Need help purchasing a new car!!!

^^^Which bring me to my next point do you make offers via email or in person...I was told it better to do in person. Because I currently live in columbus and since Im head back to the chi next week I found the max we were looking for, but didnt know if i should present my offer thru email or just when we went to the dealership

^^^Which bring me to my next point do you make offers via email or in person...I was told it better to do in person. Because I currently live in columbus and since Im head back to the chi next week I found the max we were looking for, but didnt know if i should present my offer thru email or just when we went to the dealership

Heres my experience

-Did some quality research looking for a new compact sedan (civic, elantra, corolla)

-one thing leads to another and I find this site that guides you on how to buy a new car

i dont wanna make this post extra long so...

Bought a 2009 honda civic ex-l in 2009 for 18050, well below the invoice of the car. Honda is a company known for not giving rebates because there so popular

The key is to buy at the end of the month and dont buy any dumb extras. do your research on a warranty from them or a different dealer.

Your cash doesn't give you any leveraging, so if you want to finance that is fine.

If your looking for a used car, its a different story. You want a mechanic to check everthing and you want to inspect the car from bumper to bumper.

You can negotiate the price and a whole bunch of stuff, its all a matter of researching.

The more you do your legwork now, the more money you will save.

If you need info on buying a new car you can ask me. I'm not well informed on the used part, but I think I can help if your looking for new.

Heres my experience

-Did some quality research looking for a new compact sedan (civic, elantra, corolla)

-one thing leads to another and I find this site that guides you on how to buy a new car

i dont wanna make this post extra long so...

Bought a 2009 honda civic ex-l in 2009 for 18050, well below the invoice of the car. Honda is a company known for not giving rebates because there so popular

The key is to buy at the end of the month and dont buy any dumb extras. do your research on a warranty from them or a different dealer.

Your cash doesn't give you any leveraging, so if you want to finance that is fine.

If your looking for a used car, its a different story. You want a mechanic to check everthing and you want to inspect the car from bumper to bumper.

You can negotiate the price and a whole bunch of stuff, its all a matter of researching.

The more you do your legwork now, the more money you will save.

If you need info on buying a new car you can ask me. I'm not well informed on the used part, but I think I can help if your looking for new.

Dudes always think they are doing it by buying in cash
laugh.gif

+!+ are you crazy? 28k for a used maxima? maximas depreciate like crazy too not to mention nissan is the worst of the japanese companies.

for 28k, i recommend an 07 or 08 TL which you can easily find with probably similar miles as the maxima. the tl's are more efficient than the maxima, better interior, and looks nicer not to mention they hold their value well.

+!+ are you crazy? 28k for a used maxima? maximas depreciate like crazy too not to mention nissan is the worst of the japanese companies.

for 28k, i recommend an 07 or 08 TL which you can easily find with probably similar miles as the maxima. the tl's are more efficient than the maxima, better interior, and looks nicer not to mention they hold their value well.

Just get her a simple IS250. Thats it.

U got the LS430
pimp.gif
i love that. post pics of it.

currently looking for a IS350 or GS350.

But yeah my advice is just look at the IS250 why not.? and 28k is wayyy to much for a nissan.

Just get her a simple IS250. Thats it.

U got the LS430
pimp.gif
i love that. post pics of it.

currently looking for a IS350 or GS350.

But yeah my advice is just look at the IS250 why not.? and 28k is wayyy to much for a nissan.

Originally Posted by RicH21KiD

email or in person...doesnt really matter, email can be easier since you can link them to cars with the same options if theyre lower in price, in person you might just have to print it out. personally i like doing it in person....that way its a little more personal and you might get some extra hookups if youre nice...floormats, few free maintenance services, extra discount, etc...

Originally Posted by RicH21KiD

email or in person...doesnt really matter, email can be easier since you can link them to cars with the same options if theyre lower in price, in person you might just have to print it out. personally i like doing it in person....that way its a little more personal and you might get some extra hookups if youre nice...floormats, few free maintenance services, extra discount, etc...

yea I've been talking to the lady back and fourth, but I didnt know if i should if i should present my offer. Thug lyfe though the TL might be a better all around car the %@@* is ugly as %%#* with that bird beak. I know 28 is way to high which is why i have no intent on paying that, the most I intend to pay is 24-25k. I really dont want to spend any more than that which is why I feel like I will have a tough time buying new because most buicks and other loaded are around 35k so I doubt anyone will take 10 stack off. I dont know im confused at this point. And know I dont think Im doing it by paying cash just happens to be the easiest since I refiananced my house to include the car payment.

yea I've been talking to the lady back and fourth, but I didnt know if i should if i should present my offer. Thug lyfe though the TL might be a better all around car the %@@* is ugly as %%#* with that bird beak. I know 28 is way to high which is why i have no intent on paying that, the most I intend to pay is 24-25k. I really dont want to spend any more than that which is why I feel like I will have a tough time buying new because most buicks and other loaded are around 35k so I doubt anyone will take 10 stack off. I dont know im confused at this point. And know I dont think Im doing it by paying cash just happens to be the easiest since I refiananced my house to include the car payment.

well 24k/25k is just the price of the car...you still got tax, title, and delivery fees so in the end it will be close to around 28k out the door. dont rush into anything at this point....there should be some good deals coming up around independence day. just relax man. its not just about price....but the value of what youre getting; good price for a reliable car you will enjoy driving and enjoy looking at.

well 24k/25k is just the price of the car...you still got tax, title, and delivery fees so in the end it will be close to around 28k out the door. dont rush into anything at this point....there should be some good deals coming up around independence day. just relax man. its not just about price....but the value of what youre getting; good price for a reliable car you will enjoy driving and enjoy looking at.

Back
Top Bottom