NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

well put BangDak
smokin.gif

Portland is the luckiest team in the NBA ... hedos wife should charge them a rejection fee ... they almost ate a bs contract for a declining player who wouldhave done more harm than good on the blazers ... now they can hopefully feed the best that is rudy his minutes ...

Guerrilla Warfare:
Heats make sumthing happen...
I wouldn't count on it. The Heat definitely appear to be saving their dollars for Summer 2010, and willing to go as far as they can go withjust Wade and some sub par talent around him.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Guerrilla Warfare:
Heats make sumthing happen...
I wouldn't count on it. The Heat definitely appear to be saving their dollars for Summer 2010, and willing to go as far as they can go with just Wade and some sub par talent around him.

Hope you're right Ska......then maybe Wade can be persuaded to come to Chicago.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by KingJames23

In his early years LeBron had nothing around him, I agree he carried that team on his back to the Finals. The Cavs had no business being there. The last few years Ferry has been working to add pieces. Delonte, then Mo, then Shaq. To say the Cavs haven't gone anywhere is simply false.

LeBron has said that he wants to be a billionaire athlete but he also said he wants to win and be the GOAT. You can't do that without winning. The only advantage NY has over Cleveland is that it is NY (and that is a huge advantage). NY's roster is garbage and have as much on the books as Cleveland in 2010 but have less talent (for the love of God Curry and Jefferies make 18 Mil alone), it isn't facilities, it isn't the system (D'Antoni will NEVER win a ring).

Now I'm the one being naive but I'd like to believe that great players care about winning more than money. Name me 1 basketball advantage that NY has over Cleveland. The Spurs built a dynsasty in San Antonio and that isn't paradise. You can win anywhere.

The Cavs now have a Chinese investor who can help market LeBron to the biggest market in the world. Don't underestimate the global scope of the game.
those pieces solve only one of cavs MANY problems. they built the team completely around lebron, but they didn't do a good job at it.
that is an completely false statement. chandler and gallo are great developing prospects, and they can actually make an 3, unlike boobie, wally, sasha whose now gone, or any other scrub no pun intended.
now if you want to talk about coaching, hell cleveland doesnt even have an coach. you should just take mike browns salary and give it to bron cuz hes the one who runs the team.
NY has a lot of basketball advantages. we are in position to sign 2 players to 2 MAX deals, (lebron/bosh hopefully), that alone is an huge upgrade over the cavs roster.
have you seen NY fans? not being conceited, but we are some of the most loyal basketball fans out there. we're knowegable on the 2010 situation, and we have faith in donnie walsh.
you can say those chinese investors can help make him an global icon, although hes already one, but the ny marketing is huge and you can't underestimate that.
The only way the Knicks have 2 max contracts to offer is if someone is dumb enough to take Curry's or Jefferies' contracts off your booksor you don't pick up a player option in 2010. And that assumes you add nobody this off-season that counts in the 2010 off season. The cap is going toshrink or stay at their current levels. Under that scenario the Knicks can't offer 2 max contracts.

Marketing in China>Marketing in NY.

23ska909red02 wrote:
Guerrilla Warfare:
Heat make sumthing happen...
I wouldn't count on it. The Heat definitely appear to be saving their dollars for Summer 2010, and willing to go as far as they can go with just Wade and some sub par talent around him.

You might be right but I would NEVER rule anything out when it comes to Riles.

Originally Posted by heat23

Osh, will Marion still be in play?
Nope unless he wants the MLE, that moron refused our deal for 8 mil per now that douche won't get a penny over the mid level exception.
roll.gif

Free agent forward Hedo Turkoglu changed his mind Friday, deciding not to join the Portland Trail Blazers, opting instead to accept an offer from the Toronto Raptors, sources told ESPN.com.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I'm not being naive because the media shouldn't have a chance to ask Lebron the 2010 questions whether they want to or not, because the one and only thing that Lebron should've done in this situation is say that he won't answer any questions about the topic - rather than leave the door open and entertain the questions before a Cavs game.

This might be a lot to ask since I'm just some NT idiot "finding a reason to hate on Lebron," but this is the ONLY way to show the franchise, the fans, the viewers, the reporters, and prospective teammates that he's completely committed to the Cavaliers. Anything short of that - i.e. consistently entertaining the topic with reporters - would naturally leave some doubt in the franchise, the viewers, the reporters, and prospective teammates, because obviously it's on his mind to some extent.

It doesn't mean that Lebron won't stay in Cleveland and that he doesn't love it there. It just means that he didn't handle it the right way, and players might be wary of the impression they're getting from his actions when weighing whether or not to sign with Cleveland by choice (this being completely different than the GM trading for someone to appease his star, who doesn't have much of a say).

I don't really feel like digging up the interviews and postgame conferences to illustrate my point here, I'm just going off my memory and impression. If he had deflected the topic professionally, my impression of Lebron would've been more favorable - I'm not looking for ways to hate on him. P.S. KingJames23 is getting defensive after someone criticized Lebron James - I don't want to jump to any conclusions here... I admire that you did back up your argument, but just because I criticized your favorite player doesn't mean I wasn't being objective. Please point out where I wasn't being objective and was just "hating"

He doesn't entertain the topic.
He says he'll deal with 2010 in 2010. It's the media constantly taking a %$%+ on Cleveland every chance they get. OMG OMG LeBron wore a Yankee hat to a Cleveland game, he's gone. He makes a special NY sneaker when he comes to NYC, he's gone. He says he likes NYC, he's gone. He's friends with Spike, he's gone. The media is going to talk no matter what. Nobody can control the media from asking those questions, espically the NYC media. The Knicks blow, what else are they going to talk about? When his FA comes up he'll deal with it and make a decision, what else is he supposed to say?

See: MVP acceptance speech.

And yikes for literally not knowing +@# is going on with this basketball team.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Yeah bosh is thinking about staying cuz of hedo ............................ LMAO

That would be a colossal mistake. Hedo is way past his prime.
grin.gif

Toronto is more diverse than New York City?

Interesting.

You wouldn't have any proof of 'most diverse in the world', would you? Just curious.

The only way the Knicks have 2 max contracts to offer is if someone is dumb enough to take Curry's or Jefferies' contracts off your books or you don't pick up a player option in 2010. And that assumes you add nobody this off-season that counts in the 2010 off season. The cap is going to shrink or stay at their current levels. Under that scenario the Knicks can't offer 2 max contracts.

correct, but curry is getting back into game shape, and there has been reports of tmac for curry. hell, even the cavs were interested in curry atone point.
how much marketing in china can he get that would be an huge profit over marketing in ny?
winning in an ring in ny > any marketing he'll get.
do you understand the amount of d-riding this man will get if he brings an chip to ny? they'll praise him for bringing this franchise around, best player,etc. etc.

Originally Posted by BangDak

The only way the Knicks have 2 max contracts to offer is if someone is dumb enough to take Curry's or Jefferies' contracts off your books or you don't pick up a player option in 2010. And that assumes you add nobody this off-season that counts in the 2010 off season. The cap is going to shrink or stay at their current levels. Under that scenario the Knicks can't offer 2 max contracts.

correct, but curry is getting back into game shape, and there has been reports of tmac for curry. hell, even the cavs were interested in curry at one point.
how much marketing in china can he get that would be an huge profit over marketing in ny?
winning in an ring in ny > any marketing he'll get.
do you understand the amount of d-riding this man will get if he brings an chip to ny? they'll praise him for bringing this franchise around, best player, etc. etc.

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt Nike want Lebron in NY over Cleveland
grin.gif

Interesting.

You wouldn't have any proof of 'most diverse in the world', would you? Just curious.
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/282694

Toronto has the second-highest percentage of foreign-born population among world cities, after Miami, Florida. Statistics Canada's 2006 figures indicate that Toronto has surpassed Miami in this year.[sup][66][/sup]While Miami's foreign-born population consists mostly of Cubans and other Latin Americans, no single nationality or culture dominates Toronto's immigrant population, placing it among the most diverse cities in the

Toronto_VisMin_2006.jpeg

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Interesting.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/282694

Toronto has the second-highest percentage of foreign-born population among world cities, after Miami, Florida. Statistics Canada's 2006 figures indicate that Toronto has surpassed Miami in this year.[sup][66][/sup]While Miami's foreign-born population consists mostly of Cubans and other Latin Americans, no single nationality or culture dominates Toronto's immigrant population, placing it among the most diverse cities in the

Toronto_VisMin_2006.jpeg

nerd.gif

^ I'm saying.
laugh.gif

Oh, you need to take that picture out of your sig, please. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom