NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
He's 19 year old 4 summer league games into his career.

Cut him some slack.

And Tim Duncan played 4 years of college ball and his FT percentage got worse from his 1st year to 4th and left college shooting 68%.

People just wanna jump on Jah, he's showed his skills man, every rookie is a work in progress.

Didn't hear none of these complaints when he dropped 20 the other day.

He's 19 year old 4 summer league games into his career.

Cut him some slack.

And Tim Duncan played 4 years of college ball and his FT percentage got worse from his 1st year to 4th and left college shooting 68%.

People just wanna jump on Jah, he's showed his skills man, every rookie is a work in progress.

Didn't hear none of these complaints when he dropped 20 the other day.
My assessment includes the 20 point game.  Dude got his shot put back in his face about a good 3 times in that game because he was slow getting the ball to the basket.

JJ is right though.  He's 19.  It's summer league.  I'm being that guy.  I obviously want him to be great.  I'm just speaking generally though when I say I don't love his game.

SL isn't the end all be all but Vaders evaluating Okafor just like he should. SL is about how you look, not numbers. Obviously it doesn't mean he won't get better but the stuff he's struggling with aren't easily correctable when playing against better more physical athletes, smarter defenders, etc. I'm seeing a lot of Brook Lopez to his offensive game which is good and bad. Brook gets away with some crazy stuff because he's 7'1, is pretty explosive, shoots 75 to 80% from the line and has elite touch around the rim. Then again, it's tough for big men to play with garbage guards so can't blame Okafor too much.

You or anybody know if Stauskas will be playing in the Vegas league?

I know he's going to be at the team canada traning camp for olympic qualifying, not sure if that overlaps with summer league.
I know Sim Bhullar (
sick.gif
eyes.gif
)is gonna be at like 2 games before taking off for Canada stuff

Last edited:
Hunter. :pimp:

I know it's a byproduct of his game, but I don't like the way Okafor holds the ball and his unorthodox floaters. His footwork and awareness is insane though.

I read that one of the reasons the lakers passed on oak is that they viewed him as a 4 and I'm starting to see that. I think he'll be ok but it is kind of surprising how he's not pushing anybody off the block with his size

Bra what happened with siva he was never special to bwgin with but he looks jus plain bad

he started playing better pretty much the minute after i posted that.:lol:

still love his game, he just hasn't figured out you gotta hunt your shot in summer league.

Okafor's offensive game is impressive. He had a play early in the 1's quarter where he drove to the rim from the top of the key, lost possession of the ball for a second, but still got the shot off (and it went in). If he can develop a good mid-range, I think he could end up being something along the lines of a Al Jefferson.

R.J. Hunter looks like a dude that will be out the league in 2-3 years.
Also has one od those faces you wanna punch

Back
Top Bottom