NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

laugh.gif

At least they're going after a PG now. Hinrich would've been a better fit though.

I felt like Chester at first but I actually think this might work out pretty well for the team. I have felt PG was our big hole and that Webster or Batum willdo fine at the 3, especially if Oden is progressing the way he is then Miller will add a lot to this team. He is a great improvement over Blake.

But now watch for the Hedo-esque move of resigning with Philly for 1 dollar more than Portland is offering...

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I don't want us signing anyone until we get Roy and LMA inked to new deals.

Period.

I bet you this was the final move to come before Roy and Aldridge are signed to their long term deals. You have to think 'dre wouldn't be signingunless he was told those deals are going to get done.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

I felt like Chester at first but I actually think this might work out pretty well for the team. I have felt PG was our big hole and that Webster or Batum will do fine at the 3, especially if Oden is progressing the way he is then Miller will add a lot to this team. He is a great improvement over Blake.

But now watch for the Hedo-esque move of resigning with Philly for 1 dollar more than Portland is offering...
Miller isn't going to sign with us, thats a fact, he wants a longer term contract. We're only offering him 1 year

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I felt like Chester at first but I actually think this might work out pretty well for the team. I have felt PG was our big hole and that Webster or Batum will do fine at the 3, especially if Oden is progressing the way he is then Miller will add a lot to this team. He is a great improvement over Blake.

Miller isn't going to sign with us, thats a fact, he wants a longer term contract. We're only offering him 1 year

maybe it was a poor attempt on my part but I wasn't serious. I was joking. I thought the "1 dollar more" comment would have at least given thataway...

Smith was the only player valuable in that trade in my opinion....Telfair will just irritate the hell out of you.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

portland is stacked

this should be the year they break into the Top 3-4 in the West

Were they not the 4th seed in the West this last year and tied for the SECOND best record in the West?

portland is stacked

depends on the development of oden. I'd still like to get rid of outlaw for a PF who'll bang and do the dirty work in the post.

bayless is not ready and won't get many minutes. Dude is NOT a pg and avg 6 TO's per game in the summer league. He'll have to squeeze minutesbehind rudy.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

portland is stacked

depends on the development of oden. I'd still like to get rid of outlaw for a PF who'll bang and do the dirty work in the post.

bayless is not ready and won't get many minutes. Dude is NOT a pg and avg 6 TO's per game in the summer league. He'll have to squeeze minutes behind rudy.

Yup, Oden and Bayless definitely need some more development. They should be contenders next year. They even overachieved this past season.

portland is stacked

Were they not the 4th seed in the West this last year and tied for the SECOND best record in the West?
They still wouldn't win in a match-up with three other teams in the West NOT named the Mavericks.

(Denver, San Antonio, and Lakers).

Too bad Miller left Philly. He fit really well into our system. I didn't want to see him go but I am interested to see how he fits in with Portland. Now weneed to start looking for a new PG.

Its going to be official

Guess the knicks are going to get sessions

Miller Finalizing Deal With Portland

Philadelphia Inquirer - 07/24 - 3:28 PM EST (AP Photo)

Andre Miller's agent says that the guard will be a member of the Trail Blazers within 24 hours.
Andy Miller says that the two sides are "finalizing" the deal, which one source described as an improvement over the offer the 76ers made to keepMiller.
Philadelphia had offered the point guard a one-year deal worth roughly $6 million.
ESPN is reporting that Portland offered Miller a three-year deal worth $21 million after they were unsuccessful in their attempts to land David Lee.

thats a good pick up. i like um. i would say they could be the number 3 team in the west. denver is gonna fall off a notch...

Heat bypasses matching offer, allows Moon to leave for Cavaliers

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel

5:38 PM EDT, July 24, 2009

The Jamario Moon Era is over.

A week after being presented with an offer sheet for the restricted free-agent forward, the Miami Heat elected Friday to allow Moon to depart to the Cleveland Cavaliers, rather than match the two-year, $6 million contract for the athletic defender and 3-point shooter.

While he could have retained Moon, Heat President Pat Riley opted to retain salary flexibility for both this offseason as well as the 2010 offseason, when his own Dwyane Wade as well as several other prominent players could become free agents, such as LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire.

"After contemplating Cleveland's offer to Jamario Moon for the past week, we have decided not to match," Riley said in a statement. "We declined to match because we want to stay true to our plan of not adding salary to our 2010 cap, and matching it would have reduced our flexibility."

The Heat is left with James Jones, Yakhouba Diawara and Dorell Wright as true small forwards. But Riley also mentioned how the departure of Moon could open time for his 2008 first-round pick.

"Michael Beasley will be getting significant minutes at both forward positions and this opens up more opportunities for him to become the player we all expect him to be."

Moon was acquired by the Heat from the Toronto Raptors along with Jermaine O'Neal in exchange for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks at last February's trading deadline. He appeared in 80 games for both the Heat and Raptors last season, including 60 starts, averaging 7.2 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.08 steals in 25.9 minutes while shooting .468 from the floor and 85 percent from the foul line. Additionally, he led the NBA in steals-to-turnover ratio at 2.00-to-1.

"We would like to thank Jamario for his contributions to our organization and helping us get back to the playoffs last season," Riley said. "We wish him the best in the future."

Even without Moon, the Heat already has 13 players under contract for next season, with Riley stating the team may carry that number next season, two below the NBA maximum. That 13-player total does not include 2009 draft picks Patrick Beverley and Robert Dozier or unrestricted free-agent guard Luther Head.

Moon had his moments with the Heat last season before a sports hernia sidelined him midway through the first-round playoff series against the Atlanta Hawks. He underwent what the Heat termed successful surgery shortly as the team was eliminated by Atlanta in seven games.

While he started 21 of his 26 regular-season appearances for the Heat, the 29-year-old journeyman lost that role to Jones at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs.

While the Heat is seeking to retain its future cap flexibility in its bid to retain Wade, the Cavaliers have taken an all-in approach this offseason behind James, by acquiring center Shaquille O'Neal and Raptors free-agent guard Anthony Parker, re-signing free-agent forward Anderson Varejao to a lucrative contract, and now adding Moon.

Ira Winderman can be reached at [email protected]

It was a pleasure, Apollo
frown.gif

I like the Miller signing (assuming it goes through). It gives us another option at PG, instead of relying on Blake and Bayless, who isn't even a PG.

Back
Top Bottom