NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

I wonder what Kleiza is gonna do. I hope he goes to Toronto, because it looks like Denver doesn't wanna resign him.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

so CP and the some of you others what where you saying about Roy and Portland now?
nerd.gif
I've read this 8 times and have no idea what the hell you're asking, but anyways, of course this deal gets done. Even your dumb @#$coulda done this deal, and you prolly woulda got it done quicker. I said from day one it would happen, I was just laughing at the fact that they were beingcheap and risked pissing Roy off. He was gettin 5 years no matter what, the Blazers had no leg to stand on, as I said, this place would RIOT if they screwedRoy over and he got too mad at them. They dumb for even tryin.
eyes.gif

Now if they want to strong arm Lamarcus, I could understand that, but since they took a minor PR hit with draggin their nuts on the Roy deal, they may need tojust pony up quickly with LA to keep everyone happy. And with Bargs signed, market is set, this should be an easy deal to get done too.

The Bucks are going to interesting to watch with Brandon running the show.
pimp.gif

The Bucks, T-Wolves and Thunder despite the fact they suck will be fun as hell to watch...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The Bucks are going to interesting to watch with Brandon running the show.
pimp.gif

The Bucks, T-Wolves and Thunder despite the fact they suck will be fun as hell to watch...
I think you're right, but if you're under the impression that Rubio is coming, rumor is that he's signing a 2-year deal with a team inBarcelona

Jefferson, Flynn, Love, Brewer, Gomes, Ellington, Q-Rich, and possibly Carney?
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

I'm waiting till pre-season until I make my judgment on Rubio, there are so many mixed stories out there.

As for who I'll be watching this year other the Mavericks/Warriors..

Wizards and Thunder. Maybe a little bit of the Nets as well.

JPZ, you're cool and you're my dude and everything, but I think you're the only who'd get excited over Gomes, Carney, and Q-Rich..
nerd.gif

Wizards and Nets? You don't like yourself or what?
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I assume we talkin teams that won't do nothin, just entertainin is all, cuz ya'll picked teams that won't amount to a hill a beans.....

Ima go with the Clips......I think they make the playoffs.

In the East.......Indiana, I wanna see Granger take that next step, and I'm very curious to see what Hansbouroughourohguoouuhg (how the hell you spell thisdude's name? I feel like Mike tryin to spell "the" right now) What Tyler will do. Plus, who doesn't wanna see the 5 man white rotation,that should be swell.

Nets because of Devin, Lee, Brook Lopez, and Terrence Williams.
pimp.gif

Wizards because of Caron and Arenas (I still think Arenas can play at a superstar level).

I tend to follow players that leave either the Warriors or Mavs. (Arenas, Devin).

Originally Posted by CP1708

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I assume we talkin teams that won't do nothin, just entertainin is all, cuz ya'll picked teams that won't amount to a hill a beans.....

In the East.......Indiana, I wanna see Granger take that next step, and I'm very curious to see what Hansbouroughourohguoouuhg (how the hell you spell this dude's name? I feel like Mike tryin to spell "the" right now) What Tyler will do. Plus, who doesn't wanna see the 5 man white rotation, that should be swell.
Don't jinx us, man. It always scares me when non-Clipper fans start talking about them . . . in a good way.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

help me out twitfam.most of u kno dat im datin k.cole.nd she has recently gottan a tat wit ma name on it.now she want me 2 do tha same.HELP!5 minutes ago from web

Daniel1Gibson

Daniel Gibson
roll.gif

That's what the world has come to now? Grown men asking for relationship advice from a bunch of strangers over the internet. That makessense.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by CP1708

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

In the East.......Indiana, I wanna see Granger take that next step, and I'm very curious to see what Hansbouroughourohguoouuhg (how the hell you spell this dude's name? I feel like Mike tryin to spell "the" right now) What Tyler will do. Plus, who doesn't wanna see the 5 man white rotation, that should be swell.
Don't jinx us, man. It always scares me when non-Clipper fans start talking about them . . . in a good way.
Dont worry. Nothing could get the Clips to the playoffs next season.
nerd.gif
That should balance thebasketball-karma.

So the Roy extension is done, glad they stopped playing hard to get, 80 million for Roy.
pimp.gif

~16 million a year, he could have signed an 87 million contract, but both sides agreed on 80 (about 1.3 millionish cheaper per year).

Makes it a little easier for them to re-sign Aldridge.

I think Toronto will be an interesting team to watch. They've got some decent talent around Bosh and I think he's do-or-die more than any other of thebig FAs for 2010. If they start tanking midway through the season, I think we'll see him gone. He's hid under the radar a bit with all the 2010 talk,but out of him, Bron, and Wade, I see Bosh likely to go more than the other two.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

if healthy I think the Clips could make the Playoffs
nerd.gif
Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz, Hornets, Mavs, Blazers

That's seven.

Teams in limbo (throwing in Clippers since you mentioned them): Clippers, Thunder, Suns, and Rockets.

As much as the Suns have fallen, they're still better than the Clippers IMO. They have a better back-court, and they have a better PF (Amare is better thanBlake).

Yeah they have better front-court depth, but the Suns are an experienced team, who on the Clips has a lot of playoff experience? Camby? he took a really smallrole last year.

The Clips need to move one of their bigs IMO.

Clips still have some work to do. Int he right direction? Sure, but a few years ago when they did make the Playoffs, people were saying the same thing (yes,the Clippers DID make the Playoffs in 2006).

^move their bigs...?
they have kaman, camby, and griffin. camby has an expiring, which can be an enticing trade piece, but he can help mentor blake imo.

I hate the idea of Camby and Kaman on the same team, trade one of them for something good, because either could net a VERY nice piece.

Trade one of their centers (preferably Kaman and his ugly contract, which makes it doubtful) for a small forward that can play defense.

If Mayo and Gasol make a jump, throw the Grizz in the discussion at least.
smh.gif
The hell is wrong with me?
laugh.gif

I think Phoenix falls haaaaaaaard this year. I'm thinking they trade off Amare at the deadline, because no way they gonna keep him, and it's better toget at least something out of him. So I count them out.

Houston will be the scrappiest team in the league, but they are going to struggle HUGE to get buckets for 80 games. I don't see them

So the 3 best young core's in the game will battle for #8. Clipps, Grizz, and Thunder. I gave the nod to Clipps because if healthy, Baron should givethem that vet push they'll need. And Thorton, Gordon, and Jordan could all make jumps. Camby and Kaman play ok, and Blake is decent, I think they haveenough to get to 45 wins or so.

Lotta if's I know, but that's just my feeling today. Come preseason, when I get a look at the Thunder jumps from their young guys, I may switch mymind up.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

if healthy I think the Clips could make the Playoffs
nerd.gif
Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets, Jazz, Hornets, Mavs, Blazers

That's seven.

Teams in limbo (throwing in Clippers since you mentioned them): Clippers, Thunder, Suns, and Rockets.

As much as the Suns have fallen, they're still better than the Clippers IMO. They have a better back-court, and they have a better PF (Amare is better than Blake).

Yeah they have better front-court depth, but the Suns are an experienced team, who on the Clips has a lot of playoff experience? Camby? he took a really small role last year.

The Clips need to move one of their bigs IMO.

Clips still have some work to do. Int he right direction? Sure, but a few years ago when they did make the Playoffs, people were saying the same thing (yes, the Clippers DID make the Playoffs in 2006).
By no means would I put the Hornet as a lock to make the playoffs. I think the Nuggests will make it but I can still see the team imploding or atleast being challenged for one of the last spots.

I don't think it's far-fetched to think the Clips will make it. I don't think they will, but they have a good squad on paper, that's for sure.I give them a better chance to make it than the Rockets (obvious injury/personnel issues) and the Thunder (still young). The Suns will compete but they arecertainly on the decline and lack direction.

All in all, I think they have about a 40-50% chance of making it, which I think most of their fans would take at this point.

You think the Nuggets could have struggles making it? Really?

I can understand the Hornets, but not the Nuggets.

I think the Thunder have a better shot simply the fact that they have the superstar factor, plus a good back-court that's ready to go (Harden ain'tplayed a game I know but the man is ready). Green continues to make strides in his game, and their depth at C gets a little better this year.

I like the Thunder as a dark-horse, much moreso than the Clippers (I have lost faith in Baron).

Back
Top Bottom