NBA Summer League Las Vegas Thread VOL. Sacramento Kings Depending Champs!

Who will win Summer League 2015?

• Heat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Warriors

• Timberwolves

• Lakers

• Bucks

• D-League Select

• Knicks

• Pelicans

• 76ers

• Kings

• Jazz

• Other

• Total voters
Why did mudiay drop so low in the draft? I was almost sure he would go top 4. Did he have bad workouts with teams? It's almost like he disappeared when everyone was analyzing talent
funny thing is he was clearly the best PG coming outta high school ...but soon as he signed to go to China that disappeared ... It's the effect of seeing players in college on a daily basis

Why did mudiay drop so low in the draft? I was almost sure he would go top 4. Did he have bad workouts with teams? It's almost like he disappeared when everyone was analyzing talent
Only teams that needed him were the Lakers, 76ers, Knicks and Kings. Lakers went with Russell because Magic lobbied for it apparently. 76ers, well, Hinkie's fetish. Knicks, well, Phil's triangle fetish. Kings, well, they knew they'd get Lawson or Rondo and Boogie wanted WCS. Magic weren't going to draft a PG with Payton on board and their need for a scorer.

funny thing is he was clearly the best PG coming outta high school ...but soon as he signed to go to China that disappeared ... It's the effect of seeing players in college on a daily basis

Exactly.

I don't know why folks would think that the kid who was obviously the best pg prospect for years was suddenly not after 1 year of playing in China.

Yeah, he's trip to China seems to be the biggest factor. I even caught on the Russell hype but after watching Mudiay's workouts, I could not tell who was going to have a better future. It was mainly the media analysis on Russell vs the workout videos of Mudiay for me.

Either way, I think everybody in the top 11 won...except for NY.

Only teams that needed him were the Lakers, 76ers, Knicks and Kings. Lakers went with Russell because Magic lobbied for it apparently. 76ers, well, Hinkie's fetish. Knicks, well, Phil's triangle fetish. Kings, well, they knew they'd get Lawson or Rondo and Boogie wanted WCS. Magic weren't going to draft a PG with Payton on board and their need for a scorer.

Thankfully it worked out for the best for Philly. What was strange was not that teams did not pick him (I get Orlando and Sactown) but how I would not read one article on how good Mudiay was. Even here in NT I wouldn't hear as much about him as the other prospects.

Either way, Denver got their PG of the future.

I was one of the few people pumping up Mudiay :lol: folks thought I was nuts for it. Kid is gonna be very good on both ends.

And before lakers fans and ppl that live by whatever the media says come in here ...most ppl ain't trying make it a Russel vs Mudiay thing , just that Mudiay been a top level prospect and we won't be surprised if he blows up ...even if "he did just play a few games in China " :lol:

I was one of the few people pumping up Mudiay :lol: folks thought I was nuts for it. Kid is gonna be very good on both ends.

I'm the president of the Mudiay and Okafor fan club.

Been saying they should be the #1 & #2 prospects since 2013. I know it's just summer league, but it's obvious with these guys.

Scouts fatigue, perception and trends have a lot to do with how we view prospects.

Been saying they should be the #1 & #2 prospects since 2013. I know it's just summer league, but it's obvious with these guys.

Scouts fatigue, perception and trends have a lot to do with how we view prospects.

Yup, that's why we saw so many Russell = Curry comparisons when that really isn't a good comp.

Perception and trends is what made porzingis go number 4. Lol it's always a red flag when someone out of nowhere suddenly shoots up the charts because of good workouts.

Another thing I've noticed is that Jahs defence is not as bad as scouts make it out to be. Maybe it's just summer league but no red flags on that end so far.

Porzingis was rumored to be a lotto pick in 2014, he didn't just magically shoot up the board. Ford has pegged him as a top five pick since last summer.

Porzingis was rumored to be a lotto pick in 2014, he didn't just magically shoot up the board. Ford has pegged him as a top five pick since last summer.

Key word is Chad Ford.

Chad ford is known to hype up foreign prospects near draft time. See Exum, Kris etc.

Key word is Chad Ford.

Chad ford is known to hype up foreign prospects near draft time. See Exum, Kris etc.

please, everyone had him as a lottery pick last year, he didn't play in siberia he played in the second best basketball league in the world.

You really think the NBA needed Chad Ford to hype up a 7-2 guys playing well as a 19 year old against grown *** men? cmon. :lol:

Last edited:
If Kristaps Prozingis "came out of nowhere" then every european who has ever been drafted in came "out of nowhere"

Porzingis was rumored to be drafted by the Thunder in 2014. GM Presti wanted Porzingis to stay in the 2014 draft class so he can draft him at 21. Presti was ready to offer his both first round picks to move up to grab Porzingis. Presti is very high on Porzingis. That says something special about Porzingis.

please, everyone had him as a lottery pick last year, he didn't play in siberia he played in the second best basketball league in the world.

You really think the NBA needed Chad Ford to hype up a 7-2 guys playing well as a 19 year old against grown *** men? cmon. :lol:

Boy you stay caping for Chad ford. Never said he came outta nowhere. But he rose from a lottery pick to a top 4 pick and some people saying he's the best prospect in the draft.

Ford had a lot do to with that.

Boy you stay caping for Chad ford. Never said he came outta nowhere. But he rose from a lottery pick to a top 4 pick and some people saying he's the best prospect in the draft.

Ford had a lot do to with that.

NBA teams aren't influenced by chad freaking ford man.

I had Mudaiy above Kristaps on my board. but to act like it;'s strange that a 7-2 dude shooting 45% from 3 in the toughest league outisde the NBA is somehow strange or becuase of "chad ford" that's crazy.

Chad Ford was also hyping Justise Winslow yet he fell to 10.

laugh.gif
 NBA executives are not going by what Chad Ford is saying. How is that even logical? 

Porzingis was a known commodity and was considered a top pick a year+ ago

Isn't that Kyle Lowry around 2:25 trying to get on the Porzingis hype train saying he's been saying he's a top pick since last year 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom