NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

No mention of Dampier?

Sweet.
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Random News & Notes...
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Linas Kleiza is very close to signing a contract with Olympiacos despite his dream is to continue in NBA. The player confirmed the proposal made by the Greek team. "Olympiacos showed interest in me. I would like to stay in NBA, but if I have to go back to Europe, why not in Greece?" said the forward. Sportando.net[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chris Mannix: Word out of Raymond Felton's camp is that Bobcats and Felton are still far apart on a deal. Both want long term but not same page on dollars. Twitter.com[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Walsh has been involved in talks with Sessions' representation over the weekend, but despite reports to the contrary, the sides are not close to an agreement. It is believed that Sessions' agent, Jim "Chubby" Wells, is seeking the full mid-level exception (five years and $32.3 million) and that Walsh, with no real competition on the market, is offering slightly less, mainly to keep the salary-cap hit in 2010 to a minimum. At the full mid-level, Sessions' salary would be $6.03 million in 2010-11. Newsday[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gery Woelfel: Knicks still covet R.Sessions but want to move a player 1st. Twitter.com[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Center Ryan Hollins won't be returning to the Mavericks. Hollins, a restricted free agent, signed an offer sheet with the Minnesota Timberwolves that the Mavericks do not plan to match. Dallas Morning News[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A source close to the situation said talks are "advancing" with the Sixers and Slovenia journeyman Primoz Brezec, but no deal is imminent. The 7-foot-1 Brezec, who played in Italy last year, averaged 7.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in seven seasons with the Pacers, Bobcats, Pistons and Raptors. He has started 214 of 321 NBA games in which he's appeared.[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Sixers are in the market for a veteran backup center and Brezec -- along with Adonal Foyle, Chris Mihm and others -- is one of the players they've considered. Philly Burbs[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't accuse the Bobcats, by the way, of staying silent on the free-agent front. They pursued Warrick pretty hard. Ultimately, Warrick wanted the best chance to get playing time, and that was in Milwaukee. Sporting News[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gortat also is aware of the perception that the Magic may have matched the offer in order to trade him. After matching an offer for a restricted free agent, teams must wait a minimum of 90 days before trading the player. "I love it in Orlando. It's where I became an NBA player. But if I'm traded, that's part of the business,'' he said. "If I'm traded, with my contract, it would be to a team that wants to play me more, so it can only be a good thing. I'm not worried about it. I'm just working to get better.'' FanHouse.com[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://Link
[/font]

So they can only tweet about things that have to do with ESPN?

I'm not on Twitter, so I wouldn't know, but they must have been talking about things we as the ESPN viewers aren't supposed to know or behind thescenes stuff as an ESPN employee that they weren't supposed to be talking about? Not sure why they'd shut it down if it wasn't for those reasons.

Ya know, somebody at ESPN owe me some money.

Wadn't I just sayin all these reporters are stupid with their tweeting reporting? They ain't reporting anything, just readin a web site much like ifthey read something one of us said on here and they "reported" it.

Now ESPN takin it off the table.
laugh.gif

Same as that dude who wrote his article off all the stuff I was sayin in the Lakers thread about needin Lamar. Hollinger I think it was that plagiarized me.

I expect my check shortly ESPN, get it to me.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Word in Portland is the Roy has verbally agreed to a full 5 year max contract extension. It sounds like no player option, 5 years guaranteed, but I have noclue for sure.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Word in Portland is the Roy has verbally agreed to a full 5 year max contract extension. It sounds like no player option, 5 years guaranteed, but I have no clue for sure.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Word in Portland is the Roy has verbally agreed to a full 5 year max contract extension. It sounds like no player option, 5 years guaranteed, but I have no clue for sure.

You need to upgrade to pro because your bandwidth exceeded homie.
laugh.gif

espnnbaReport: Brandon Roy, Portland Trail Blazers close to long-term contract: Brandon Roy and the Blazers are reporte.. http://bit.ly/5D4zK22 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[h2]Report: Roy, Blazers near deal[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

Brandon Roy has become the face of the franchise, and the Portland Trail Blazers want to keep it that way.

3027.jpg

lastName

Going into the final year of his rookie contract, Roy and the team are on the verge of agreeing to a long-term extension, The Oregonian reported on Tuesday.

"We've had very productive discussions recently and are optimistic we will reach a deal soon," Roy's agent, Bob Myers said, according to the newspaper.

According to the report, Roy has been seeking a four-year deal with a player option for the fifth year at a maximum $82 million.

Roy led the Blazers in scoring (22.6), assists (5.1) and steals (1.1) last season and has averaged 19.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 1.1 steals per game in his three-year career.

Roy was acquired from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a draft day trade for Randy Foye in 2006 and went on to win Rookie of the Year. Before he arrived, the Blazers were 21-61, but they have improved every season and made the playoffs last season at 54-28 -- losing in the first round.

If Roy agrees, the Blazers can turn their attention to signing LaMarcus Aldridge, who entered the league at the same time as Roy. He was second on the team in scoring (18.1) and rebounding (7.5) last season.

[h2]Source: Knicks Will Get Sessionshttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60975/20090804/source_knicks_will_get_sessions/[/h2]
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60975/20090804/source_knicks_will_get_sessions/
Aug 04, 2009 8:31 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Alan Hahn reports on the latest information he is hearing about the Knicks' pursuit of Ramon Sessions as the team's next point guard.

"What I have been told is the Knicks want Sessions and they will eventually get him," Hahn writes. "The price remains TBD."

Hahn earlier reported that the Knicks were offering slightly less than the team's mid-level exception, which starts at around $5.8 million in the first season.

Via Twitter (Alan Hahn, Newsday)

they have been saying sessions to the Knicks for like a month now

He is the New odom a different story each day but nothing offical
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

so CP and the some of you others what where you saying about Roy and Portland now?
nerd.gif

That the front office needs to do exactly this. Give Roy whatever the hell he wants and be happy.
Except I'm sure CP wants him to leave and throw Portland into another hopeless era filled with *@!%$@*@ and wife beaters.

It's about time Roy got his contract maxed
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom