NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

It’s a good thing we’re not a court of law!

Ahhh - the "Court of Public Opinion"

quote-the-court-doesn-t-follow-public-opinion-the-court-s-views-are-radically-out-of-step-ted-...jpg

Careful with that stuff...

winstonchurchill1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess the whole "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" thing is optional for some folks.

Such an eye opening thread - in real time.
Also eye opening to see who sides with old white men who take advantage of legal loopholes they paid to have in there in the first place - in real time

Zimmerman did nothing wrong right?

Conviction, sentencing, and actually DOING IT are ALL different things. But we already know that right?

I guess the whole "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" thing is optional for some folks.

Such an eye opening thread - in real time.
The same court of law that once upheld that Black Americans were not to enjoy all their rights as full fledged citizens of this country?

Knowing how the pendulum of American law swings, it's a dangerous game to play with the "that's legal, therefore it's right" argument.

The same court of law that once upheld that Black Americans were not to enjoy all their rights as full fledged citizens of this country?

Knowing how the pendulum of American law swings, it's a dangerous game to play with the "that's legal, therefore it's right" argument.

Also eye opening to see who sides with old white men who take advantage of legal loopholes they paid to have in there in the first place - in real time

Zimmerman did nothing wrong right?

Conviction, sentencing, and actually DOING IT are ALL different things. But we already know that right?

???

Can you guys please elaborate?

I'm not following your logic.

Let me ask a different way.

Should Bill Cosby be in prison?

???

George Zimmerman was never proven guilty in a court of law.

Following your logic, is he innocent of killing Trayvon Martin ?

???

A proper analogy to the situation is this: DA had to solve a problem, and the judge told him to show his work. He couldn't do it without cheating, got the right result, got caught, and didn't get credited for the answer. As a result, Cosby got to walk and ultimately, no justice has been served. If the justice system were perfect, he WOULD be in jail because of HIS actions

What's legal is not necessarily morally right, and what's morally right is not always legal.

Some things never change.

Too many Marc Lamont Hills.

Not enough Patrice Oneals.

You're really defending dom imus calling a team of black girls "nappy headed ho's" along w/ the other racist mess his? And of course of NBC fake progressive asses would tolerate it.
1625325540215.png

Also for heirs to dead ugly **** finally dying. This ones for u Don Imus:

Yes.

Y'all keep talking like the court of law is infallible and there haven't been murderers and rapists who have been found not guilty.

Cosby's situation is adjacent to Klan members who murder black ppl and then are found not guilty.

Its going to get to a point when we will see what happens when the justice system continues to fail the ppl.

Yes.

Y'all keep talking like the court of law is infallible and there haven't been murderers and rapists who have been found not guilty.

Cosby's situation is adjacent to Klan members who murder black ppl and then are found not guilty.

Its going to get to a point when we will see what happens when the justice system continues to fail the ppl.

Likewise, some folks are acting as if the court of public opinion is infallible and there haven’t been people falsely accused and wrongfully convicted.

Likewise, some folks are acting as if the court of public opinion is infallible and there haven’t been people falsely accused and wrongfully convicted.
I don't know about any situation where the court of public opinion getting it wrong led to murderers and rapists going free.

So I would say its stupid to compare the two. The Justice system failing us matters much more than the court of public opinion getting it wrong.

Especially in a situation where a person has been accused by 60 different ppl of the same thing. That type thing just doesn't happen frequently to innocent ppl.

But if you can correct me with some examples feel free to.

This cuts both ways, right. A racist can use this type of half-baked logic to justify not needing to resort to courts of law which results in situations like Emmit Till. Instead, they can indict, convict, and penalize based on the court of public opinion.

This court of public opinion is based on substantially less fact, evidence, and ability to cross examine.

Back
Top Bottom