Neighbor's dog killed 2 of mine VOL. The law sucks

^That was hard has hell to read.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by MECKS

although i feel for you...why were your dogs outside? we keep my 7lb chihuahua/pinscher mix inside at all times

you had a 3 month old puppy outside???

OP wants to kill other people's dogs because he couldn't take care of his own 
eyes.gif

Nah he was indoors, my pops took them out for a bathroom break, didn't see the hole and the puppy was walking by. So, if potty training a puppy is being a bad owner, then i'm guilty. 
AND FOR THE RECORD I AIN'T A DUDE. 

that sucks...sorry for the loss. but i mean, i wouldnt go try and kill the husky. won't bring your dogs back, and probably won't make you feel any better. if it did make you feel better, i would say you probably don't deserve to own a dog in the first place....

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

that sucks...sorry for the loss. but i mean, i wouldnt go try and kill the husky. won't bring your dogs back, and probably won't make you feel any better. if it did make you feel better, i would say you probably don't deserve to own a dog in the first place....

Thanks bro, I Agree, I think everyone assumed I posted to ask for advice on retaliation. If I was going to retaliate, I would have never called animal control and I would have taken matters into my own hands. I am a dog lover, I really am, however I don't want a dog like that living next door its not a good feeling. If putting him down to prevent this from happening again was the solution, I was all for it. I never wanted to actually kill the dog myself. 

Originally Posted by Mexcellence

Originally Posted by Executive76

Mexcellence wrote:.  The Husky started digging holes once he saw we had a puppy, he never dug holes prior to that. 
So you knew it was digging holes prior to this and didn't do anything about it?
They were small holes, holes that we could easily fill back up and cover with bricks. The bricks were dug up into the neighbor's backyard thats how animal control was able to take the dog because he was responsible for breaching the fence. I'll try to post pics as soon as i get home.

You missed my point. The size of previous holes are irrelevant
The dog was digging for a reason you should have taken more initiative to do more than simply cover the holes.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Thanks bro, I Agree, I think everyone assumed I posted to ask for advice on retaliation. If I was going to retaliate, I would have never called animal control and I would have taken matters into my own hands. I am a dog lover, I really am, however I don't want a dog like that living next door its not a good feeling. If putting him down to prevent this from happening again was the solution, I was all for it. I never wanted to actually kill the dog myself. 
calling animal control is a form of retaliation; dogs still have their own instincts to kill, and if your dad knew that type of dog was right next door, maybe he should have taken better precautions in watching after your puppies
dont blame an animal for following its instincts, while as an owner, you and your father should have well known that your puppies would be at risk if left unattended

your dad wasn't careful.

your puppies got got.

deal with it.

as an owner, you have to learn, as opposed to blaming it on other animals (which is the worst excuse).  be smarter than the dog.

Not gonna lie, the second pic got me feeling choked up. Don't have a dog, but I do have 2 cats. Thinking about something similar happening to them just gets to me. I guess it's because they are so small and defenseless. Don't know what I would do in that situation.

Anyway, sorry for your loss.

calling animal control is a form of retaliation; dogs still have their own instincts to kill, and if your dad knew that type of dog was right next door, maybe he should have taken better precautions in watching after your puppies
dont blame an animal for following its instincts, while as an owner, you and your father should have well known that your puppies would be at risk if left unattended

your dad wasn't careful.

your puppies got got.

deal with it.

as an owner, you have to learn, as opposed to blaming it on other animals (which is the worst excuse).  be smarter than the dog.

RIP to your dogs bro, this is horribly sad.
The post quoted above sounds harsh and blunt but I think there's a lot of good advice there. At the end of the day you gotta protect your own and take precautions against things like this. Learning from this going forward is the best and only reasonable way to handle this situation. 

I think the arguments about who is at "fault" are irrelevant here, your dogs aren't going to come back, and the law has spoken. Just protect the little dudes better next time. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MECKS

although i feel for you...why were your dogs outside? we keep my 7lb chihuahua/pinscher mix inside at all times

you had a 3 month old puppy outside???

eyes.gif

Nah he was indoors, my pops took them out for a bathroom break, didn't see the hole and the puppy was walking by. So, if potty training a puppy is being a bad owner, then i'm guilty. 
then change the avy or add a sig or something, how do you expect people to remember your not a dude 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

eyes.gif

then change the avy or add a sig or something, how do you expect people to remember your not a dude 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
post them pic gurl

real life...

rip to your dogs they look cute...

but in the end they are just animals... animals do things like that...

So you knew it was digging holes prior to this and didn't do anything about it?
They were small holes, holes that we could easily fill back up and cover with bricks. The bricks were dug up into the neighbor's backyard thats how animal control was able to take the dog because he was responsible for breaching the fence. I'll try to post pics as soon as i get home.

You missed my point. The size of previous holes are irrelevant
The dog was digging for a reason you should have taken more initiative to do more than simply cover the holes.
You missed her point. She didn't discover the dog was previously digging holes because they never went through the other side of the fence. Animal control pointed out that there were other holes after the incident. The owner of the husky was the one covering holes not her. I'm pretty sure if she saw holes in her backyard she would of did something, or kept the dogs in the house.

Back
Top Bottom