NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

Wore these for an entire day and had a little bit of pain in the arch of my foot
ohwell.gif

Went over aboot 12 pages or so and didn't run into sizing...

how do these fit in contrast to other current marquee releases? (i.e. kd's, kobe's, lebrongs, to which i add an extra half inch in sizing due to cankle issues).

Hmmmm...

Went over aboot 12 pages or so and didn't run into sizing...

how do these fit in contrast to other current marquee releases? (i.e. kd's, kobe's, lebrongs, to which i add an extra half inch in sizing due to cankle issues).

Hmmmm...

TTS with extra length for the piggies. I wear a 14 in the kobe 8s, kd 6s and these have a bit more room (call it 1/4 size up) at the toe and feel secure but not overbearing in width because of the material. I also can pull off a 14 in lebron XI's (length is good) but it hurts my pinky toes, so I size up.

Last edited:
Welp.

Two hours in them and no issues at all with the exception of traction but that was 100% due to the floor we were on.

I felt an experience like nothing else when I laced them up and got on the floor for the first time. These shoes feature so much freedom and flex in a good way that it took ma minute to really trust them.

Running was a breeze due to the flex grooves and zoom. The cushioning really is THAT good so as long as your a lighter player who likes being low but covered in cushion these will be in your favor from the jump.

I did lace them up very tight and lock my ankle in with the strap to feel like I wouldn't move inside of the shoe.

Overall I think the shoe is going to be a part of my rotation but isn't at MUST PLAY status yet like the 28s are. For the price range these honestly can't be beat though IMO.

Crazy - play or shoot around outside for about thirty minutes or so. My traction got so much better after that.

Traction on mine was good out of the box. I wish the traction on the KD6 was better. Shoe has unlimited potential, plus IMO is the best looking hoop shoe on the market.

Like I said traction was fine, it's just that the court is in terrible condition. Everyone was skating. :smh:

Traction on mine was good out of the box. I wish the traction on the KD6 was better. Shoe has unlimited potential, plus IMO is the best looking hoop shoe on the market.
The main reason I got rid of them.

That and the funny fit.

Both Rudy Gay and Demarcus went down in these tonight. Hope its just coincidence and nothing about the shoes...

WELP...
Sprained ankle for DeMarcus Cousins. :frown:

Rudy Gay also left the game with Achilles injury. I could be wrong, but it looked like he was also wearing the black/gray version of the HyperRevs. I could be wrong.

Also Kyrie was used to promote the shoe quite a lot, but I never see him rock them when I catch a game of his. Maybe he swaps them out before I start watching? I see him with the Hyperdunks all the time.

Sad. Won't stop me from copping them!

Last edited:
Hmm so this is basically what happens when you try to ball in Rosheruns? 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
The lack of a heel cup more then anything else is going to be what kills these shoes for on court performance. Fun for shoot around though.

I think I read that the dole is hollowed out a bit which in effect will serve as a quasi-heel cup. From the reviews stability is not an issue

So you have tried them and don't like them?
Yeah I tried them on last weekend. I like them from a comfort standpoint and they feel ok for light play. I dig the full length zoom as well as the fit. I just felt kind of bare in the heel. I'm use to balling in my kbV's, kb8's and hyperdunk12's so going to these felt kind of strange at first. Seeing the latest ankle rolls is kind of off putting though even though it shouldn't directly be related to the shoe itself, but this shoe gives a lot under duress. Just not completely sold on these yet for a performance shoe.

Last edited:
So you tried them on in store and were satisfied? That's not enough really to feel the shoe. It's a totally different feel but look at this thread and see the reviews, generally positive and a strong positive at that.

Don't use the ankle rolls as an excuse. Dudes in the NBA roll their ankles all the time. That's part of what happens when those big *** dudes put that much strain on their feet with that fresh court conditions they're exposed to.

Kobe ruptured his Achilles but you don't mind the 8s do you?

Back
Top Bottom