NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

just read that Iverson might be on his way to the Bulls.......

nerd.gif

I read something like that where its a sign and trade with Gordon. Gordon gets an extra year on his deal and the Bulls get something back, ie, AI. But forDetroit to even agree to it, they're gonna want to unload some contracts on the Bulls, since they'd end up giving up an extra year to BG.

- Magic aren't going to match the Gortat offer, so he'll become a Mav

This is getting more and more frustrating. LeBron's up coming free agency is killing the Cavs right now, and all this love he gives NY is killing us also.I believe it's that more than the whole "it's cleveland" that's making people not sign here. NBA players think LeBron leaving too andthis *@*+ is putting the Cavs in a terrible position to woo other players. I pretty much think we HAVE to sign Marion or the Cavs MIGHT have a problem thiscoming season. Danny Green will help a lil bit, but not enough to put us over the top. One thing to remember though, Orlando isn't gonna be as much of aproblem if Turk leaves. Carter ain't long like him and won't handle the ball as much so the pick and roll will be easier to defend.

Bringing in Shaq meant no running, which means Shawn Marion would be a horrible fit.

Cavs are stuck.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I read something like that where its a sign and trade with Gordon. Gordon gets an extra year on his deal and the Bulls get something back, ie, AI. But for Detroit to even agree to it, they're gonna want to unload some contracts on the Bulls, since they'd end up giving up an extra year to BG.

- Magic aren't going to match the Gortat offer, so he'll become a Mav
It's sad that we cant' keep him, but you can give a reserve more than the MLE.

Well, when you have the best open court player in the league..maybe basketball history, might be a good idea to do it a bit more

Yeah that's true, but you still need a low post threat. I think the Cavs will run a lil more this year, but they don't need to be a "RunningTeam", doesn't win titles.

Cavs are really stuck between a hard place and a rock.

They only got the MLE to acquire a mobile forward, traditional SG and traditional PF. Realistically, I'd target Linas Kleiza with most of the MLE, give therest to Matt Barnes (worked well with Shaq) and re-sign Joe Smith. That would mean letting go of Varejao because he's asking for too much.

Rotation would then be Shaq, Smith, LeBron, Barnes and Mo-stradamous starting with Z, Hickson, Kleiza, Boobie and Delonte coming off the bench.

run a little more?
you aint running jack #+%# with shaq's old legs.
nas, that team stil aint cutting it imo.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- I said this in the Knicks thread, but if Kidd signs with NYK for less money, it's a very telling sign. On different things.
I think I know where you're going but... Explain...
nerd.gif

Well, obviously I don't know why Kidd would come to NY without the assurance bron will be there next season.

Dallas is offering same amount of years and more money.

Plus, if winning was that important to Kidd why not take the MLE with a contender? Can't believe just being close to his kids is THAT big, but respect to him if it is.

Secondly, Walsh knows he can trade Curry if he gives 3 years.

"I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote to The Associated Press. "I know what it is but do not talk much about it."

and imo, knicks fans are crazy for not wanting Kidd, he can still play. Especially in this system? $*+*.
I'm with you, Kidd can still play and if giving him 3 years means we get rid of Curry, then I do it.

On ESPN they said after Iverson had discussions with the Heat that he's becoming more interested in the Grizzlies. I believe its either Memphis orChicago at this point.

Originally Posted by BangDak

run a little more?
Man, exactly
laugh.gif
...I tried my best thinking of a team that can run andexecute in the halfcourt when need be and that roster still isn't getting past L.A., Boston, San Antonio and possibly Orlando.

Unless Ferry got something up his sleeve, it's not going to end well.

If he doesnt mind coming off the bench im all for it.. Memphis had the worst bench in the league and scored like the lowest ppg in the league.. he can come inand take all the shots he wants while Carrol, Thabeet hold down the D
pimp.gif

Bang don't post anymore. You speak as if the Cavs will have Shaq out running the wings on a break. Shaq will be much better with outlet passes than Z andAndy, so it would actually help our fast break.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by BangDak

run a little more?
Man, exactly
laugh.gif
...I tried my best thinking of a team that can run and execute in the halfcourt when need be and that roster still isn't getting past L.A., Boston, San Antonio and possibly Orlando.

Unless Ferry got something up his sleeve, it's not going to end well.
it took me a while trying to read what you wrote. your avy is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

if they want to contend for the championship, they're going to have to start from bottom.
trade z (i know hes loyal and all, but sports is all an business move) +some other bum for someone, lets say boozer.
boozers injury prone and all, but he'll contribute way more then big z. he's just too slow to guard any one.
maybe inquire about prince/rip since they got BG and CV.
idk, just thinkin about a few things that could work off the top of my head
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

maybe even curry?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

myto: just because hes an upgrade over flopajao and big z doesn't mean hes good. hes too old to be running anything.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

QRoss signed with Dallas...I hope he does well.

He does a solid job on defense and hitting baseline jumpers.
He stunk it up the 2nd half of the season. He was pretty solid though during the beginning stages.

If he doesnt mind coming off the bench im all for it.. Memphis had the worst bench in the league and scored like the lowest ppg in the league.. he can come in and take all the shots he wants while Carrol, Thabeet hold down the D
Yea, Memphis needs some scoring. They were 29th in the league in scoring and one of the worse defensive teams. If Memphis brings AI, I would stilllike to experiment OJ at the PG spot JUST to see how it works out. If it doesn't work, then try to move AI to the bench and start Conley.

Some will say moving Mayo to the point would force him to become a distributer rather than a pure scorer and minimizing his biggest strength. But, I think hecan develop a total package. I trust him with the ball in his hands and there were times last season where he set up players perfectly, while Conley justdribbled the entire shot clock out consistently. Turnovers will come, but it'll be a learning experience. Now, if Conley has improved this off-season interms of distributing the ball a lot quicker then I'll forget about OJ being moved to the point.

Back
Top Bottom