NBA Planning to Purchase the New Orleans Hornets

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

So steal a team from New Orleans and take em back to Seattle? How does anyone win here? $$%$ Seattle, everyone talking like they miss something about seattle. They were garbage for years and they never did anything relevant besides draft Durant. If it means taking a team from a city that was struck with hard times and negligence 5 years ago, THAN NO. The NBA is finally doing a good job. Keep that team in NO.

indifferent.gif

No wonder your father left...

So steal a team from New Orleans and take em back to Seattle? How does anyone win here? $$%$ Seattle, everyone talking like they miss something about seattle. They were garbage for years and they never did anything relevant besides draft Durant. If it means taking a team from a city that was struck with hard times and negligence 5 years ago, THAN NO. The NBA is finally doing a good job. Keep that team in NO.

indifferent.gif

No wonder your father left...

So steal a team from New Orleans and take em back to Seattle? How does anyone win here? *#+% Seattle, everyone talking like they miss something about seattle. They were garbage for years and they never did anything relevant besides draft Durant. If it means taking a team from a city that was struck with hard times and negligence 5 years ago, THAN NO. The NBA is finally doing a good job. Keep that team in NO.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this dude talking like he knows what he's talking about. that's good man. 

So steal a team from New Orleans and take em back to Seattle? How does anyone win here? *#+% Seattle, everyone talking like they miss something about seattle. They were garbage for years and they never did anything relevant besides draft Durant. If it means taking a team from a city that was struck with hard times and negligence 5 years ago, THAN NO. The NBA is finally doing a good job. Keep that team in NO.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this dude talking like he knows what he's talking about. that's good man. 

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

does the city of seattle have the rights of the Sonic's name?  

Yeap, they were able to retain the rights to the Sonics name and colors. I doubt they'd move to Seattle without a new arena. That was one of the reasons why they lost a team in the first place. The recessions had something to do with it too. The city was in debt and couldn't really finance a new arena.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

does the city of seattle have the rights of the Sonic's name?  

Yeap, they were able to retain the rights to the Sonics name and colors. I doubt they'd move to Seattle without a new arena. That was one of the reasons why they lost a team in the first place. The recessions had something to do with it too. The city was in debt and couldn't really finance a new arena.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

roll.gif
LOL at that gif. but yeah if the hornets were to move somewhere else, i think seattle would be the best destination. all you hear about is guards coming out of seattle playing in the nba now. it seems they have a rich basketball culture. too bad they didn't have a chance to enjoy durant and westbrook.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

roll.gif
LOL at that gif. but yeah if the hornets were to move somewhere else, i think seattle would be the best destination. all you hear about is guards coming out of seattle playing in the nba now. it seems they have a rich basketball culture. too bad they didn't have a chance to enjoy durant and westbrook.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by PMatic

Doesn't Seattle still have to get a new arena?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen as long as Stern in power.
Steve Balmer would build his own arena. He is that crazy as a basketball fan.

The NBA can keep dreaming that they'll find a buyer who wants to keep them in New Orleans...but it's not happening. You don't say no to Balmer (and Jim Sinegal, Costco CEO, who would likely be in an ownership group).

30t6p3b.gif
why didnt he do that when the team was about to move?

I no the starbucks dude try to step in after they lost the team, but seattle dropped the ball.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by PMatic

Doesn't Seattle still have to get a new arena?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen as long as Stern in power.
Steve Balmer would build his own arena. He is that crazy as a basketball fan.

The NBA can keep dreaming that they'll find a buyer who wants to keep them in New Orleans...but it's not happening. You don't say no to Balmer (and Jim Sinegal, Costco CEO, who would likely be in an ownership group).

30t6p3b.gif
why didnt he do that when the team was about to move?

I no the starbucks dude try to step in after they lost the team, but seattle dropped the ball.

I always had a soft spot in my heart for the city of Seattle. I would really like Seattle to get another basketball team.

I always had a soft spot in my heart for the city of Seattle. I would really like Seattle to get another basketball team.

Back
Top Bottom