NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Originally Posted by JPZx

He's going to get his jersey retired?
ohwell.gif
Dude won as many DPY as Mutumbo and was the defensive cornerstone to an underdog Championship team... city of Detroit will retire his jersey for that. Plus why not play at the Vet Min for a couple years in a city that loves you, Chicago secured his financial future.
thats if he gets his #3 back.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

ohwell.gif
Dude won as many DPY as Mutumbo and was the defensive cornerstone to an underdog Championship team... city of Detroit will retire his jersey for that. Plus why not play at the Vet Min for a couple years in a city that loves you, Chicago secured his financial future.

If Allen Iverson couldnt get the 3 I don't think Ben is gonna.

Big Ben's number should absolutely be retired in Detroit. Hell, even more than half of NT thought he should make the Hall a few months ago when it came up.

As for Rubio, he's getting way too much attention for not even stepping on an NBA court yet IMO.

JPZx wrote:
Did the Lakers win the Finals this year?

There's your answer.

A simple yes would have did the trick but then again, I probably should have known
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

ohwell.gif

season was already started
grin.gif
offseason you can change numbers

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

ohwell.gif

season was already started
grin.gif
offseason you can change numbers

you do relize when your traded you can choose any number you want....... and stuckey wears #3 right......

Really? I mean yeah he is the one figure that stands out most from the new-age Detroit Pistons (him and Chauncey IMO).

I just don't see it IMO..

A retiring of the jersey is at least 10 years in the making IMO..
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif
If that was the case, the majority of jersey numbers that are retired by franchises in the NBA, wouldn't be.

I like how most franchises do it: not based on tenure, but rather what the player accomplished while on that team.

Sacramento retiring Divac's & Webber's still has me confused, though... an attempt to draw fans in for a couple nights, maybe?

Divac im not so sure about, but Webber was that dude though.

When you think of Kings, who else do you think of?

I used to love seeing him and Rasheed when he was with Portland battling it out.

i have no problem with webber and Divac getting there number retired because they put a city and team that had no history on the map

a franchise with history like the pistons tho? EH

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif
If that was the case, the majority of jersey numbers that are retired by franchises in the NBA, wouldn't be.

I like how most franchises do it: not based on tenure, but rather what the player accomplished while on that team.

Sacramento retiring Divac's & Webber's still has me confused, though... an attempt to draw fans in for a couple nights, maybe?
Nah man. Divac and Webber, while never leading the Kings to the championship ring, have done a lot on and off the court for the city ofSacramento. And they still do off the court which is a good thing to have from your former players.

I take back the Webber statement. (Not too sure what I saw thinking... it's late)

I'll stand by my Divac statement.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

i have no problem with webber and Divac getting there number retired because they put a city and team that had no history on the map

a franchise with history like the pistons tho? EH
That's what I'm saying, you wanna put KG's # up there in a few years if he stays with the C's?
nerd.gif

There was a thread a while back about players who currently should get their #'s retired. (who have already established their careers).

Tim Duncan
Kobe
Dirk
Shaq
KG
Pierce
Kidd?

Kidd is in question marks for me because although Kidd will likely finish his career in Dallas, his best years were without a doubt in New Jersey.

Detroit has 7 numbers retired, while a team like the Celtics have over 20, but Dallas has two.

To me, if you start adding guys like Ben Wallace, in a few decades you'll run out of numbers for guys to use. I bet most CELTICS fans can't even namehalf of the retired jerseys by number.

Then there's teams like the Jazz, who have very few, and you can pop their names/numbers off like it's nothing. Pistol Pete 7, Mark Eaton 53, JeffHornacek 14, (soon to be Malone/32 and Stockton 12).

When it comes down to it, frankly I don't see Ben Wallace being in the presence of Chuck Daly, Isiah, Laimbeer, Dumars, Vinnie J, Lainer, and Bing.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

You have a problem with Big Ben's number getting retired, but not The Microwave's?
Not really, but Vinnie is definitely on the lower-tier of the Pistons.

Someone brought up the argument of the impact of a player and not his longevity, but I think the length of tenure is just as important, and Vinnie J is that.

Big Ben will get his number retired eventually. He had a big hand in Detroit's come up. I think it's stupid that they retired the #2 in honor of ChuckDaly. They should've just raised a banner with his name, years of tenure, and win total as Pistons Head Coach.

TH0MAS CR0WN wrote:
heat23 wrote:
JPZx wrote:
I was trying to be stealthy
laugh.gif

I know, I'm just being an ***#&!% because I cant sleep and I have to show some houses @ 9am
sick.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

You a Real estate agent?
nerd.gif

Yes sir! I'm a Realtor w/Century21 in MiddleburgHts,OH (I work in the suburbs of Cleveland) , and soon to be a Real Estate Broker in the beautiful State of Florida
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by heat23

TH0MAS CR0WN wrote:
heat23 wrote:
JPZx wrote:
laugh.gif

I know, I'm just being an ***#&!% because I cant sleep and I have to show some houses @ 9am
sick.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

You a Real estate agent?
nerd.gif

Yes sir! I'm a Realtor w/Century21 in Middleburg Hts,OH (I work in the suburbs of Cleveland) , and soon to be a Real Estate Broker in the beautiful State of Florida
pimp.gif

how did you become a heat fan?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by heat23

TH0MAS CR0WN wrote:
heat23 wrote:
JPZx wrote:
laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif

You a Real estate agent?
nerd.gif

Yes sir! I'm a Realtor w/Century21 in Middleburg Hts,OH (I work in the suburbs of Cleveland) , and soon to be a Real Estate Broker in the beautiful State of Florida
pimp.gif

how did you become a heat fan?

well, like most heat fans he became a fan about 3 years ago

......im jp
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom