NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
You trollin?

Team never would've pulled a Davidson run because they don't have Davidson talent.

Wouldn't have needed to. By his junior year he would have been putting up lillard like production at liberty, who didn't even make the tournament either.

NBA is a copycat league. It's all about what's en vogue. Steph curry to me is why d lillard was looked at so fondly, why cj was looked at in such high regard. The gamble on the mid major at the time would have placed Seth right in the league due to his production, and storyline that comes with him being steph curry's brother at a mid major averaging 26ppg
yea I think dudes are forgetting that he woulda been Steph's lil brother following up right after him with some crazy numbers ...he put up like 20 ppg as a freshman , woulda had s better chance at being a 1st rounder at liberty putting up numbers than at Duke being a solid player

You trollin?

Team never would've pulled a Davidson run because they don't have Davidson talent.

Steph was the man but he had some decent mid major talent around him. Liberty don't have ****...hell Davidson jumped up conferences and still hold their own. Their coach is [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Not even about a tourney run. Dame Lillard never played in the tourney. Cam Payne didn't either.

I mean scouts started to pick him apart like Crazy when he got to Duke. He averaged 17 his senior year. But the years between, he had to split time, play different roles etc.

What scouts would've looked at if he stayed at Liberty is if he could play well against NBA level players. Him having a big game against a power conference school would matter a lot more than his team making some tourney run.

You can't tell me that's Steph Currys brother averaging like 28ppg at a mid major would go undrafted.

Weber St was playing a decent non conference schedule and their conference was better than liberty conference.

Playing high point, vmi, charleston southern, and etc...wouldn't have gotten him that 1st round grade. He also went to Duke for god sakes! How is that not a boost...if the jump still didn't make gms take him then they didn't have him graded as a 1st round pick at all

Keith Hornsby put up good numbers at unc Asheville...he's at LSU now and dude ain't sniffing the first round

Big sky and MVC >>>>>>>>>>>> big south conference

Like they're literally one level up from the Meac ...conference is weak

Did liberty even win the conference when he was there? Coastal Carolina or Winthrop is always winning it

Last edited:
Seth not a PG, Duke tried playing him their and gave up on it.

and the D-league is filled with 6'2 guys who can stroke it, untill he gets his handle and passing to the point where he can reliably play 1 he will always be looked at as a fringe talent.

I mean if Jimmer can barley hack it why is Seth Curry going to?

Last edited:
Big sky and MVC >>>>>>>>>>>> big south conference

Like they're literally one level up from the Meac ...conference is weak

They are not STEPH CURRY'S little brother. Bloodlines play a huge part in the NBA. Scouts mention it. Obviously Seth is an NBA calibre player.

His team was 23-12 with and finished 2nd in the big south as a Freshman. He averaged 20ppg & 4apg.

You really don't think a possible tournament appearance, coupled with insane production, also with mid major guards being en vogue, and additionally his brother blowing up and his father being in the NBA wouldn't have had him a first rounder?

He goofed going to Duke.

Seth got a middle game where as Jimmer showed he simply doesn't

I'd like to see Seth at least get a chance to prove he doesn't belong

Seth not a PG, Duke tried playing him their and gave up on it.

and the D-league is filled with 6'2 guys who can stroke it, untill he gets his handle and passing to the point where he can reliably play 1 he will always be looked at as a fringe talent.

I mean if Jimmer can barley hack it why is Seth Curry going to?

EXACTLY.

It's not even about whether or not he's "good enough" to play in the league and stick.

I think the combination of his production at liberty, and him being the brother of the new midmajor guard trailblazer would have gotten him drafted, maybe in the first round.

He can't create his shot against NBA talent though, he's always gonna look good playing against other fringe guys.

He can't defend in the least bit and unless you run him off a million screens, he's not getting his own shot in the L.

Cmon now, Seth has been playing in the D-league and Summer league, showing off his "middle game". Jimmer would DESTROY the d-league bet you see his "middle game" then. :lol:

Jimmer is more athletic too.

So why is he still fighting to get his shot in the league? Since it's all about bloodlines :lol:

I hope Seth get his shot but just because someone is first round talent doesn't automatically make their little brother first round talent :lol:

I didn't see y'all calling Chris smith first round talent [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I give jr props getting him that NBA money for a year with the Knicks though

He can't create his shot against NBA talent though, he's always gonna look good playing against other fringe guys.

He can't defend in the least bit and unless you run him off a million screens, he's not getting his own shot in the L.
We've seen weirder happen

If he's "always going to look good playing against other fringe guys" by definition I think he should get a shot to prove he doesn't belong

So why is he still fighting to get his shot in the league? Since it's all about bloodlines :lol:

I hope Seth get his shot but just because someone is first round talent doesn't automatically make their little brother first round talent :lol:

I didn't see y'all calling Chris smith first round talent [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I give jr props getting him that NBA money for a year with the Knicks though

Man I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying.

I never said he is a first round talent, or even have success in the NBA.

But if he stayed at Liberty, SCOUTS would have LOOKED at him as a first round talent. Because of Production x Bloodlines x Mid Major Guards success

That is what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Cmon now, Seth has been playing in the D-league and Summer league, showing off his "middle game". Jimmer would DESTROY the d-league bet you see his "middle game" then.
laugh.gif

Jimmer is more athletic too.
Like I said, I'd like to see him get a chance to prove he really doesn't belong

If he's consistently doing well in these situations give him a shot

Brady Heslip is a another 6'2 non athlete shooting guard. In his D league rookie year averaged more points than Seth as a rookie, same PER, he also went to Europe averaged 30 pts a game there. Should he be in the NBA?

There are countless numbers of these guys.

Man I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying.

I never said he is a first round talent, or even have success in the NBA.

But if he stayed at Liberty, SCOUTS would have LOOKED at him as a first round talent. Because of Production x Bloodlines x Mid Major Guards success

That is what I'm saying.

And I still disagree

He plays nothing like his brother, AT ALL.

I followed Steph and went to his games in college....like you just knew dude had special talent (never thought he would be the NBA MVP) but you knew he would be in the league. I could never say the same about Seth. He's a good player and he might earn his spot but staying at liberty wouldn't have hyped him to the first round.

Brady Heslip is a another 6'2 non athlete shooting guard. In his D league rookie year averaged more points than Seth as a rookie, same PER, he also went to Europe averaged 30 pts a game there. Should he be in the NBA?

There are countless numbers of these guys.

Really tried comparing Heslip to Seth Curry. Heslip is a spot up shooter. Seth has an in between game ands handles the ball WAAAAY more than Heslip.

Not even going to get into that. The point I was trying to make is the perception of Seth Curry would be different had he just stayed at Liberty.

And I'm not even saying Seth CAN'T be an NBA player, I'm just saying the competition is fierce. and there are lots of guys who are like him who also haven't gotten a shot.

It's not surprising that he hasn't gotten a shot.

And I still disagree

He plays nothing like his brother, AT ALL.

I followed Steph and went to his games in college....like you just knew dude had special talent (never thought he would be the NBA MVP) but you knew he would be in the league. I could never say the same about Seth. He's a good player and he might earn his spot but staying at liberty wouldn't have hyped him to the first round.

I'm not even saying he has to play anything like his brother. But his production and name would've been too crazy for scouts to pass up on had he stayed at Liberty. Nate Wolters got drafted early in the 2nd round. I think Seth would've been a late first round pick at Liberty.

He goes to Duke, his flaws get exposed and scouts pick him apart on a national stage. Bad decision for him.

Back
Top Bottom