Neighbor's dog killed 2 of mine VOL. The law sucks

On Friday, my neighbor's husky dug a hole under the fence and pulled my 3 month old puppy through and killed him. His mom went in for to save him, and she didn't make it out alive either. 
Called animal control, they took the husky on Friday and kept it until last night. I was told he would be euthanized and later, the District Attorney said the neighbor's dog wasn't at fault (according to California law) because my dogs were found on his property. So, he wasn't put down. 

He was fined for having an unregistered/unvaccinated dog. So pretty much, their dog got away with murder. The only thing I can do now is complain to animal control when he barks at my dogs or tries to start *$%* with them (he does it at least 2 hours out of the day). The pictures show that that bastard dug the hole. Even if that were the case (that they were trespassing) no dog should dismember other dogs for any reason what so ever. 

Anybody ever have this happen to them? 

RIP Cosmo and Puppy, he didn't even have a name yet 
frown.gif

Wow...thats sad stuff man. As much as I hate to say it I agree with the other posters. Don't do anything thats gonna get you in serious trouble tho

Shopping list:
1. Dog Treats
2. Rat Poison
3. Ski Mask
4. Dark Blue Clothing
5. Copy of Metal Gear Solid to learns some moves

Wait till dark.... then you know what you gotta do
pimp.gif

sorry to hear about your dogs, but it's a dog eat dog world out there. husky was just doing what's written in it's genes. you don't like what happened, get a bigger dog

Originally Posted by GesheOneLove10

sorry to hear about your dogs, but it's a dog eat dog world out there. husky was just doing what's written in it's genes. you don't like what happened, get a bigger dog

Nah, sorry to break it to you but I've trained dogs before and bad dogs aren't born they're made. 
Get a bigger dog? Nah, get a bigger brain. 

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Rat poison in husky's water bowl.

Don't do that.
But I am extremely sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine if that were to happen to me.  RIP to your dogs.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Wow. That's terrible. Is the owner obligated to compensate you?

This is what I want to know.

Doesn't matter if he paid a fine did he pay you??  Not to make it a monetary argument but puppies are expensive.  I would be super heated if i were you OP.  That husky would have to pay

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Don't do that.
But I am extremely sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine if that were to happen to me.  RIP to your dogs.

revenge isn't going to bring your dogs back...but have you talked to the owner of that dog since that happened? how did that conversation go? were they sympathetic at all?

Originally Posted by Mexcellence

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Wow. That's terrible. Is the owner obligated to compensate you?
Yeah he gave me $300.00 for my puppy and he was hit with numerous fines. 
it should have been $300 for the puppy $300 for the mom (idc about depreciation) and $500 for damages.  Then make him get a better fence.  

RIP. I'd cry if that happened to my dogs. I can't imagine how you're feeling OP. You're right about that though, bad dogs are made by their owners. Huskies are usually friendly...

Mexcellence wrote: 
 So pretty much, their dog got away with murder. 

RIP Cosmo and Puppy, he didn't even have a name yet 
frown.gif

not to make light of your situation... but its nothing close to  murder man...lol..lets take a trip back to the real world NT

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Don't do that.

revenge isn't going to bring your dogs back...but have you talked to the owner of that dog since that happened? how did that conversation go? were they sympathetic at all?
 I'm not going to lie, I wanted to walk over there and kick him in the @@!*%** face but then I  realized though that nobody won in this situation. The neighbor came over and apologized and said he would compensate me. It looks like he felt really bad i'm not gonna lie, but I told him if I were him I would know what I had to do as an owner to prevent him from doing this to another dog. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Shopping list:
1. Dog Treats
2. Rat Poison
3. Ski Mask
4. Dark Blue Clothing
5. Copy of Metal Gear Solid to learns some moves

Wait till dark.... then you know what you gotta do
pimp.gif

roll.gif

On some real !#@* tho, that husky gotta die b. Cosmo deserved better.   

1. Borrow/foster a couple of "goon" dogs
2. Lure Husky to your yard through same hole with treat, unleash the goons
3. Call Animal Control
4. If Husky's corpse is in your yard, same conclusion shall be reached

Nah, that wouldn't work. I would never condone killing another dog anyways. It's just sad that you lost your pups. There's no way you can hire some sort of PI to investigate the circumstances and prove that your dogs were yanked from your yard?

Back
Top Bottom