NBA to hold first Slam Dunk-In during All-Star Weekend (DeRozan vs. Eric Gordon)

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Wait wait...so you have to win a dunk contest to be IN a dunk contest?

laugh.gif
that is asking for an Xzibit meme.

I guess I'll be the first to say it...

[Magic] The dunk contest is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Magic]

indifferent.gif

who cares? I'm all for more dunking even on separate days...however loser should not be allowed to be at AStar weekend and be forced to go home rightafter the contest.

also if I were Shannon, I'd be insulted.

laugh.gif
They just need to go back to the format from the 80's to early90's.

Demar DeRozan just Tweeted to tune into TNT to see who's partcipating. So I guess he's part of the dunk-in, or, one of the All-Star Saturdaypartcipants.

Dwight has come out and said he's out, and he thinks Lebron ain't going to do it either.

So, so much for that

Maybe they should have the fans just vote for the participants, like they do with the actual all-star game.

Stern can use his "influence" to make sure that the players that end up being selected participate...unless the fans do something stupid like votefor Steve Nash

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I think it's a ploy to get more people to watch the Rookie Challenge...
For sure.

God knows there will be an 80 page thread on NT for this thing
laugh.gif

No doubt it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$ SMH... some scrub team should just sign James White so this can actually be legit
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Why not, it's the %!@%!$+ forsh-soph game, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Wasnt this the year it was suposed to be star studded again? AKA LeBron, VC, TMac, whoever...

This is definitely a ploy to get viewership up. Basically the NBAs version of the NCAA tournaments 64 vs 65 game, in Dunk Contest form.

Gordon can get up, but he's an in game dunker more than an exhibition dunker.

I just hope he doesn't injure himself, being a Clipper and all
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom