feb. 5, 2008): Danny Granger, Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy and Travis Diener.

But here's the thing: his absence no longer will be felt.

The Pacers moved on long ago.

Now, so can Tinsley.

Case closed.

Tinsley aka Miami Heat killer. Dude use to do the Heat dirty

Man if Lamar re-signs with the Lakers, just give them the chip and just skip the 09-10 season

whoops. i thought he stil had an year left, i kinda skimmed that article.
and cheeseburger curry > hibbert, and foster.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Again, LO turned down 3/30. No way Buss comes back and says, nevermind, here's 4/40.

He's already paying the LT. When nobody out there is gonna offer LO 10M, why should he? Especially after he turned it down the first go around

i think LO wanted to be secured, long term, not about the money.
and buss knows damn well that w/o LO, they're not getting back to where they are now.
the most they can do, is pull a denver like last year and trade someone for a second round pick+cash.

I'm starting to think a one year deal is in the future for Lamar and the Lakers if they can't compromise on a long term deal.

Back
Top Bottom