NCAA Will Allow Trans Athletes: Lia Thomas Becomes 1st NCAA Transgender Champion

Sheesh! Safe to assume she will be an Olympian post college?

not exactly

In the US, high school and college meets are short course yards (25 yards pool)

There are short course world championships for swimming, but that’s in meters (25 meters pool)

But Olympics is long course meters (50 meter pool)

She obviously has a strong chance and did pretty decently at the trials for the last Olympics

But some people are just better in yards, if you have great underwaters you can minimize the actual swimming you have to do between your start and turns

Gretchen Walsh broke all the records for the 100 fly

And her team broke all the records for the 4 x 100 medley relay tonight

Her leadoff split was just off of her 100 back record but I think her time was either the 2nd or 3rd fastest ever, behind herself

Walsh broke all the records and became the first woman under 45 seconds in the 100 free

And then had the fastest rolling start in her relay

So she won all her individual races in record times.. her relay times won all those relays, her opening 50 back on the medley also counts as a record since it was a flat start

Cool that Brock Lesnar would sell for Carmella like that
Have you seen brock’s daughter?
IMG_6673.jpeg

You never hear about trans participating in men’s sports. They always only want to compete in women’s sports…..

What year will we see a biological male, transition to female, play in the WNBA?

is IATT IATT posting trans swimmers?
thread is all over the place

Trans swimmers were banned by swimmings governing body

My hope was that with the interest given by lia Thomas, those actually performing in the manner lia Thomas was spoken of could be given their just recognition

The sad thing to me was lia Thomas and a girl who came tied for 5th got way more shine than girls who were actually breaking records at that very same meet

Recognized for what? They should be swimming against men, not women. Especially if they were biologically men.

Lia Thomas should’ve stayed competing amongst men, even after her procedure

Recognized for what? They should be swimming against men, not women. Especially if they were biologically men.

Lia Thomas should’ve stayed competing amongst men, even after her procedure

Recognized for what those women accomplished

Gretchen Walsh was born and is a woman

Kate Douglas was born and is a woman

Lia Thomas and others similar were banned by swimming’s governing body 2 years ago

I was confused my boy! Got it and I agree with you

It just annoys me that you literally had born women doing unprecedented things at the very same championship meet lia Thomas and the 5th place girl were in and it never got mentioned

Kate Douglass won 7 titles, broke multiple records.. Alex Walsh (Gretchen’s sister) also won 7 titles and broke a individual record just not as much as Kate Douglass who broke every record in all 3 of her individual swims

It just annoys me that you literally had born women doing unprecedented things at the very same championship meet lia Thomas and the 5th place girl were in and it never got mentioned

Kate Douglass won 7 titles, broke multiple records.. Alex Walsh (Gretchen’s sister) also won 7 titles and broke a individual record just not as much as Kate Douglass who broke every record in all 3 of her individual swims

It’s all about ratings. They want the Lia Thomas ratings, whether good or bad

It’s all about ratings. They want the Lia Thomas ratings, whether good or bad

Nah it’s about agendas, that’s why they keep having the girl who came tied for 5th on to speak and they ignore that the sport’s governing body dealt with the matter 2 years ago.. swimming is also a heavily predominately white sport, so they make a bigger issue of lia Thomas than anything happening in track and field (which has also dealt with numerous aspects of the matter)

But track and swimming really only doing numbers when it comes Olympics time

Track does well in Europe throughout the year.. but even world championships don’t do huge ratings

But my thing is, you have a chance to at least mention what people like Kate Douglass, Alex and Gretchen Walsh were and are doing (all 3 were in that 2022 championships and won at least 5 titles each)

Back
Top Bottom