Ne-Yo's High School Pictures vol. Can It Be More Obvious?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

While I appreciate a heartfelt song, there was always something to be said about male kids/teens that were always into DRAMA, ACTING, POETRY and SINGING etc in high school and college
eyes.gif
grin.gif
. Hell even rapping. If thats your main way of expressing yourself, thats cool and all but its still kinda weird that you'd choose to do that in that fashion when you really think about it.

Its pretty obvious. Most of what we revel in as entertainment has a predominately "feminine" view when you look at it critically. No disrespect to those that hone their craft but its not surprising when things like this pop up and people are confused.
As NT's resident "gangsta rapper" (according to the label on the pigeonhole ya'll put me in) I actually agree. One of the manliest things I've ever done was come to terms with the FACT that I'm a lot more "feminine" than most fellas. I speak well for one, which is genetically linked to estrogen levels in developing brains. that's why girls typically speak better than men. From that, I'm assuming I have more estrogen in me than most guys, which would explain my penchant for The Gay Arts (aka poetry
laugh.gif
) as well as hip-hop. I also empathize easily as well as see the world in a more gender-nuetral POV as opposed to the typical cliches POV's of most men. I'm not athletic at all though
laugh.gif
.  On the flip side, I've slayed a hand full of bisexual women because of my inherent ability to see things from a less gender polar viewpoint.
pimp.gif
. I've never been "curious" though. I only like women. I jus think I'm more like women on the inside than most guys, but it works for me. Most of the girls I've dated liked women too, so they were more like me and I was more like them. It's been fun
grin.gif
laugh.gif

While I appreciate a heartfelt song, there was always something to be said about male kids/teens that were always into DRAMA, ACTING, POETRY and SINGING etc in high school and college
eyes.gif
grin.gif
. Hell even rapping. If thats your main way of expressing yourself, thats cool and all but its still kinda weird that you'd choose to do that in that fashion when you really think about it.

Its pretty obvious. Most of what we revel in as entertainment has a predominately "feminine" view when you look at it critically. No disrespect to those that hone their craft but its not surprising when things like this pop up and people are confused.
As NT's resident "gangsta rapper" (according to the label on the pigeonhole ya'll put me in) I actually agree. One of the manliest things I've ever done was come to terms with the FACT that I'm a lot more "feminine" than most fellas. I speak well for one, which is genetically linked to estrogen levels in developing brains. that's why girls typically speak better than men. From that, I'm assuming I have more estrogen in me than most guys, which would explain my penchant for The Gay Arts (aka poetry
laugh.gif
) as well as hip-hop. I also empathize easily as well as see the world in a more gender-nuetral POV as opposed to the typical cliches POV's of most men. I'm not athletic at all though
laugh.gif
.  On the flip side, I've slayed a hand full of bisexual women because of my inherent ability to see things from a less gender polar viewpoint.
pimp.gif
. I've never been "curious" though. I only like women. I jus think I'm more like women on the inside than most guys, but it works for me. Most of the girls I've dated liked women too, so they were more like me and I was more like them. It's been fun
grin.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Aren't you gay?

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Aren't you gay?

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Aren't you gay?

I dont think hes fully out yet.

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Aren't you gay?

MTV interview his friends, and they always said he was a weird dude. He would cut all his shirts and tie knots and other weird crap.

But imo I don't think it's that weird. He just tried to set a tread (maybe). I remember back in 01-02 every "balla" would cut their sleeves to look cool because of And1 "Hot Sauce)

And then you these generations, where kids wear skin tight jeans with huge skate shoes, with a vest and a scarf and everybody is loving the style.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

MTV interview his friends, and they always said he was a weird dude. He would cut all his shirts and tie knots and other weird crap.

But imo I don't think it's that weird. He just tried to set a tread (maybe). I remember back in 01-02 every "balla" would cut their sleeves to look cool because of And1 "Hot Sauce)

And then you these generations, where kids wear skin tight jeans with huge skate shoes, with a vest and a scarf and everybody is loving the style.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

eyes.gif
grin.gif

Aren't you gay?

Its funnier that everything I said went over your head.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

So basically you're saying the yearning to display emotion makes a man more feminine?

Theres nothing wrong with displaying emotion but come on man... I love R&B music but if you actually MET a dude like that you'd be like... Bro...are you gay? There aren't masculine singers any more. They're out here pouring their hearts out like women in the way women want to hear it instead of actually allowing dudes to follow the songs. Most R&B songs these days can't even be sung by males in casual conversation unlike the old days. Everything has a female tint to it. Every male singer I knew before they "blew up" had some really suspect tendencies. Its not to say they don't make good music that males relate to male parts and women relate to the women parts of their songs but something is definitely to be said about this. When they get sculpted by the "machine" they tend to lose a lot of that association but its still pretty obvious. How many dudes you know trying to get into a legit singing career these days that don't have a sort of ...sway
laugh.gif
... about them.
grin.gif
. I'm not saying they're ALL like that...but mostly your POPULAR ones have that aura about them. Plus if you read/watch interviews these actors/singers/poets do they're always talking about growing up "struggling to express themselves" which is essentially be as flamboyant as possible in a different format. Most of the more "masculine singers" tend to be underground or get the neo-soul tag attached to them. Musiq, Tank, Bilal, Dwele, etc.

I'm just asking NT to think critically about stuff like this. If you understand what or why you like something, its easier to address topics of threads like this.

Back
Top Bottom