NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

I'm sorry man but that bad traction claimed as advantage is not only ridiculous it's down right dangerous and ignorant. No offense meant to you personally but that's a real good way to sustain a serious injury

Got my pair in tonight. The sole does feel a little slick; more than I expected.

Not sure if I'll end up keeping them.

Bad traction is useful on offense if you can dribble well.  I had a friend who has been wearing OG Hyperfuse lows since they originally came out, which is over 3 years.  He plays a lot, so his traction has been worn down considerably.

The way he uses it to his advantage is when changing direction with moves like behind the back, between the legs, crossover, etc.  If you have good traction, you will completely stop when you are making these moves, but because of his bad traction, he is still sliding when he is doing these moves.  This adds an element of surprise and confuses the defender. 
(Usually you don't see people sliding around the court when dribbling around).  

Most people are not comfortable with sliding because it can increase the chance of an ankle injury, but if you are used to it, it can be an advantage (like what he does).  

It is kinda hard to explain, if you need more clarification I can give you more examples that are different.
Lol at he was still sliding comment.

You mean he travels? :lol:

I think i just fell out of my chair :rofl:

Last edited:
Slide on though, no need to get buckets, slide dribble slide, then hit the slip n slide to crossover, then slide lol

Last edited:
Amir Johnson left the Raptors-Magic game early today after he landed on Oladipo's foot and did not return. And guess what? Wearing Hyper-revs. Is this the 3rd lower leg injury in the past week or two with someone wearing these shoes? Is it coincidence? Would these players be injured as severely or even at all if they had different shoes on?

He tweeted that he was fine but let's see if he plays next game and maybe more importantly, if he's still wearing these kicks.

^I can kind of get what you're saying, but players get injured in other shoes as well. Injuries are a result of several things, not just what shoes they are wearing.

Amir Johnson left the Raptors-Magic game early today after he landed on Oladipo's foot and did not return. And guess what? Wearing Hyper-revs. Is this the 3rd lower leg injury in the past week or two with someone wearing these shoes? Is it coincidence? Would these players be injured as severely or even at all if they had different shoes on?

He tweeted that he was fine but let's see if he plays next game and maybe more importantly, if he's still wearing these kicks.
No shoes is going to save you from ankle injury if you unexpectedly land on someone else foot.

Plus all NBA players ankles are all professionally wrapped.

Ankle wrap > any shoe "ankle shoe protection".

It's true no shoe will save you but there's no reason To throw caution to the wind either. Not saying this shoe is the issue just a relative statement in general. You havevto know what's going to provide you with as much support as you need.

Last edited:
Have to look at the number of players wearing the shoe in the NBA as well. By sheer numbers it makes sense more will be injured in the shoe.

Also, to counter my argument, wearing mine tonight and got that Bruce Bowen defense put on me on a three jumper. Completely landed on his foot and my ankle bone hit the floor. I crawled off. Wouldn't have mattered what I was wearing ( maybe my Ektio's).

Back
Top Bottom