NBA Rookie Watch

Making beats?
laugh.gif

Babies?

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Mike's producing more than just points lately...and I'm not talking basketball.
SMH.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Damn Mike...Maybe you shoulda been paying attention during that rookie symposium
laugh.gif

Unless it was w/ a longterm GF or non-JO

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Pooh does have a history of not getting the calls that he deserves when he drives. You can say its because he's a rookie or because he creates contact or whatever other excuse you want to use but it has gotten to the point where it's frustrating to watch.
ohwell.gif

But the two reason you point out are the two reasons he does not get the calls that you want (I say this as a fan) or feel he should get. Its how the L works...as a rookie you aren't handed anything, the refs will ease up and hand him fouls with time. But also, possibly the only guard in the league who initiates more contact is D-Wade.....and coming into this season, where was Rose? Working with out with D-Wade in Chicago. Its only time before you see Rose sitting at the line and shooting 10+ free throws a game.
When this time comes... I'll be

561250846a7e68ad51fa6c3c1f839064a0cecce.gif

Pooh does have a history of not getting the calls that he deserves when he drives. You can say its because he's a rookie or because he creates contact or whatever other excuse you want to use but it has gotten to the point where it's frustrating to watch.
ohwell.gif

But the two reason you point out are the two reasons he does not get the calls that you want (I say this as a fan) or feel he should get. Its how the L works...as a rookie you aren't handed anything, the refs will ease up and hand him fouls with time. But also, possibly the only guard in the league who initiates more contact is D-Wade.....and coming into this season, where was Rose? Working with out with D-Wade in Chicago. Its only time before you see Rose sitting at the line and shooting 10+ free throws a game.

e0035f3ab29fa91e12cd5cba900c423c33af605.jpg

Originally Posted by dreClark

ohwell.gif

e0035f3ab29fa91e12cd5cba900c423c33af605.jpg

Nah... More like this...

I forgot that man actually got drafted.
laugh.gif
Realistically how's he looking

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

No one mentioned Eric Gordon's 41 point performance? Highest total for any rookie so far this season.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
dudes be sleepin on Eric Gordon...If his team was winning, he wouldseriously be in the ROY talk...

I am truly blessed to be playing pro ball in my hometown. The fans here are amazing. I really can't believe it sometimes.

My mother Brenda, my friends and all my relatives didn't make it down to Memphis to see me play a lot in college, but now they come to almost every home game. I thought LeBron James was the luckiest guy in the world to get drafted #1 and play in his hometown, and now I get to experience the same thing.

My family has had a huge impact on my life, and since draft night back in June our relationship has only gotten stronger. My mom keeps me grounded and pulls me back when she thinks my head gets too big, and my brothers Dwayne, Reggie and Allan make sure I stay on the right path. My family doesn't hide anything from me. They are honest and they let me make choices and learn from my mistakes just like any young man should. Having them close as my support system has really made my transition to the NBA a smooth one.

Going back to Memphis last month for our game against the Grizzlies brought back a lot of memories. It was nice to see familiar faces on campus and while walking down Beale Street. Eating at The Blues City Cafe made me feel like I was in college again -- the barbeque there is awesome. I would have liked to hang out with Coach Calipari and the rest of my former teammates while I was there, but they had to leave for a road game against Georgetown that night.

I was only 9 years old when the Bulls won their last championship, but I can still vividly remember when MJ hit that shot over Bryon Russell in Utah against the Jazz. My entire neighborhood was going nuts -- people running outside, jumping around -- and I remember my brothers telling me I was too young to celebrate on the street, so I stayed back on my porch and took it all in. It was crazy. The neighborhood was one big party.

My teammates and Coach Del Negro have been great at helping me get used to the NBA. The flow of the game is so fast, and guys are stronger and quicker than in college -- it's a totally different game. We have a lot of veteran guys on this team who have been around, and I respect their advice and willingness to help me. Lindsey and Kirk have helped me understand the point guard position, but I'm really learning from everyone. Off the court I'm learning how to take care of my body, sleep right and stay away from the wrong places. I had a bad habit in college where I ate way too much candy -- Gummi Bears in particular -- so I've had to change that.

I'm a simple, low-key guy. When I'm away from basketball I like to get as much rest as I can, watch movies (anything with Will Smith), play ping pong and stay in constant contact with my friends.

Right now we're still on the brink of making the Playoffs. To get there we've got to lock down on defense. When we push the ball on offense and run up and down, we're a tough team to stop, but it all starts with defense. Everyone on the team is working hard every day. We all want to win, and I can guarantee we'll always show up and do our very best. We realize that we're responsible for the effort put forth on the floor -- we want to make you proud.

Finally, I'd like to thank you for all your support and tell you that it's an honor for me to play in front of my hometown fans. Once you get to know me, you'll realize that I'm just a humble, hard-working young guy who wants to win in the worst way. And we will.

See you at the UC soon,

Jason Thompson has put up 15.7 pts, 8.2 rbs in 30.9 mins on 60.0 FG% and 87.8 FT% over his last 10 games.
pimp.gif

If he learns to stay out of foul trouble, he could easily be productive starter in the league for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom