NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

no warriors?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i have said it all offseason that some horrible team from last year will make the playoffs in the west

spurs,lakers,mavs,nuggets, and blazers i give out locks to. even a key guy going down all those teams have enough talent to make the playoffs

jazz and hornets will proably make it but if only one guy goes down for each team there done

I think Phoenix falls haaaaaaaard this year. I'm thinking they trade off Amare at the deadline, because no way they gonna keep him, and it's better to get at least something out of him. So I count them out.
CP and i agree on the suns

that leaves warriors,clippers and OKC one of those teams will make the playoffs

I can't wait to see the disappointment of people when they see how the Thunder will play this year without any low post presence and no bench.

But, the Clippers will have a better chance at getting that 8th seed than the Grizz/Thunder/Warriors. They just have to stay healthy. Phoenix would be next inline more than likely after/before the Clippers. I see Memphis being the 10th worse team in the West, followed by the Thunder and the Warriors.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I hate the idea of Camby and Kaman on the same team, trade one of them for something good, because either could net a VERY nice piece.
That could happen, but not for a while. I don't think the team is ready to give up on Kaman yet and, with Camby, they're figuring hecould have more value closer to the trade deadline. He's the kind of guy that a borderline contender could view as putting them over the top. Unless ateam comes in with an offer that's just too good to pass up, I don't think we'll see either Kaman or Camby moved before the season starts. However, if the team struggles early, I think its more than likely one of them is gone (and hopefully Dunleavy too).

Originally Posted by heat23

espnnbaReport: Brandon Roy, Portland Trail Blazers close to long-term contract: Brandon Roy and the Blazers are reporte.. http://bit.ly/5D4zK22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[h2]Report: Roy, Blazers near deal[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

http://
Brandon Roy has become the face of the franchise, and the Portland Trail Blazers want to keep it that way.

3027.jpg

lastName

Going into the final year of his rookie contract, Roy and the team are on the verge of agreeing to a long-term extension, The Oregonian reported on Tuesday.

"We've had very productive discussions recently and are optimistic we will reach a deal soon," Roy's agent, Bob Myers said, according to the newspaper.

According to the report, Roy has been seeking a four-year deal with a player option for the fifth year at a maximum $82 million.

Roy led the Blazers in scoring (22.6), assists (5.1) and steals (1.1) last season and has averaged 19.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 1.1 steals per game in his three-year career.

Roy was acquired from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a draft day trade for Randy Foye in 2006 and went on to win Rookie of the Year. Before he arrived, the Blazers were 21-61, but they have improved every season and made the playoffs last season at 54-28 -- losing in the first round.

If Roy agrees, the Blazers can turn their attention to signing LaMarcus Aldridge, who entered the league at the same time as Roy. He was second on the team in scoring (18.1) and rebounding (7.5) last season.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

memphis, a better team then the warriors?
granted, im a in closet warrior fan, but that team is no way worse then the grizz.
esp. if they fire their coach? they'll def. be a playoff contender.

Originally Posted by BangDak

memphis, a better team then the warriors?
granted, im a in closet warrior fan, but that team is no way worse then the grizz.
esp. if they fire their coach? they'll def. be a playoff contender.
eyes.gif

Yep. Conley, OJ, Rudy or Gasol won't improve at all this season after having a whole season together. Especially OJ and Rudy since they didn't showanything at the USA camp, but only impress one or two people right? Oops, I also forgot about Marc Gasol losing all that weight this off-season as well alongwith Conley, OJ and Rudy bulking up.

Oh yea, Randolph, Young, Carroll, Arthur and Thabeet won't do anything at all either, but get a little rebounding done, score in the paint, get some hustlepoints and play a little D.

I also forgot how good the Warriors will be when they made no significant improvement to their team other than drafting Curry. With all the veterans (includingDevean George) will carry that team to a good season.

But really, the Warriors are solely relying on Anthony Randolph at this point. If he doesn't make that major jump, they will be the same team. You alreadyknow what you will basically get from everyone else on the team.

I did leave the Warriors out though, but they are in the same boat as Memphis, OKC and Phoenix.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You think the Nuggets could have struggles making it? Really?

I can understand the Hornets, but not the Nuggets.

I think the Thunder have a better shot simply the fact that they have the superstar factor, plus a good back-court that's ready to go (Harden ain't played a game I know but the man is ready). Green continues to make strides in his game, and their depth at C gets a little better this year.

I like the Thunder as a dark-horse, much moreso than the Clippers (I have lost faith in Baron).
I think the Nuggets will still make it in the playoffs but I'm not sold on them completely. For some teams success is a good thing, othertimes it's not. Who knows what will happen, maybe the players will get cocky, maybe the off-season transactions will affect their chemistry, maybe the teamquits on Karl, maybe injuries strike. All of those possibilities are plausible. Sure, that could be said for most teams, but if I had to bet on any playoffteam coming up flat next season it would be the Nuggets.

I do like the Thunder to improve and compete simply because every player on that team is going to improve, as opposed to the Suns or Rockets. Much of the samecould be said for the Clippers, they have a bunch of young players who will continue to improve and if the veterans can stay healthy and focused that could bethe right mix for the playoffs.

Oh yea, Randolph, Young, Carroll, Arthur and Thabeet won't do anything at all either, but get a little rebounding done, score in the paint, get some hustle points and play a little D.
roll.gif
you clearly overestimate Zach Randolph. Any chemistry yourteam built last season is going to go down the drain with that black hole in the post. I swear you will shake your head at least 5-10 times a game watchingthe dude play, you have no idea.

Seriously, do you ever question why the dude has been traded three for garbage?

I agree though, the Warrior will suck.

^move their bigs...?
they have kaman, camby, and griffin. camby has an expiring, which can be an enticing trade piece, but he can help mentor blake imo.
I don't think the Clips are looking to move either Kaman or Camby anymore since they were able to get rid of Z-Bo. If they couldn't tradeZ-Bo, I'm sure they pretty much would have been forced to move either Kaman or Camby. Thanks to the Grizz though, it was the perfect situation to be ableto get rid of Z-Bo.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Oh yea, Randolph, Young, Carroll, Arthur and Thabeet won't do anything at all either, but get a little rebounding done, score in the paint, get some hustle points and play a little D.
roll.gif
you clearly overestimate Zach Randolph. Any chemistry your team built last season is going to go down the drain with that black hole in the post. I swear you will shake your head at least 5-10 times a game watching the dude play, you have no idea.

Seriously, do you ever question why the dude has been traded three for garbage?

I agree though, the Warrior will suck.
I didn't mean Randolph would be the one getting hustle points and playing D. I just added all the things all those players would bring.

And yes, I do know why he was traded. I know what to expect from him, but I also know that he won't be the EXACT same player in the locker room. I'llgive him the benefit of the doubt knowing he's not surrounded by the same type of players he was around in Portland and NY. Warrick was also a black holein the Grizz offense.

I'm not even going to start talking about this again, I'll just wait for the season.

that was a response to someone, i belive JA21.
bhz, i can make the same exact arguement for the warriors. not to mention a healthy monta ellis.
if they actually had a better coach, warriors would be lightyears ahead of memphis, real talk.

I have no faith in the Warriors until they show that they can play together, win some games, and get their management can get their head out of the *#%**.

that was a response to someone, i belive JA21.
bhz, i can make the same exact arguement for the warriors. not to mention a healthy monta ellis.
if they actually had a better coach, warriors would be lightyears ahead of memphis, real talk.
If, if, if.

If the Grizz had a better front office who knew how to handle the off-season this summer they would be light years ahead of the Warriors and probably damn neara playoff team.
laugh.gif

It's not about if, its about what they're now. Saying lightyears ahead is reaching too. This is the same team that many teams had highlights againstlast season.
laugh.gif

I'm sorry...I just had to bring this thread up again. I know many of you didn't see this.

http://niketalk.com/topic/158147?page=1

He has the makings of a young Gary Payton, and he will make some squad a lot better...

As far as my prediction Whether or not he'll go Lottery...

"New York Knicks, you are on the clock..."
I had never heard of him before this past Thursday where he was kindly brought up twice in conversations with my peeps at Nike and UA... Apparently this kid is the truth and many are talking about him being a high lottery pic
What other PG will go before him?

Stephen Curry is not a PG, and even if he comes out, he will not get the shots he is getting in college.

After the first five picks, its a toss up. Probably going to be one of the worst drafts ever.
I don't think you're giving Maynor enough credit. Flynn? Seriously?
For some reason Maynor's play reminds me of Kenny Anderson...can create his own shot and manages the floor with ease...i can certainly see him having an impact at the next level...
Flynn to me can end up like another 'Cuse guard, Gerry Macnamara. At best, a Jason Terry.
But once he sees good man to man defenders every night, He MIGHT get 6-7 points a night at best.
Curry is good player, but hell anyone could average that taking 20 three pointers every game.

He can shoot, but thats about it. Maynor can score, defend, and create. Go to the numbers, and tell me who is a better player.
I'll holla at you when Curry is right where V. Page is in 3 years... On the block talking about the good ole' college days.
CLASSIC....

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

im leave you alone with that Dermar Derzan line tho
wink.gif
laugh.gif

That was before the NCAA Tournament tho...you know good and well that boy was slummin before that.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

roll.gif
Aldrich a lottery pick? You can't be serious. I would take Mullens before him.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think DeRozan will be not live up to expectations, but best of luck to him
grin.gif

sick.gif

Derozan will do just fine. It depends on his situation, but if he's in the right one he will probably crack stardom. I see him being a great defender inthe league though.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

im leave you alone with that Dermar Derzan line tho
wink.gif
laugh.gif

That was before the NCAA Tournament tho...you know good and well that boy was slummin before that.

laugh.gif
naw i feel ya i still dont have much faith in him

Toronto has done a good job easing the pressure for DeMar DeRozan. Hedo Turkoglu can create for DeRozan and the rest of the team, Belinelli can spread thefloor and Jack can play SG if DeRozan or Belinelli falter.

I'm thinking DeRozan will end up like Ronnie Brewer. He'll defend, get spoonfed dunks and hit a mid-range shot or two.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Toronto has done a good job easing the pressure for DeMar DeRozan. Hedo Turkoglu can create for DeRozan and the rest of the team, Belinelli can spread the floor and Jack can play SG if DeRozan or Belinelli falter.

I'm thinking DeRozan will end up like Ronnie Brewer. He'll defend, get spoonfed dunks and hit a mid-range shot or two.
People really sleeping on Toronto's off-season, signing Turk, getting a safe pick in DeMar, getting Jack to help fill out their back-court,didn't let go of Marion for nothing, and got a DAMN good shooter in Stallion (
smh.gif
laugh.gif
).

Back
Top Bottom