NEVER (I REPEAT, NEVER) TETHER YOUR PHONE TO YOUR LAPTOP AS A MODEM.

you don't have an unlimited data plan?

I don't see the big deal with tethering anyway, I mean it's cool if you NEED a connection, and I mean NEED a connection bad, but other than thatit's just something nice to know I can do. I knew the connection wasn't gonna be the greatest, it's comparable to 56K is it not? Just a connectionover a phone line I always assumed, but it's a little better with a better processor in your phone, BUT not much better.

sucks for you though

there are plenty of apps u can dl to
ur phone/comp to make tetherin
beneficial for free.

ive been doing it with my iphone this past month and i didnt get charged. im on ATT and i just added the tethering hack btw. what was your setup?

you gotta be dumb if you end up paying 700$

while I was in college I would always use my cell to tether cause I didn't want to pay for internet

never paid extra on my phone bill cause I got unlimited data and 3g speed is not too bad

i have customers who do stuff like this all the time... Call in and tell cs you went to a store and added the tethering plan to your acct and the storeobviously failed to add it... Your overages will be wiped and u will b charged for the teathering plan instead.. Then just take it off later

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

i dont get it.. what happened?
Your avy fits your response perfectly
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

You didn't have an unlimited data plan?

Originally Posted by tecca nena

i have customers who do stuff like this all the time... Call in and tell cs you went to a store and added the tethering plan to your acct and the store obviously failed to add it... Your overages will be wiped and u will b charged for the teathering plan instead.. Then just take it off later
Use this advice. Good luck!

u did it wrong.. if you did this without having unlimited data, SMH on you for even attempting..

the only way they really catch you tethering is if you DL files, if they see a spike in MBs its going to be obvious your tethering.. then again when i tetherits only to surf the web and chat

Even if you have unlimited data they can charge you. There's an actual limit, but it's so high that the phone rarely reaches it. If you use the phoneas a modem it uses much more data than the phone's browser/apps. If you DL something then it's a ton of memory. I think they have people monitoring itso you should only use it as a modem for small stuff like checking email.
smh.gif
ifyou did it without an unlimited data plan.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Even if you have unlimited data they can charge you. There's an actual limit, but it's so high that the phone rarely reaches it. If you use the phone as a modem it uses much more data than the phone's browser/apps. If you DL something then it's a ton of memory. I think they have people monitoring it so you should only use it as a modem for small stuff like checking email.
smh.gif
if you did it without an unlimited data plan.
this is what i was thinking. i think op has unlimited internet, theres not a lot of people who dont. You would obvisoly think about something likethat before you hook it up.

Back
Top Bottom