NEVER GO TO FNL IN FAIR OAKS

I just came back from Finishline in Fair Oaks.
I never got so pissed off at a store.
Today I went to Finishline to return an AJF9 GS for my cousin.
I was going to re-purchase it with a $10 discount coupon that comes when you join the Winners Club.
On the coupon it says regular priced Jordan Brand products are excluded, not discounted priced JB stuff like the AJF9 GS which was on sale for 79.99(100.00reg.). But this dude was saying that the coupon won't work cuz its a Jordan.
Then I told him that this AJF9 GS is on sale.
Then he points at the part where it says AF-1s are exluded.
I said the AJF9 is labeled as a Jordan so why do u think this is an AF-1.
Then this dude keep says that it won't work. So I said I just wanna make it sure if it works or not.
So I walked up to the register and asked the lady. She says she needs an identification to make a refund. So I went back to the parking lot, found my dad andhe come to Finishline.
Now this lady changed her attitude towards me after talking with the dude that I was talking with. I felt something was going on. Then when I was talking withthe lady that dude keeps on laughing. So I asked him why and he won't answer but keep laughing. I started getting pissed.
The lady picks up a pen and circles the part on the coupon where it says you can't use the coupon on prior purchases. So I tell her I'm gon return thencome back later this day, tomorrow, or couple days later.
Then I get real mad cuz the MANAGER comes up to me
WITH AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM THAT HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE AGAINST ANY OF HIS CUSTOMERS. He was glaring at me and startssaying that I gotta stop doing that.
So I ask stop what.
He tells me to stop coming up to return and use a coupon to buy it again.
I've never done it before so I ask him when did I do it.
He keep says I did it last time.
Then he stares at me fiercefuly trying to go with me throws
three(maybe two) orange Nike boxes on the counter and starts yelling at me.
I get so pissed off so I also raised my voice.
His keep talking BS so I tell him to show me an evidence, a physical evidence that proves my record of using a coupon.
He made me mad cuz I've never ever used a single coupon at there before.
He says he has my record in his folders but he says he's too busy to find it.
So I said then show it to me. He won't show it to me. He keeps saying that he had the record. He even asked me if Ican listen.
WOW
How can a manager of a nation-wide chain store can say such a thing like that.
There is so much more to talk about this manager at Finishline Fair Oaks but Ima just stop it here.
This thing already got too long.

So if u read this just never go to Finishline Fair Oaks to buy something.
Go to Tysons Corner or Potomac Mills or Manassas Mall or other stores in Fair Oaks.

SMH thank god i left the company, that place has been on the decline for a min

Everytime I go in there, there's always some one staring me down...make me feel all weird on the inside.
laugh.gif

all this over a pair of AJF's? they should be damn near GIVING them things away...lol wow...

the blacks are ruining everything...

on a side note:
why would you inform them you were going to return them and then buy them back with a coupon..
i'm sure the $10 off is not good on prior purchases...

after all i think it was quite stupid but idk
i just didn't like their attitude
now im nvr gonna go there
id rather go to footaction in manasass

Originally Posted by 2Guard

the blacks are ruining everything...

on a side note:
why would you inform them you were going to return them and then buy them back with a coupon..
i'm sure the $10 off is not good on prior purchases...

laugh.gif

just go across the hall to lids. we'll treat you like you've already known us for years hahaha..

it's a weird vibe we got. (at least when i'm there. not my primary store though)

This is very irrating to me because it is over $10.And it's not like they went on sale,and you bought them like a day ago.Man I work in retail and I agreethis is not good that they got an attitude but some company's dont do price adjustment's and all don't do what you intended to do anyway,so Iunderstand why they was mad at you.My man think about it like this if every customer did what you did would there be any store's left.Exactly.

i been there a couple times and the manager always been a @%!%! He got all pissed when i used a per-paid debit check card

As an employee of a competing company, I can piggy back on the whole AFJ being counted as an air force one. That was more so when they first came out, now Ithink Nike is just trying to sell those mistakes as fast as they can.

And also the whole bringing a shoe back to get a coupon off is kinda irritating, I wouldn't get pissed to the point of that dude........hell I wouldn'tget pissed at all. I guess it depends on when you purchased the shoes and if you paid the sale price or original retail.

Ps. whats with the "black dude/black lady" !%@$? I can't be the only person getting annoyed by that

report him to corporate. i sure this won't get u labeled a snitch in the streets, being as tho its shoes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

As an employee of a competing company, I can piggy back on the whole AFJ being counted as an air force one. That was more so when they first came out, now I think Nike is just trying to sell those mistakes as fast as they can.

And also the whole bringing a shoe back to get a coupon off is kinda irritating, I wouldn't get pissed to the point of that dude........hell I wouldn't get pissed at all. I guess it depends on when you purchased the shoes and if you paid the sale price or original retail.

Ps. whats with the "black dude/black lady" !%@$? I can't be the only person getting annoyed by that
sorry i didn't mean to be a racist

Originally Posted by FXSANDMAN

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

As an employee of a competing company, I can piggy back on the whole AFJ being counted as an air force one. That was more so when they first came out, now I think Nike is just trying to sell those mistakes as fast as they can.

And also the whole bringing a shoe back to get a coupon off is kinda irritating, I wouldn't get pissed to the point of that dude........hell I wouldn't get pissed at all. I guess it depends on when you purchased the shoes and if you paid the sale price or original retail.

sorry i'm didn't mean to be a racist

happy.gif
your words... not mine.

j/k don't off yourself. It wouldn't make the news till 2010 thanks to MJ
roll.gif

I think I've seen the manager the day the blue lobsters released he looked mad salty the store right across(elite) of his had a line for shoes wen hisstore probly aint seen that for a min.

Call customer service and talk to them calmly about the situation. Ask them to forward it to that store's DM as well. Anyone else that's had issuesthere should do the same. FNL keeps a record of all customer service complaints a store receives.

If you went to any other FNL, they would most likely tell you the same thing..., just not act in the manner like that of the manager.

If you came over to Waldorf, we'd tell you straight up..., you can't use a coupon on prior purchases.

You, as a money grubbing consumer that really, really, reeeeaaaallllllyyyyy wants to save $10 on some garbage, should have known this and simply returned theshoes in the first place (without letting them know you're doing so because of the coupon) and come back at a later time and purchase them with the couponciting that they're not "regularly priced Jordan" shoes. It is only then that you would have a seemingly bullet-proof argument.

But, seeing as to how you didn't have an ID to complete the return yourself... I'm gonna assume that you're a young dude. Salty attitudes usuallyare associated with the young mentality because "you think you know it all." All we've heard is your side of the story... but an FNL managersaying that they have a file on a customer at their fingertips is completely bogus.

All in all, just call customer service and report the incident. Ask to speak with the DM or get their contact info, as previously mentioned.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I used to work there
laugh.gif

But I like the FNL in Fairoaks... lol

But I must admit that one's customer service has gone to poop. I used to ALWAYS go in there to pick up a lil something... shorts.. shirt.. maybe somekicks on sale...

But now.. I just look.. then go into Sears and check the Electronics...

Back
Top Bottom