NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Nip slip eh?

.... we'll never see
frown.gif

Anyone know the song that Abed starts humming in the episode? I have no clue where it's from but I want it as a ringtone.

Enjoyed tonight's episode.

I realize it's really just Shirley's smug voice I dislike. Again, I understand her reason for being there and within the group a character like hers is important, but ugh, she sucks. I did like the use of Chang this episode, he's a security guard so there is a believable reason for him to be there, let him make a few jokes, pass through, that's that.

Cool to see the return of Troy as a plumber and John Goodman, I was dying at the astronaut making a panini and black Hitler
laugh.gif

The priest saying to Britta "you're the worst"

Pierce made a nice improvement tonight, him embracing the gays was hilarious plus his dad was as bizarre as I would have imagined.

This episode
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Spoiler for my non-East coast Community fans.

Spoiler [+]
pierce's father (so much more racist!) and the ivory wig (I couldn't stop laughing at it). "follicular purity"
Abed's Troy impersonation.

"That's what we do Troy: incredible, invisible, inbelievable things. We're an unseen, unknown, unvincible fraternity of craftsmen.
Great line. That kind of writing is
pimp.gif

Stonehenge
laugh.gif

The random Chang scenes weren't even funny to me until the last one GAayyyyyyyee!

The overall story was good. Wish Pierce's father could've been a recurring character, his racism was refreshingly funny. Loved the the intense seriousness of Troy being a plumber or ac repairman plot.

Britta saying edible instead of Oedipus
laugh.gif

I didn't like this episode at all. Other than a few good lines, the story was average at best.
I found it laughable that they had to go back to Season 1 for the plumbing arc for Troy, just to use it against Goodman's A/C repair program.

As for Pierce's dad, I don't understand his purpose. Was it to show why Pierce is such a bigot? Because, really, it doesn't matter and showing that his father is the reason is pretty weak. In terms of a change in his racist attitude, it had already been discussed in Season 2's "Custody Law and Eastern European Diplomacy," that the group had already addressed it with him and that he was getting better at being PC. Or was it to illustrate that Jeff has father issues (which was already explored in Season 2's "Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking")?

Hopefully next week's episode is better. Much better.

Not a good episode. I normally find Abed funny, but he is getting real corny. Chang and Goodman had their moments

5/5 episode (maybe becuz I identify as "kind of" gay)

Pierce rocked it. Showed why he is a top 3 character on the show. He went from Encarta to Wykey-pie-de-uh.
smokin.gif

I thought the two storylines were brilliant, just the originality which made the show great before. And for the first time, I thought Britta looked GEWWWD. Never really felt her pale @## before.

Definitely surprised with all the dislike for tonight's episode. I thought it was a great one. 

LOL at the scene in the end with Abed & Troy messing with Jeff before Halloween.

There was the perfect amount of Chang in this episode too. One liners had me dying.

The use of Pierce's dad as a foil character to Jeff was great as well.

Britta was looking
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in this one. 

Great episode. I thought going back to the first season with the plumbing concept was pretty good. And true to the ending, I dont think this is the last we will see of that topic...

Still pretty good ep.

I liked it.

Troy: Hey girl, how you livin?

Toupee made of ivory, follecular purity.

Britta: I can excuse racism...

Shirley: Do you think he's been kidnapped? Usually it's one of the parent's and almost always ends in murder-suicide.
Annie: Why are you smiling?

Cornelius: ...jewesses...

laugh.gif

sidebar: saw Childish Gambino last night, show was hype.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

sidebar: saw Childish Gambino last night, show was hype.
smokin.gif
I'm jealous, I've had plans fall through twice when I tried to see him. Granted, I would have had to drive 4-6 hours to see him but still
30t6p3b.gif

I was at the Gambino concert too...it was amazing, came home and checked out the episode on the DVR, twas a good one

"He's like the Abed of racism." 
laugh.gif

This episode was awesome. I thought it was the funniest Pierce has been for awhile.

Troy's storyline was freaking hilarious. "Hey man, I'm just here for the tater tots." 
laugh.gif

And yeah, Britta > Annie, in this episode.

They are trying too hard this season.

Fans are going to be fans but you have to admit its just not the same show the first 2 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom