NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Sorry I haven't been updating as much, been spending time with my girl now that we're both off from school.
lol. did she get you with her myspace angles?

grin.gif

This isn't the Warriors offseason post, so I have no clue what you're talking about.
laugh.gif

(No, she didn't).

(And no, I'm not posting pics).

That trade is pointless...Maybe three years ago, yeah, but now? Besides, why would the Suns do that unless they overhaul their own team, abandoning their uptempo style...Jefferson isn't much of a step up from shaq as far as quickness and overall athleticism.

Regardless of that, Jefferson at this point has much more upside...Hopefully it's just a rumor. Although I like the fact that Kahn is making some noise,albeit it stays noise unless it's something that will benefit this team.

That's not even mentioning the 6th pick...
smh.gif
Nix, nine, no, uh-uh.

No sense from Minnesota's part. While I like they're getting a GM who is willing to make bold moves, they at least have to have a rationale behindthem. And to be honest, Jefferson has a lot more potential than STAT (IMO), and seems to be much more of a team player. As for Steve Kerr and the Suns, I takethat trade and run: you get a top 10 pick, you get a SOLID SOLID forward, and you get rid of your prima donna. The Suns clearly need to get younger, and whatbetter way than a proven, team-oriented guy, coupled with the #6 pick?

Suns should've pulled the trigger already before Minny backs out, if this report is true.

Jefferson + #6 + #14 = a good nucleus since Shaq and Nash are on their way out sooner rather than later.

Steve Kerr would be a genious if he gets this done... your telling me that u could trade a former all star with one year left on his contract that's aboutto cash in this coming offseason for a franchise forward with loads of potential and the 6th overall pick? Lol does minnesota think amare will sign a contractextension with them?

Man, the Suns shoulda already finished that deal if it's on the table. The hell outta here with that.

If they could land those 2, I'd move Shaq and Nash and maybe even Hill if possible for whatever I could get.

Al
6th pick
Barnes
JRcih
Barbosa

And at least 3-4 decent peices from any Shaq/Nash deals.

They could go from one of the oldest teams, to one of the youngest pretty damn fast, and then have a legit chance at a complete overhaul after only a year orso.

^Exxxxactly what I'm saying. And they're clearly not going anywhere with the lineup of Nash, Barnes, Hill, STAT, and Shaq, I mean they didn't evenmake the playoffs. Might as well dump those bad contracts and some age and re-build.

And every second longer they hold onto Nash or Shaq, their value decreases.

You know for a fact Ney York would give up a decent player or two for Nash. You know they would. D'Antoni would give a kidney to get his girlfriend back.
And I think someone would give away a bench guy for Hill for just a year or two. A playoff type team.

I don't know about Shaq. His value may be decent, but his demands may not be, he could be a difficult move.

No way that was a proposed offer...Like most have said, that trigger would've been pulled from the get-go.

Probably just Minnesota's new GM Kahn fishin' around for possible value.

man i do hope kobe takes a pay cut...i hope he now knows that signing ariza and odom for a couple more years means prob more rings in his fingers...ihonestly think if the cavs wanna keep bron theyre gonna have to find someone younger...shaq is not the answer...but wow the wolves are dumb if they tradejefferson

Originally Posted by Executive76

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/coach?id=81
[h3]Will Nuggets extend Karl's contract?[/h3]
George Karl | Nuggets
Upgrade to Insider today to access Rumor Central
I hope not
tired.gif

same here. I'd like to see a more vibrant coach at the reigns. a guy that will get up and yell at officials, yell at his team, show somekind of heart in the game. game 6 of the WCF gk was leaning against the scorer's table sucking on mints all game like it was pre-season. I've prettymuch had it with dude.

I also suspect (and hope) the Nuggets are quietly planning something. last year I remember people talking about the Nuggets planning something for summer 09. whatever happened with our 10 million dollar trade exception from the Camby trade? did we use that? did it disappear? did they get some kind of extension touse that beyond 1 year? can we do somethign with kenyon now that he's been playing decent and the end of his contract is at least on the horizon (2 moreyears I think)? can we package kleiza in a deal with martin to get a yonger PF or C and a draft pic or something? we also need a young backup PG to learnunder Chauncey for a couple years. Nuggets have some work to do. people will expect a lot from them this comnig season. Nuggets fans have any speculation?

Nixed in the sense Minny said hell nah are you crazy, or nixed in the sense the Suns are idiots and rejected it?

Ohh so Amare basically said he's not signing no extension and the TWolves are basically getting a one year rental so no deal. Makes sense.

Ok just read that it was the Suns who made the offer and Minny said no.

Makes even more sense now
laugh.gif

im sorry that this is irrelevant, but can someone explain Tay's struggling production towards the end of the season/playoffs? Is it just that he's nota go-to-guy and just needs excellent supporting players around him. There were many plays in that Cleveland series where he would go nowhere on the dribble anduse his post-up as a safeguard. So essentially agree on the Gordon trigger b/c I think he needs that a good guard scorer to get him going.

We don't know much about Kahn yet...but at least we know he's not a complete dumb %#+#
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Back
Top Bottom