NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

He's not spending a second in jail, I don't think.

They are going to drag his appeal out for years.

So the post I mentioned above is in fact a "grey area" discussion. It isn't speaking directly on whether or not HE did it or whether or not he deserves time, or whatever the common theme of the thread is.

I do think taking hush money, then deciding, "I won't keep silent anymore" while still being able to keep that hush money, needs to be looked at.

That is all I am saying and it can't be simplified to, "You don’t need grey area for a serial rapist. "
If someone breaks an NDA, the other party does have some recourse, they sue for their money back.

But NDAs are not legally bulletproof, so if you are paying someone off there might be a legal reason for a judge to void the agreement, and you are **** outta luck on the money. Also, NDAs are not intended to hide criminal activity

Criminal charges involve the State vs. the accused, not the complaining witness vs. the accused. Prosecutors have to decide enough there is enough evidence to go to trial, including the potential witnesses. The state and choose to proceed with criminal charges without the complaining witness.

So maybe there is some more grey area to consider because that Facebook comment seems to misunderstand the law.

Last edited:
If someone breaks an NDA, the other party does have some recourse, they sue for their money back.

But NDAs are not legally bulletproof, so if you are paying someone off there might be a legal reason for a judge to void the agreement, and you are **** outta luck on the money. Also, NDAs are not intended to hide criminal activity

Criminal charges involve the State vs. the accused, not the complaining witness vs. the accused. Prosecutors have to decide enough there is enough evidence to go to trial, including the potential witnesses. The state and choose to proceed with criminal charges without the complaining witness.

So maybe there is some more grey area to consider because that Facebook comment seems to misunderstand the law.

Thanks for clearing that up

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or sincere....
giphy.gif

I agree with this claim

This does not mean I am supporting Cosby.

It just means you indirectly support that crimes go unreported and support criminals getting away with their heinous crimes.

/thread man is guilty. It was a time when lack of respect for women was just 'the thing', even the way King was chiming in was implying that it was just one of those things that happened.

Last edited:
I mean you gotta give it a lil time, this thread was created in 2014 and Cosby was just convicted. If Weinstein isn’t on trial in 4 years, then we can talk

Back
Top Bottom