NES Classic Mini re-releasing 6/29/18 retail $60

Lol, if the virtual console comes returns for the switch I don’t thing the n64 mini will be a thing. That’ll eat up sales.

I doubt that. Not everyone is into hacking.
They could move way more units of the N64 and switch will still be successful cause they don't function the same way.
Nintendo could create a software emu for the switch but that will defeat the purpose of the switch functionality.

A Aonnected N64 with online game play will get my money.

Last edited:
honestly speaking, it would be nice if:

-nintendo sold these classic consoles but with the ability to play games using the original cartridge as well.
-if nintendo just rereleased the OG consoles every so often instead but with HDMI ports and a few games already on the systems.
-if nintendo released all versions of their consoles for every region rather than the uk getting the PAL version, japan getting the famicom/super famicom and the u.s. getting the super nintendo/nes.

just a wish/thought.

No need for the cartridges. Where Nintendo can create a online portal so you can purchase games thru, the onbaord storage make whole lot of sense but something substantial like 16-32gb.

A mutliplayer online lobby will be great though for certain like mario kart 64

There's as much need for the ability to play cartridges as there is for a mini version of preexisting systems complete with games.

You played on virtual console before on a newer system but still purchased an nes or snes classic right?

What was the point?

I'm looking at it a business perspective, the overhead of making and manufacuring cartridges will not really benefit Nintendo. It's a old school system, mind your each game cartdridges for n64 were like $50-$60 bucks. If they sold them now it would be cheaper due to the technolgy we have now. But having physical medium won't make sense the tech world we live is part of the Internet contected devices.

For example CD's and DVD's are still being sold but they aren't as popular when we have currently devices with software that allow you to stream or download.

The game cartdrige will be just that it's obsolete tech for the tech age we live in.

Ask yourself when was last time you consistently brought a CD or even a cassette tape?

I'm not saying that Nintendo should release cartridges.

I said that it would be nice for Nintendo to release these "classic" systems with the ability to play the original games that released for these systems.

I'm not saying that Nintendo should release cartridges.

I said that it would be nice for Nintendo to release these "classic" systems with the ability to play the original games that released for these systems.
That would make the device more expensive for Nintendo to manufacture and in turn more expensive for the consumer for a feature that relatively very few would even use.

And?

Nintendo already charges to purchase the same games they came out with before. over and over.
tropical freeze was more expensive on the switch than it was on the wiiu from my memory. nintendo games hardly ever go on actual sale.
on top of that, games like smrpg came out on the snes and could be purchased on the vc or eshop or whatever on the wii/wiiu. games like mario 3 have gotten many releases on various gameboys, console systems, etc.

in other words, if nintendo can rerelease the same games with no changes over and over and over and if nintendo has chosen to come out with a miniature version of the same system it came out with in like 84 and 90 or 91 then it can come out with said systems with cartridge slots. they aren't hurting.

anything else an i agree to disagree. i'm not one of those guys thats going to argue about nintendo's finances and what they should and should not do as a business. i'm a consumer and i see a niche they could market to and i thought it'd be nice if they did it.

i thought thats what the nes/snes classic were (throwing a bone to us OG's), given the switch, wii u, vc, roms and emulators, etc. and the decision to release these miniature systems despite that.

truth be told anybody and everybody knows what a rom and emulator are and at this point you don't even need them as there are websites that let you play in your browser.

okay enough of the jibber jabber, we all got opinions some very convoluted..lol

what games would yall like to see if nintendo did a N64 classic?

B00000K2GB

Hands down the best nba arcade game at the time. me amn older sister and cousin use to go at it, if you knew the proper cheat codes to unlock certain players or moves you were gonna keep constantly winning. I don't think jordan was in the game but their was code that allowed a player with GOD like moves like jordan. not to sure going off memory

Ready-2-Rumble-Boxing-Nintendo-64-N64-Game.html

n64_ready_2_rumble_boxing_p_w3rrii.jpg

this was damm good game. man the dude with fro was my fav character.

Last edited:
Perfect dark
Goldeneye 007
Banjo kazooie
Mario 64
Mario kart 64
Super smash bros
Mask of majora
Ocarina of time
Killer instinct gold (I know it's not happening but it should) or a MK game
Paper Mario
Mario party
Star fox 64
Diddy kong racing
Rogue squadron
Wave race 64
Yoshis story
Turok

Can't think of anything else

This is exactly the rumour news I like to hear. I hoping and praying they bring non-nintendo titles to the console.

If they market this well, and maybe re-engineer the controller with rumble pak. These are gonna fly off the shelf.

N64 was not a cheap system back then. The controller was kinda bad but that joystick and the game catlog was king.

Old games or not thier is market for this kinda system Nintendo is doing a smart thing. The could have just did a virtual machine on the switch but that would be deafet the purpose of the switch hardware and software.

Those controllers can’t be cheap either

They've been releasing jump-off controllers for years so the clone controller factories should be good to go if Nintendo gives one of 'em a contract. Key thing is whether Nintendo themselves will ensure that the analog stick accuracy is correct.

Problem with the knock off and replacement analog sticks is that they can't handle precise inputs. Plenty of videos on Youtube documenting this problem.

They've been releasing jump-off controllers for years so the clone controller factories should be good to go if Nintendo gives one of 'em a contract. Key thing is whether Nintendo themselves will ensure that the analog stick accuracy is correct.

Problem with the knock off and replacement analog sticks is that they can't handle precise inputs. Plenty of videos on Youtube documenting this problem.
The fakes rumble?

The title of this thread needs to change..............we no longer talk about strictly the "SNES Mini" anymore. NES mini, SNES mini, and eventually this rumored N64 mini..........that is what this entire thread is, it is every single one of them Nintendo minis now

The fakes rumble?

I believe the OGs had a 'Rumble Pak' and 'Controller Pak' that fit into the rear slot. 'Rumble Pak' was a huge waste of money and the thing just ate batteries. :smh:

Nintendo could in theory integrate the rumble feature into the N64 Mini's controllers and eliminate that slot in the back altogether.

Back
Top Bottom