NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
their parents are to blame. apparently If they had older siblings in the NBA, they would have been drafted.

Absolutely. Or if their brother just killed it at a mid major college, and was playing well in the NBA.

I mean, part of the Marquise Teague hype was he was Jeff Teague's younger brother. That, plus playing at Kentucky and HS hype helped his sorry *** get drafted in the first round.

He's out the league now.

Hype isn't what gets you drafted tho. Do you really believe that Gar Forman walks in a war room on draft day and says "part of the reason we're going to take Marquise Teague is because his brother is Jeff Teague"?

The Coco monster landed a 2-year after one SL game? good for him

I'm still worried about dude. In one of his practice interviews he was constantly fidgeting with his nose. Was making me nervous :lol:. But if he can survive sin city he may have turned himself around

Hype isn't what gets you drafted tho. Do you really believe that Gar Forman walks in a war room on draft day and says "part of the reason we're going to take Marquise Teague is because his brother is Jeff Teague"?

No, but it matters. More than you think. Look at any scouting report of a prospect with NBA bloodlines. It's always mentioned. They view it as genetics and "knowing the culture" of the NBA and being able to adjust.

My main point is it's very reasonable to think Seth Curry would've had a great career at Liberty. Considering he averaged 20ppg as a freshman on a 23 win team full of freshman.

With him coming into his own in an era more prone to selecting mid major scoring guards in the first round, coupled with him being the brother of a mid major star that had success in college and the NBA just a few years prior...it's not far fetched to think he would've been a first round prospect had he stayed at Liberty.

Last edited:
You do know that hype is pretty much what got Teague drafted tho right ? :lol: ...if he was marquise jones from UAB that wasnt a high school all american, no way he sniffs the 1st round with the same talent/production :smh:

Alotta players that suck gets drafted when they shouldnt due to hype, high school status, or the prgram they go to etc... Dan Orton is another one :x, rode the Wall and Cousins wave to being a 1st round pick

Last edited:
25 mins until the Kris Porzingis show
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Let's see if the hype is real boys

You do know that hype is pretty much what got Teague drafted tho right ? :lol: ...if he was marquise jones from UAB that wasnt a high school all american, no way he sniffs the 1st round with the same talent/production :smh:

Alotta players that suck gets drafted when they shouldnt due to hype, high school status, or the prgram they go to etc... Dan Orton is another one :x, rode the Wall and Cousins wave to being a 1st round pick

nba franchises are not sitting in the board room making decisions based on "hype". This is the highest level of basketball in the world. You must understand what type of talent it takes to even become a prospect. It's fun for message board back and forth but that's not how real life works from the actual perspective of NBA franchises.

Marquise Teague was a 5 star prospect on the amateur level, he went thru all of the same stages as the rest of his peers and was an elite player. He earned his way to Kentucky. Same with Daniel Orton.

You can't keep running on "what if" hypothetical talk. The overall reality is that the "didn't pan out" list is much longer than the "made it" list and players top out at certain levels. Some players work out, more players don't.

My final point is that this "family/hype" stuff everyone is talking about does not really matter when it comes into making it to the NBA and sustaining a career. That is very difficult in and of itself. Business decisions and the people who decide who gets these opportunities are not based on **** like who your family is.

If Seth Curry was going to be drafted out of the collegiate level and sustain a career...he would have done it because he was/is was capable of it. Not because he was the son of Dell Curry and the brother of Stephen Curry.

Last edited:
BRB going to my middle name to Jordan and last name to Bryant and hack ancestry.com

Naw don't even have to type that much but guys like Teague /Orton get drafted on stuff other than their talent and production ...even when coming into the league it would be hard to find anybody that truly believed they would do anything in the NBA but collect some checks and flame out after a couple years

Breen starting duties early, can't believe I'm hearing his voice so soon and Clyde as much as he's ridiculous I like him for some reason 
roll.gif

Where's that man Kris 
mean.gif

Tuned in to watch but he ain't getting no time.. he injured or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom