NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

I like the Celtics green/blk alternatives (I'm a homer too)
me too. im not really a celtic fan though
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

031111mavericks.jpg

pimp.gif
(the jerseys....not the player....)

Wow, when I was searching Google for Mavs jerseys I found this picture:

hardawaylores_vt.jpg

Totally did not know Tim Hardaway played for Dallas during his career. Didn't he also play for the Pacers for a min too??...

good find bro
i did not know too

the gray jerseys we had were awful . . i didn't even like diddy's jerseys that much either.

let's go back to these
pimp.gif
. . maybe throw some nostalgic youth back to jkidd,
laugh.gif
http://
72561417-700391.jpg

dyyhard wrote:

D. Wade was at the Meadowlands making a cameo appearance in a basketball movie titled "Just Wright" with stars Queen Latifah and rapper/actor Common.

roll.gif
�I don't know how Shaq has so much hate for this young man . DW n DHare close friends............Get it done Riles!

edit: Dwight with the African assent
roll.gif
roll.gif

All this uniform talk got me wondering which teams are getting new/alternate unis next season.
nerd.gif

I know the Sixers & Bobcats are getting new unis. Maybe Atlanta will get an alternate red uni.

FTR I like the Mavs green alternate, along with the Lakers, Blazers, Celtics and Cavs alternates.

I'm still pissed at the fact Memphis wasted the 2nd pick on another center after seeing how Haddadi performed in the FIBA Asian Championship. Iran beatChina in the championship game and it seems like Haddadi outplayed Yi in the game. I wish I could've seen him against Yao.

Yi averaged 18ppg and 10rpg in the tournament and led China to a 8-1 record. Haddadi averaged 15ppg and 13rpg and led Iran to a 9-0 record. He had 19pts and17rebs in the championship game against China.

I don't know what Memphis going to do with all these bigs. Maybe we should've just let OKC take Thabeet since they had room on their frontline to givehim enough PT to develop because he's going to have ahard time doing it with a much improved/thinner Gasol and Haddadi starting to come into his own.

so now you regret it huh?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gasol still cant play the 4, and theres no fact denying it. you can make up all the reasons for it, but unless i actually see him SUCCEED playing that role,memphis had a bad draft.
at least they didnt pick rubio
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gasol still cant play the 4, and theres no fact denying it. you can make up all the reasons for it, but unless i actually see him SUCCEED playing that role, memphis had a bad draft.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He's lighter now so we shall see.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gasol still cant play the 4, and theres no fact denying it. you can make up all the reasons for it, but unless i actually see him SUCCEED playing that role, memphis had a bad draft.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
why do people always take my words and twist them?
laugh.gif

when did i ever say i was all for drafting thabeet? of course i want him to succeed, now that he's on my team. i'm hoping for the best from him, but inever wanted him and you know i didn't.

and when did i say gasol will be playing the 4? he's basically a 7'0 scola at this point. more than likely he could probably play a little 4 if memphiswanted him there a few minutes, but he's a true center. i wouldn't put it past him to have such a great season that memphis may be forced to dealthabeet elsewhere. and who are you talking about succeeding in playing a role? gasol or thabeet?

52des1.gif

i never seen dude run the floor like that.
laugh.gif

and memphis had a great draft still, that wasn't the point i was getting at. they could've had a better draft if they would've chose harden/evansat two opposed to thabeet though. it wasn't a good idea to invest time on a big man when we have one of the better centers in the league in only his 2ndyear. we actually drafted on improving our needs unlike some other team.
nerd.gif

and nas, the current memphis road jerseys are crack.
pimp.gif

home is not so
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

when did i ever say i was all for drafting thabeet? of course i want him to succeed, now that he's on my team. i'm hoping for the best from him, but i never wanted him and you know i didn't.

and when did i say gasol will be playing the 4? he's basically a 7'0 scola at this point. more than likely he could probably play a little 4 if memphis wanted him there a few minutes, but he's a true center. i wouldn't put it past him to have such a great season that memphis may be forced to deal thabeet elsewhere. and who are you talking about succeeding in playing a role? gasol or thabeet?

and memphis had a great draft still, that wasn't the point i was getting at. they could've had a better draft if they would've chose harden/evans at two opposed to thabeet though. it wasn't a good idea to invest time on a big man when we have one of the better centers in the league in only his 2nd year. we actually drafted on improving our needs unlike some other team.
nerd.gif
the grizz should bring back that white/teal jersey. maybe that'll bring some more fans in
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no one is twisting anything. when did i ever say you were all for drafting thabeet? everyone knew you wanted rubio, but had thabeet as your backup.
if i remember correctly, i remember you saying having thabeet start at the 5, and gasol at the 4 because he got skinner and faster and blah blah blah.
great draft? drafted on need? thats an pure homeristic statement, but the smiley face makes me think it was a shot at my team, so ill let that go.

and maybe im the only one who actuallyl ikes the black/gold wiz's uniform.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

when did i ever say i was all for drafting thabeet? of course i want him to succeed, now that he's on my team. i'm hoping for the best from him, but i never wanted him and you know i didn't.

and when did i say gasol will be playing the 4? he's basically a 7'0 scola at this point. more than likely he could probably play a little 4 if memphis wanted him there a few minutes, but he's a true center. i wouldn't put it past him to have such a great season that memphis may be forced to deal thabeet elsewhere. and who are you talking about succeeding in playing a role? gasol or thabeet?

and memphis had a great draft still, that wasn't the point i was getting at. they could've had a better draft if they would've chose harden/evans at two opposed to thabeet though. it wasn't a good idea to invest time on a big man when we have one of the better centers in the league in only his 2nd year. we actually drafted on improving our needs unlike some other team.
nerd.gif
the grizz should bring back that white/teal jersey. maybe that'll bring some more fans in
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

no one is twisting anything. when did i ever say you were all for drafting thabeet? everyone knew you wanted rubio, but had thabeet as your backup.
if i remember correctly, i remember you saying having thabeet start at the 5, and gasol at the 4 because he got skinner and faster and blah blah blah.
great draft? drafted on need? thats an pure homeristic statement, but the smiley face makes me think it was a shot at my team, so ill let that go.

and maybe im the only one who actuallyl ikes the black/gold wiz's uniform.

thabeet was never my backup. he was like my 3rd or 4th choice. my list was more like rubio, harden/evans in a split. then, it was thabeet.

and i said they would probably experiment to see how it would work with gasol playing the 4. i didn't want gasol as a full-time 4-man when we don'tneed him there. i don't know how he'll play as a PF, but i'm sure they will experiment it sometime next season.

and a great draft is not a homeristic statement. analysis said it over and over after the draft that we had a great draft. analysis probably would've ratedus as having one of the best off-seasons if we would've went another route other than z-bo. young was a steal in the 2nd round. i didn't want carroll @27, but judging by what i've seen from him he will turn out just fine to put some fire in the team.

like i said, the draft could've been better in terms of our 2nd pick, but its yet to be determined how he will pan out. there were reasons they picked theguy, but i'm hoping it doesn't backfire because most, if not all memphis wanted the alternative (rubio, evans, harden).

I'm just not a fan of all the teams using blue around the league
smh.gif
Utah cloned Memphis once they introduced their new jerseys. I promise (i believe it was the season after Memphis got their new jerseys), Utah cameout with the same color scheme.
smh.gif

heat23 wrote:
dyyhard wrote:

D. Wade was at the Meadowlands making a cameo appearance in a basketball movie titled "Just Wright" with stars Queen Latifah and rapper/actor Common.

roll.gif
�I don't know how Shaq has so much hate for this young man . DW n DH are close friends............Get it done Riles!

edit: Dwight with the African assent
roll.gif
roll.gif

D�H is really�funny
i think he will be best center in NBA next year
�� Shaq 's is gone

Some bench warming bum going off vs other bench warming bums in the Asia world champship shouldn't make you
mad your team took thabeet

Pick harden or evans? There the same top of player oj is. The thabeet pick was fine if they think gasol can play the 4 but then you trade for fat boy zachwhich kills that idea.

Mark Cuban personally killed off those grey Mavs alternates. The color was cool, but the material was terrible. If the Mavs do get another alternate, keep itsimple, and add a reverse version of the road jerseys.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Some bench warming bum going off vs other bench warming bums in the Asia world champship shouldn't make you
mad your team took thabeet

Pick harden or evans? There the same top of player oj is. The thabeet pick was fine if they think gasol can play the 4 but then you trade for fat boy zach which kills that idea.

So, Yi is a scrub now? And Haddadi was the only big to average a double-double in the Olympics last season as well against top competition, so its not againstjust some scrubs.

And Memphis didn't pick Thabeet for Gasol to play the 4. That was never the reason. Memphis needed a legit post threat at the 4. You pick talent over needanyway when you're that high in the lottery. That's why they should've picked one or the other.

But, if Gasol continues to impress I think Memphis will package Thabeet or him in a deal sometime next year. They either will re-sign Gasol or trade him awayif they think Thabeet is ready.

Back
Top Bottom