Need advice on speeding ticket.

So this is my first speeding ticket and im lost about what i should do. About 2 weeks ago i was driving from vegas to sf and got pulled over in mojave, ca.Highway patrol said he clocked me doing 90 in a 65. So i got my ticket in the mail and my fine is 235$. Id perfer not to just pay it off, so what can i do tohave this reduced to like it never happened.

Thanks for any advice. I wont be speeding again anytime soon.

HERE IN INDY THERE IS A DIVERSION PROGRAM FOR DRIVERS THAT HAVE NOT HAD A TICKET IN 2 YEARS....YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY IT BUT NO POINTS WILL BE PUT ON YOURLICENCE...DUNNO BOUT OUT THERE IN CALI...

OTHER OPTION IS TRY AND FIGHT IT...AND IF THE COP SHOWS FOR COURT....YOU WILL TAKE AN L AND PAY COURT COSTS OUT THE *%! ADDED ON TO THE PRICE OF YOUR TICKET...

CHECK INTO THAT FIRST OPTION I MENTIONED...

AND THE TICKET IS SO MUCH CAUSE U WERE GOING SO FAST OVER THE LIMIT...15+ HERE EQUALS HIGHER TICKET...

Google beating speeding tickets there should be some ways other than relying entirely on the cop not showing.

Originally Posted by SoleAcoustic

So this is my first speeding ticket and im lost about what i should do. About 2 weeks ago i was driving from vegas to sf and got pulled over in mojave, ca. Highway patrol said he clocked me doing 90 in a 65. So i got my ticket in the mail and my fine is 235$. Id perfer not to just pay it off, so what can i do to have this reduced to like it never happened.

Thanks for any advice. I wont be speeding again anytime soon.
I've gotten a speeding ticket.. but they mailed you the ticket with the fine on it?

With my speeding ticket, they would usually give you a court date.. then you would have to go in to get your fine and know how many points are associated withthe ticket. Once in the court room, you can fight the ticket or ask for the cop to appear. If the cop doesn't appear you will get off..

I recieved a initial ticket when i got pulled over and it just said basic information and when i had to pay the fine by.
then 2 weeks later i get a letter from the county saying how much my fine is.

they'll mail your ticket with the fine...either you mail it in or you go to mojave desert to get it reduce and take a traffic school so there will be nopoints on your driving record...i got pulled over at monterey bay and i just paid it off by mailing it in

you can agree to go to traffic school and get it reudced or try to fight it in court.
it depends if the cop was a h0mo or c hill guy. most people go to traffic school if they know they habe no chance at winning in court.
most of the time they will reduce the ticket 50% and that hepls alot

Originally Posted by SoleAcoustic

I recieved a initial ticket when i got pulled over and it just said basic information and when i had to pay the fine by.
then 2 weeks later i get a letter from the county saying how much my fine is.

Yeah thats right.

But if you do fight it you have to appear in the court of wherever you got your ticket from, so you gotta drive all the way back, either that or just take theL

also you can request traffic school and it wont appear on your record

Back
Top Bottom