NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

It appears a lot of people don't know the difference between a "Running Team", and a team that "Can Run". Running Teams = Knicks,Warriors, Suns, MEM, Heat, Clippers. Can Run = LAL, Cavs, ORL, Celtics. I mean #@+!, Jordan was the best open court player during his era and the bullsweren't a "Running Team".

Originally Posted by henz0

If he doesnt mind coming off the bench im all for it.. Memphis had the worst bench in the league and scored like the lowest ppg in the league.. he can come in and take all the shots he wants while Carrol, Thabeet hold down the D
pimp.gif

grin.gif
I would still roll with OJ and AI in the backcourt and see how thatwould work out.

Chuck in memphis
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

It appears a lot of people don't know the difference between a "Running Team", and a team that "Can Run". Running Teams = Knicks, Warriors, Suns, MEM, Heat, Clippers. Can Run = LAL, Cavs, ORL, Celtics. I mean #@+!, Jordan was the best open court player during his era and the bulls weren't a "Running Team".
what the hell is your point?
im saying shaq cant run AT ALL. dude would get tired way to quick, and fatigue would destroy his body.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

You serious?!

eek.gif

WTH is Orlando doing?
What do you mean? I thought it was common knowledge after they got VC that Hedo was gone, they weren't paying him 10-14 mil that he wanted.Plus Gortat got the full MLE from Dallas. I think VC will have some kind of resurgence in ORL, but the Magic really don't have anything coming off thebench.

Ballinsam23:
just read that Iverson might be on his way to the Bulls.......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The hell's going on?

Ariza from LAL to Hou, Artest from HOU to LAL... ... ... Gordon from CHI to DET, Iverson from DET to CHI... ... ... any other teams want to follow suit? Maybe'Dre from PHI to ATL, Bibby from ATL to PHI?
laugh.gif

Detroit overpaid for Ben Gordon. Dude had a few good performances in the playoffs and all of a sudden gets $10 mil a year

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Yo bhz, what's the word on Hak?

I assume he's leaving with ZBo, Arthur, Carroll manning PF.

I think they're going to renounce his rights now. There's no need of having another non-defensive PF backing up another non-defensive PF.
laugh.gif

I think they going to let Arthur and Carroll role for a while and see how well Arthur improves his game as well. The guy was suppose to have been a latelottery/mid 1st round pick, so he deserves another chance.

orlando never planned on keeping hedo. he was asking way to much.
if he wanted to stay, he wouldn't have opted out.
i dont get why people dont see/understand this.

[h2]Sources: Turkoglu, Blazers agree[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Henry Abbott
ESPN.com
Archive

Hedo Turkoglu has reached an agreement in principle to become a Portland TrailBlazer, according to sources.

Although a verbal commitment may be announced sooner, the terms of the contract cannot be finalized until Wednesday, after the NBA informs teams what nextyear's salary cap will be.

The Orlando Magic's recent trade for Vince Carter, who has a large salary and plays small forward -- which is Turkoglu'sposition -- made it highly unlikely Turkoglu would be back in Orlando.

The Toronto Raptors expressed interest, but that was constrained by their other efforts tokeep Shawn Marion and Carlos Delfino.

Turkoglu, a 6-10 forward from Turkey who played a prominent role in the Magic's recent trip to the NBA Finals, had been looking for a five-year deal inthe neighborhood of $50 million.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

[h2]Sources: Turkoglu, Blazers agree[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Henry Abbott
ESPN.com
Archive

Hedo Turkoglu has reached an agreement in principle to become a Portland Trail Blazer, according to sources.

Although a verbal commitment may be announced sooner, the terms of the contract cannot be finalized until Wednesday, after the NBA informs teams what next year's salary cap will be.

The Orlando Magic's recent trade for Vince Carter, who has a large salary and plays small forward -- which is Turkoglu's position -- made it highly unlikely Turkoglu would be back in Orlando.

The Toronto Raptors expressed interest, but that was constrained by their other efforts to keep Shawn Marion and Carlos Delfino.

Turkoglu, a 6-10 forward from Turkey who played a prominent role in the Magic's recent trip to the NBA Finals, had been looking for a five-year deal in the neighborhood of $50 million.

laugh.gif

I hope it works well for Portland since they wanted the guy that bad.

Bhz I read an article somewhere on 3sob.com that the real reason they traded for Randolph is to keep their cap above the league minimum but under 50M so theorganization still makes a profit, even with sagging attendance and a losing team. All wrapped up under the illusion that they traded for a 'PF that scores20/10'

damn, theres a LOGJAM of sf's for the blazers. outlaw, batum, martell, rudy.... one or two of em has to go, im assuming outlaw.

Man, what the hell are the spurs doing? I don't see them pulling any moves. Jefferson is not going to put them over the hump! I see everyone else pullinggreat moves yet the spurs are trying to sign back their bench...

aubstuh86:
damn, theres a LOGJAM of sf's for the blazers. outlaw, batum, martell, rudy.... one or two of em has to go, im assuming outlaw.
For some reason, I have it in my mind that Rudy had a stance of 'If Turkoglu shows up here in Potland, I'm going back to Spain.'

I don't know if that's in my mind because of something I read it on here or heard it on ESPN or made it up or what, but that's where I thought hismind was.

Originally Posted by kixtension

Detroit overpaid for Ben Gordon. Dude had a few good performances in the playoffs and all of a sudden gets $10 mil a year
Wrong. CHI management is just cheap, Ben has been ballin' for the past 2 years scoring 20 off the bench pretty much every year and the Bullsrefused to give him an extention, yet they paid Deng. BG got exactly what he deserved with this contract and the Bulls are going to regret not even offeringhim a contract, especially when he lights them up for 40 a game when they play the Pistons this year.

Turk...
pimp.gif

Atlanta writer has Houston trying to get Zaza Pachulia down there, since they missed on Gortat.

After signing Ariza to the full MLE, do they even have any $$$ to play with?

Back
Top Bottom