NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

i have a hard time seen any big name 2010 FA signing a contract extension
They will when they start seeing that salary cap going down.

Nope. The Declining Salary Cap has zero effect on max contract caliber players. Their potential figures will still remain the same and will be grandfathered into the next Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
That's not the point I was trying to make. There's less money to spend with the teams. Their options aren't going to be as open as they thought it would be with the teams being more financially strapped. Maybe not Joe but a lot of lower 2nd tier guys and 3rd tier guys that would usaully command a max contract or close to it won't get it because teams won't have much money to spend. I figure the amount a player makes with a max contract doesn't change.

well with the salary declining teams like NY and NJ won't have enough for 2 stars anymore and will have a hard time bringing in 1. Dwade and lebron willmake the most money if they stay with their current teams bosh also. Free agents Will also make more cash overseas or resigning with their current team.

Rubio Could Be Getting Closer To Wolves
Aug 05, 2009 3:24 PM EST

Ricky Rubio still has a lot of hurdles to clear in order to play for the Timberwolves this season, but his representation isn't giving up.

The Pioneer Press is reporting that Rubio's representation is looking for lucrative product endorsements to help offset to cost of his $6.6 million buyoutwith DKV Joventut in Spain.

Via Pioneer Press

Minnesota Timberwolves

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rambis Likely To Be Named Minnesota's Head Coach
Aug 05, 2009 11:44 PM EST

Kurt Rambis flew to Minnesota on Wednesday, presumably to become the next head coach of the Timberwolves.

Rambis has already had a second interview with Minnesota, and the only step left is to talk with team owner Glen Taylor, who has said publicly he would be thefinal part in the decision-making process.

TV analyst Mark Jackson and Houston Rockets assistant coach Elston Turner have also been under consideration.

Via Los Angeles Times

Minnesota Timberwolves, Los Angeles Lakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watson Situation Could Determine Azubuike's Fate
Aug 05, 2009 11:28 PM EST

C.J. Watson is looking for a multi-year contract and an increase in playing time, two things he likely won't receive from the Golden State Warriors.

Watson is testing the free agent market and could sign an offer sheet with another team or be dealt in a sign-and-trade.

"Next season, Kelenna Azubuike is a free agent and is represented by the same agent as C.J. Watson. If the Warriors screw over Watson, I guarantee thatAzubuike will leave. No question, they'll return the favor," a source close to the situation tells RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Last season, Azubuike averaged 14.4 points and 5.0 rebounds while starting fifty-one games for the Warriors.

Azubuike has a player option for the 2010-11 season worth $3.3 million.

Via Alex Kennedy/RealGM

Golden State Warriors

Knicks Look To Shed Another 2010 Contract And Bring In Stackhouse
Aug 05, 2009 11:21 PM EST

Alan Hahn of Newsday reports that the Knicks could shed a 2010 contract as part of the team's pursuit of the unrestricted free-agent Jerry Stackhouse.

The only non-rookie contracts remaining on the Knicks' payroll for the 2010-2011 season are that of Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries. Presumably the Knicksare seeking a trade of one of the two.

It was reported earlier this week that the Knicks are intent on clearing more cap room for next summer before the team would sign restricted free-agent RamonSessions to an offer sheet.

Via Twitter (Alan Hahn, Newsday)

UCLAMIKE wrote:
Still my favorite picture of the 2. "Kickin ++% and Taking Names!F**k All Y'all, we takin this league OVER."
roll.gif
roll.gif

ant no soft 7 foot Power foward who can't guard anyone or rebound going to help anyone take over the leauge

real talk if im Portland i wait and see how oden does this year before i offer LaMarcus a contract. and i sure as hell wont give him a max one
You don' even know what it's like goin on over here.

Radio stations goin bananas callin Roy the father of the year, hypin him up as a messiah/Neo combo,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

These guys are good dudes, and certainly better then their predecessors, but hypin guys up as great father's and @#$% is mad corny.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I have no faith in the Warriors until they show that they can play together, win some games, and get their management can get their head out of the *#%**.
why would someone even put faith on a team like the warriors
laugh.gif
...one playoff appearance in 13 years
roll.gif
c'mon give up on theseclowns

ive always wondered with u being a dallas fan and u support the warriors too?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

What else do they have to talk about in Oregon? Trees?

I mean, yeah, but can't they just stick to the game, talk about next season, project numbers, somethin, but do they have to sit on the radio and hype adude as father of the year?
laugh.gif

I remember last year they "broke the story" of how he propsed to his girl or somethin, they spent over an hour callin dude a romantic, a gentlemen,all kinds of crazy @#$%.
grin.gif
Like damn, let the guy live.

Tellin ya, this state nothin but stalker type m^*$#@^@** 's. Stans don't even start to define these people out here.
smh.gif

I bet good money JonFarr got those stories on tape on his Ipod.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
@ Father of the Year once he signs (and not on Father's Day)
laugh.gif

I still don't see Oden panning out though, and the fact that LaMarcus has actually hit a jumper in the NBA makes his offensive skill set way moreattractive than Oden.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

laugh.gif
@ Father of the Year once he signs (and not on Father's Day)
laugh.gif

I still don't see Oden panning out though, and the fact that LaMarcus has actually hit a jumper in the NBA makes his offensive skill set way more attractive than Oden.
I just see Oden being mainly a defensive enforcer which will allow Aldridge to be a slacker on defense. LA still can improve drastically, but itdepends on his work ethic. Never heard much about it because I never kept up with him like that.

^If anything, is my point though. I know Oden is still learning, but from the games I saw he looked sluggish and out of place. I'll admit I didn't seehim play nearly as much as I'm sure some of you did which skews my opinion, and correct me if you guys saw something differently, but I just don't seehim turning out to be that 'enforcer.'

Even though Greg Oden may never live up to the expectations placed on him as the next Bill Russell or David Robinson, I think he'll still be a goodcenter.12-15 PPG and 8-11 RPG is very plausible in due time.

*Waits for CP*

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Even though Greg Oden may never live up to the expectations placed on him as the next Bill Russell or David Robinson, I think he'll still be a good center.12-15 PPG and 8-11 RPG is very plausible in due time.

*Waits for CP*

*Batsignal seen*

I agree that 15 and 9 is possible. Always have maintained it was. Hence, my laughter at them not taking Durant.

Oden will be fine. He'll be a decent player in time. He was not worthy of the #1 pick and people celebrating in the streets.

It's what I been sayin since June of 07.

Sadly, the same thing will happen to Thabeet. Even if he does put up serviceable numbers, it won't compare to what players chosen after him will be doing.

Kurt Rambis to the Twolves

there GM needs to lose his job NOW before they keep on rebuilding for another 10 years

^ I don't think it's final yet, is it? Last I heard he was the frontrunner but it's a done deal?

Everyday I check this thread hoping to see that Knick's have signed Sessions. But I am costantly let down.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I have no faith in the Warriors until they show that they can play together, win some games, and get their management can get their head out of the *#%**.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
c'mon give up on these clowns

nerd.gif
I'm from Nor Cal, my entire fam/friends been W's fans my whole life, I haven't had League Pass for 20 years, so all I got to watch wasthe W's.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
roll.gif
c'mon give up on these clowns

nerd.gif
I'm from Nor Cal, my entire fam/friends been W's fans my whole life, I haven't had League Pass for 20 years, so all I got to watch was the W's.
laugh.gif

How do you go on living?

Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, Mitch,

More recently, Jason Richardson, Jamison, Arenas, Baron, Monta.

Not quite the same kind of talent, but still fun to watch.

Looks like the starting five for ORL opening night will be ..

Jameer
Air Frenchie
VC
Bass
Dwight.

I wonder how they'll start the first ten, that's a lot of changes.

Back
Top Bottom