NBA Top Shot - Contender For 2021 Fleece of The Year

I just joined the NBA Top Shot wave the past two weeks and it's incredible whats going on. The 'theoretical' money/value on display is definitely not sustainable but the platform is here to stay. Its really the whole blockchain technology that Dapper/Flow/NBA has been able to capitalize on to essentially make it easier to gamble/trade sports collectibles, albeit in a digital format. Its a pain in the *** to buy/sell/trade physical sports cards with authentication, but blockchain essentially removes that barrier. It really doesn't matter what the digital entity their selling, its a new platform/system for gambling.

Plus, us old farts who grew up during the 90s when trading cards were all the rage , but are pretty much worthless now because they overproduced them, can once again live out the fantasy of making money off sports cards.

I get it.

But I don’t. No regulation. Individual athletes/celebrities/etc making there own NFTs and limited editions etc. and everything selling out for no reason at all.

It’s a bubble that’s gonna pop. Something has to give. I’m here to make some extra $ here and there but I’ll leave some money on the table and sell for profits early on. With actual sports cards, I actually like collecting so even if they do decline a bit and I held, I’m okay with it. I wouldn’t be with a 10500/35000 NFT basketball clip of a Colin Sexton assist and now he has over 25+ NFTs as this thing evolves.

Top Shot market is just a snapshot of the NFT market overall. The limited Moments of the top 5-10 players will hold value, and everything else likely will remain extremely volatile as demand isn’t consistent.

Same with NFT art, some artists will generate demand and prices that a majority of others won’t. Is what it is. Doesn’t mean it won’t last, just means it’s not a get rich scheme that most hoped for haha!

Damn its Bridges' birthday today too

And yea they gonna push that **** back several times after the site crashes

I'm able to withdrawal 8)
Screenshot_20210322-024950.png

Plus, us old farts who grew up during the 90s when trading cards were all the rage , but are pretty much worthless now because they overproduced them

you might be surprised what some of those cards go for now (if they're in good condition of course)

I just joined the NBA Top Shot wave the past two weeks and it's incredible whats going on. The 'theoretical' money/value on display is definitely not sustainable but the platform is here to stay. Its really the whole blockchain technology that Dapper/Flow/NBA has been able to capitalize on to essentially make it easier to gamble/trade sports collectibles, albeit in a digital format. Its a pain in the *** to buy/sell/trade physical sports cards with authentication, but blockchain essentially removes that barrier. It really doesn't matter what the digital entity their selling, its a new platform/system for gambling.

Plus, us old farts who grew up during the 90s when trading cards were all the rage , but are pretty much worthless now because they overproduced them, can once again live out the fantasy of making money off sports cards.

If you any basketball cards from the 90's I will gladly buy it off you.

me too man, I havent got any other than the presale

I got lucky on the SS release when they gradually let some out and then keep people who already have a pack from joining the queue for the following drop, that was the best method outside of the presale pack in my opinion.

Really feels like TS is trying a bunch of different methods for releasing packs.

you might be surprised what some of those cards go for now (if they're in good condition of course)

I've got lots from mostly the 80's, but some 70's & early 90's as well. Baseball, basketball, football, hockey.

I'd love to get them graded but heard it's a big pain in the butt. Wish I could take my stash to someone in person and have it done in a day to two.

Got a few Jordan 1987 Fleer in great condition, 1988 Fleer Jordans and Pippen rookie. So many.

I've got lots from mostly the 80's, but some 70's & early 90's as well. Baseball, basketball, football, hockey.

I'd love to get them graded but heard it's a big pain in the butt.

Got a few Jordan 1987 Fleer in great condition, 1988 Fleer Jordans and Pippen rookie. So many.

I'd get those Jordans graded. Especially if they look half as good as you think. More than worth the hassle for those in my opinion.

I'd get those Jordans graded. Especially if they look half as good as you think. More than worth the hassle for those in my opinion.

I know. I see some in the 5 digit range depending on grade.

I'll have to look into it. I have at least 2 of those 1987 Jordan Fleers sitting in the same plastic card holders for 30+ years at my parents house.

I'd love to get them graded but heard it's a big pain in the butt. Wish I could take my stash to someone in person and have it done in a day to two.

Use a service that does the submissions for you.

Noted, thank you. I looked into grading like 5 years ago, but not since. I have no idea where to begin but will make note of your suggestion.
There’s tons of them out there now. I haven’t used any so can’t make a recommendation, but I’m sure some folks in here can. Also prices just went up so it will be pricey, especially if you want a somewhat quick turnaround. But def easier and less time consuming than navigating through it all yourself.

Back
Top Bottom