Need a new shoe with good cushioning, has a good outrigger, and traction....

I just got my tax check lol and am thinking about hunting for a new pair to play in.  My shoes MUST have a wide base and outrigger (and I mean WIDE...not a small little outrigger like the Huarache 2k4 which did nothing), good cushioning, and traction. I am currently playing between my Kobe V (have two pairs, and one pair's traction is fading because I've played outdoor in them) & Jordan 2010 (mainly my go to shoe). I would like a shoe that is lightweight (preferably low cut) but also has Jordan 2010ish impact protection. Any help based on what is on the market?  So far I'm eyeing the newest Hyperdunk, but have heard bad things about the traction.  My Kobe V's are basically what I need except for the small met Zoom Bag, and I still have my Kobe IV's as well, but the Lunar Foam just doesn't give enough responsiveness (although it still provides impact protection) and they're a half size too big (all they had left and I HAD to try them).  

It doesn't have to be Nike, but I seem to always stick to Nike because of their cushioning systems.  Any Adidas shoe I've tried has just been too hard and I need a LITTLE response and feedback.  It doesn't have to be Melo M8 hyper squishy and responsive, but just so I know it's there.  I've also tried the Black Ice Mid, but can no longer play in them after spraining my ankle terribly in them (hence why any shoe I play in HAS TO HAVE an outrigger whether it's a low or a mid).  The brand doesn't matter, just so long as it meets my requirements (especially the outrigger and cushioning).

I highly recommend the fly wade 2. Kobe V was my favorite basketball shoes up until i tried the new wade's. felt like butter on the court... super responsive, low to ground but with awesome cushioning system. It's snug fit and locks your feet down perfectly. Midcut doesn't really matter in this shoe. I play 1 and 2 posisition and i must say this is one of the best if not the best shoe i've used on court.

here are some of the great reviews.

http://www.nicekicks.com/...eview-jordan-fly-wade-2/

Thanks so much for your reply.  I have been eyeing these for a minute, but just can't pull the trigger because of the Lunar and the longevity of the cushioning.  I know it may be improved from the Kobe IV, but I'm still hesitant for that reason.  If I can get them way below retail I will pull the trigger, but until then idk.....I really appreciate your input though....

If your not addicted to the swoosh. The adipower howard 2 meets your criteria. Even though its made for a big man, it can really be used for all positions.

Kobe VIs are well-regarded, especially if you're coming from the Kobe V and IV...I copped a pair last week for balling, haven't worn them yet though. They're hitting outlets too, so you could get them on the cheap.

If you are leary of the Lunar in the Wade 2, get the Wade 1. I loved that shoe after a short break in for the toe material. Other than that, I second Master - really look at the APH2. I know it isn't low, but it is a great shoe.

I will have to look into these suggestions....thanks you guys. However, at the weight of the Adipower Howard 2, I'd be better off just sticking with my Jordan 2010's because they weigh close to the same. Not brushing it off, but I was looking for something in the 12oz below range IF POSSIBLE. Also, I couldn't really tell if the base of the adipower Howard 2 was wide enough and if the outrigger was pronounced enough. As far as the Kobe VI goes, I might as well stick to my Kobe V as well because they both have the met head Zoom bag...

Again, thanks everyone for the suggestions and keep them coming. So far, I'm leaning towards just beating my other pair of Kobe V's down and my Jordan 2010 until the Zoom dies. It's just the Jordan's feel a LITTLE bottom heavy because the Zoom is bottom loaded and makes me feel slower, and the Kobe is perfect except the met head lol.

Go with the hyperdunk 2011. It has a solid outrigger, good traction, good cushioning with zoom air in the heel and across the forefoot, and good ankle support. The zoom air on these is excellent.

Originally Posted by ChicagoBulls1000

Go with the hyperdunk 2011. It has a solid outrigger, good traction, good cushioning with zoom air in the heel and across the forefoot, and good ankle support. The zoom air on these is excellent.

I agree, i have a pair my self.

I really wish I could find an Adidas shoe to fit my needs. My purple and gold Kobe V's with the clear outsole are worse than my Del Sol Kobe V's for some reason. They have better traction than my Del Sols (due to me hopping outside in them) but their cushioning is worse and the Zoom bags arent responsive (perhaps its the sockliners?). I'm hesitant on the Hyperdunks because I heard their traction is bad, but i see a lot people playing them so i will have to get a pair with a solid outsole. I really wish I could get away from the swoosh though and try even more UA shoes, but none provide the outrigger I need. I really really wanted to try the Crazy Lights, but same issue with the outrigger.

Kobe's would be your best bet. I just got a pair of Jordan 2010 teams and they have a really wide. Base and great Impact protection. I have some issues with my toes going numb with forefoot zoom but that may just be me

Well I already have the Kobe V's and they are basically the same as the VI because they have the exact same cushioning, and with all the negative reviews of the VII's there is no way I'm getting those. I may actually start giving my Kobe IV a shot again because they have all that I need. The Lunar Foam is bottomed out but still gives decent impact protection, and traction is perfect. I tried playing in them today but felt slower in them for some reason. Also, the Flywire hurts the arches of my feet. It may be because I haven't played in them in a year, but I think may start walking around in them to start breaking them in if that's necessary since the Lunar Foam covers the entire forefoot.

I would recommend you to stick with the old Kobe's, the IV's and V's were amazing IMO. If I had a chance to get another pair of IV's I'd buy them. I wanted to ask yall - are there any outlets or stores where you can still get the IV's or V's in the US? I'm from Europe and don't have a chance like that so I just wanted to know.

Well...I just seen that the Hyperdunk 2011 Lows have dropped, which has everything I need lol. Still, I will try to stick it out in my Kobe V and my Kobe IV since I have 3 pairs of Kobes that haven't broken down yet. This is the first time in a LONG TIME I'm going to actually try to be thankful for the shoes I already have instead of searching for the "perfect shoe" lol.

Back
Top Bottom