NBA's Top 25 under 25 discussion

I still disagree that Lebron is "leaps and bounds" better than Melo in every area of basketball. They are the top two players in their position. Youguys may be having a tough time finding the point in all of this, it is that Melo doesn't get much respect but Lebron gets the slobber every day, all day.Is Lebron's respect undeserved? Of course not, he's pretty much one of the best SF's in the history of the game (or has the potential to be, Ishould say). But then dudes are saying Zach Randolph is better than Carmelo Anthony? I mean, come on. Give the guy at least some respect. That's allI'm trying to say.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by LeronJames

He's the best SG, sure, but if you put him at the C position, is he going to be the best in the NBA at doing that? No. And how successful has Kobe been when not playing with a legit Center? Not very. I don't want to get too far from the point I'm making, but hopefully you get the picture here.

It's tough illustrating a point for you guys. I feel like I need ot break out some crayons and construction paper or something. OK, I'm done now,have a nice day!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

This thread is gonna get locked cause it's turning into Lebron v.s Melo.

Quick, somebody talk %#+$ about Kevin Love
Well, the first 3 pages were Millsap vs. Green, I don't really see the difference.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

This thread is gonna get locked cause it's turning into Lebron v.s Melo.

Quick, somebody talk %#+$ about Kevin Love
roll.gif
roll.gif

Could someone translate for me what in the blue hell Lron is talkin about? And no dude, I don't know why we say Blue hell, or why the term came about, butI do know when to use it.

They are the top two players in their position.

Still wrong.

And dre I think Bron has a better handle than Melo. He has the ball in his hands all the time and can play point when they need him to.

So, yeah,

This _ Cheikh Samb

The next Olajuwon. Possibly even the next Kwame Brown.

I'm calling it right now.

Still wrong.

And dre I think Bron has a better handle than Melo. He has the ball in his hands all the time and can play point when they need him to.
Word. But neither of them can ***% w/ my son Von Wafer (he's under 25 right?)

Von is the best.

Originally Posted by JD617

Still wrong.

So the other top 2 SF is who? Paul Pierce?

I still disagree that Lebron is "leaps and bounds" better than Melo in every area of basketball. They are the top two players in their position. You guys may be having a tough time finding the point in all of this, it is that Melo doesn't get much respect but Lebron gets the slobber every day, all day. Is Lebron's respect undeserved? Of course not, he's pretty much one of the best SF's in the history of the game (or has the potential to be, I should say). But then dudes are saying Zach Randolph is better than Carmelo Anthony? I mean, come on. Give the guy at least some respect. That's all I'm trying to say.
As far as skills goes...no he isn't "leaps and bounds" better than him...but he's athletically and physically "leaps andbounds" better than him...which translates into Lebron's overall impact on the game "leaps and bounds" better than Carmelo's.

It's no comparison at all. I agree that Carmelo is better than alot of people give him credit for and it's not like comparing a BMW to a Hyundai...morelike comparing a Bentley to a BMW in this situation. Lebron is clearly on another level than Melo and he's proven that thus far.

Like dude said...this could have been a legit argument back in 04...not anymore.

Originally Posted by JD617

Still wrong.

So the other top 2 SF is who? Paul Pierce?

I don't want to turn this into a Melo vs. Pierce debate now, so I'm just gonna say no. Forget I said that.

I guess I overextended myslef on my point. The original point wasn't that Melo is as good as or better than Lebron, but that Lebron has some of the sameweaknesses in the game as Melo, but Melo is faulted for it a lot more than Lebron ever is. It's all good, I knew the Lebron fans would beast over thisargument, I knew what I was getting myself into. It's cool though, some good points from some of you, and some missed steps from others. And we'll seehow these 2 match up again this Friday, Cavs @ Nuggets.

/\ for the sake of your argument you better hope it doesn't turn out like the last time they matched up

Haha, for sure, Melo didn't show up that night, Lebron, on the other hand, dominated. You'll never see me trying to take anything away from Lebron,he's great. But I will always pull for my dude Carmelo. Whether I come out lookin' stupid or not. I'm a true fan, lol. I always love thosematchups, though.

Lebron is a much better player than Carmelo. He is a leader, one of the best passers in the league, a solid rebounder, and has turned into a very gooddefender. Yes lebron doesnt have the midrange game that Carmelo has but he can and will develop that and once he does its a wrap. Carmelo can never be asgood as Lebron. Like someone said its not necessarily a knock on Melo but Lebron is just destined to be an all time great player where Carmelo will be anabove average player

I just skimmed through this list again and realized Luol Deng isn't listed
laugh.gif

And to think he was the player the Bulls didn't want to part with for Kobe (not that the trade was ever going to go through).

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Lebron is a much better player than Carmelo. He is a leader, one of the best passers in the league, a solid rebounder, and has turned into a very good defender. Yes lebron doesnt have the midrange game that Carmelo has but he can and will develop that and once he does its a wrap. Carmelo can never be as good as Lebron. Like someone said its not necessarily a knock on Melo but Lebron is just destined to be an all time great player where Carmelo will be an above average player
Stop it.

laugh.gif
At Lebron fans, and not one of us was a Cavs fan.
roll.gif

And comring from a dude named LeRon James.
laugh.gif

^ But WHY is Laron James the real name for Juelz Santana. How do you KNOW that is his real name. What proof do you have?

Don't show me birth certificate's tell me WHY?
laugh.gif

Ok, sorry. I did not know that. But still, I hardly think Chester InMymind, 617, and I rank among the elite of Lebron fans.

Back
Top Bottom