NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

nerd.gif

the Knicks let rookie Toney Douglas wear #23...

b3810d4c3eaa05aaf9600939901894b8-getty-89643103jg200.jpg

They must've sobered up

^ Damn, I didn't edit on time. I was gonna write "they must be sobering up" but tried to change it to "they must've sobered up" butI forgot to erase "be". Either way, you know what I meant.
laugh.gif

Lebron can buy him a watch or something for the number. Problem solved. Either way I think lebron would change his number to something else. Maybe his Olympicnumber.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Lebron can buy him a watch or something for the number. Problem solved. Either way I think lebron would change his number to something else. Maybe his Olympic number.
Yeah I have a feeling if he signed with a different team he'd get a # change

or knowing LeBron, he'd just change it to piss off the millions of people with Cavs #23 jerseys
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are there any wizards fans on this board? Is Gilbert gonna play this year or what? I haven't heard any news about him at all in a loooong time.

Originally Posted by mistah majestic

Are there any wizards fans on this board? Is Gilbert gonna play this year or what? I haven't heard any news about him at all in a loooong time.
I thought I read an article says his knees are near 100% and he expects a full bounce-back this year.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I thought I read an article says his knees are near 100% and he expects a full bounce-back this year.

Supposedly he lost 15-20 pounds and looks in great shape.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Either Phil is coming back, or the Lakers might make a play at Coach K after the season is up. I mean, Rambis was next in line for the coaching gig in LA.
Nah Franchise, next in line was / is Brian Shaw.

He's more of a players coach, players respond better to him and it looks like he's taking the reign once Phil retires.

The thing is, Rambis was our defensive coach and NONE of the players bought into any of the philosophies he wasteaching.

I'll leave it at that.

"This whole team revolves around Gilbert Arenas. Everybody knows it. Nobody wants to say it, but I'm going to say it. I've been on this team four years - it depends on Gilbert Arenas. We can make as many trades as we want to. When he's healthy and he's playing, we're a dangerous team. When we don't have him, it makes it harder to move the ball; it's hard to get things easy. That's my point of view. If Gilbert is 70 percent, we're going win a lot of games. If Gilbert is 80 percent, we're going be No. 1 in the East. If he's 100 percent, we might win a championship If he's 70 percent, we're still going to be good. But we need him on the court. It's all on Gilbert. I don't want to put pressure on him, because that's my boy. I look at him as a best friend, brother. But it's not pressure to him, because I know what he can do. If he's healthy, it doesn't matter what team we have." - DeShawn Stevenson
They'll be a good team this year though

Arenas/Foye
Stevenson/Young
Butler/Miller
Jamison/Blatche
McGee

but 1st in East?? Championship??
laugh.gif

Should I be happy with the Rambis hiring? (Bigmike don't answer)

Wizards have a pretty good team (especially with a healthy Arenas). They'll compete with a lot of teams & playoffs isn't out of the question atall. That quote is reaching a little but you gotta look at who said it.
nerd.gif

Oh word, bright?

But I thought Shaw was in the running for the Santa Barbra coaching gig or something. I forgot where I read that.

As for GA, he's working out with Grover, along with TMac and JO. Hopefully Tim can work miracles with this bunch.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

LeBron can buy him a watch or something for the number. Problem solved.

laugh.gif

EDIT: I actually kinda feel bad for dude. He's gonna get his @ss booed out of MSG every time he enters a game this season because of the # on his back.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

He's been hooping in this lil tournament here in the Chi suburbs for the past week. Word is he looks really good.

Back
Top Bottom